The NFL and the National Anthem

As I said earlier, “Now you may say, well the men in uniform are also protecting the protestors freedom to take a knee, but here’s the problem with that. This is not their place to do it. That is, they aren’t on the field representing themselves, they are at work and the moment they step on the field they are representing the company they work for and the city they live in. They are protesting on someone else’s dime, not their own. It’s not the right place, it offends the wrong people, it politicizes a sport, it is divisive, and ultimately it serves no purpose because it does not point to a specific issue that needs to be corrected in the justice system.”

Sorry Mic351 , but you did serve to defend someone’s right to break their employers rules. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mic351 said:

I have never responded in this forum to any political stance or statement that I I can remember but I just had to comment here.  I served  3-years active duty in the USMC  with a total of 17-months in Vietnam.  I was wounded and received a Purple Heart and a Bronze Star.  So I'm pretty sure I'm qualified to speak a bit on patriotism.  For all of you bitching about taking a knee; I fought so they could "take a knee".  It's called "peaceful protest" you ignorant shits and it's guaranteed by our Constitution.  You might check out the 1st Amendment in the "Rill of Rights". Ya know, that document you so often profess your love for. 

If you would bother to investigate or research a bit you'd find that when Colin Kaepernick took a knee he was not only protesting police brutality and inequality, he was also protesting the way returning veterans are treated.  Yeah, you must have missed that part right?  Try getting your news from someone or somewhere else besides Fox News.  So to slam his protest in my eyes, you're also slamming the protest of the way our returning vets are treated.  Guess you're ok with that.  Seems as if our chicken hawk draft dodging president is. So I guess you might as well climb on that bandwagon.  These athletes are not disrespecting my flag or my country. In this wounded veteran's opinion,  you sorry asses  that call yourself  Americans are. 

So no one is to be given the right to peaceful protest except that which you believe in and agree with huh? Idiots!  We are a country built on protest and revolution!  A country built on immigrants!  Our strength lies in our ability to protest and our diversity!  But you, you go right on listening to your dear fearless leader.  You know the one who's campaign team consorted with the Russians.  The one whose  whole family has financial ties to Russia.  The one who's campaign manager has already been informed he's going to be indicted.  Yep!  follow him right over the cliff you f**king lemmings...  And you dare call yourself patriotic Americans.  The nerve!!       

Trump_Winnie-the-Pooh_Piglet_President_F

Nail on the head.  Frankly when an actual vet has to school the far-right media-fed citizens who support discrimination and divsion by invoking their own biased philosophy about what it means to be patriotic and to represent their nation from the comfort of their living room chairs, then something is very wrong.  Thanks for speaking up mic351.  There's is a clear correct side to be on this particular argument and it's great to see that the people who actually put their lives on the line for the country are on the right side.

I sure as hell know you assholes who show no respect to the office of president, have just a little or no respect for those who go to work everyday and protect your sorry asses from being robbed, or being shot. Those who pledge their lives to protect yours. Now mic 351 nowhere in any news story does Keapernick say anything about the veterans treatment, or anything relayed to the treatment of veterans, But this President has done more for vets than OSLAMA did in his 8 years.

"Ignorant"  "FUCK YOU and the horse you fell off of  ! I also am not an "IDIOT"

I am a second generation military family currently with two sons serving overseas. I can tell you first hand from my sons and their buddies, they don't agree with you !!!!!!

Thank you for service....... We to have the right to disagree with you.

BTW, maybe you should try to get your news from somewhere other than Main Stream fuck heads that call themselves reporters !!!! 

Kaepernicks quote: 

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Kaepernick said. “To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.” “This is not something that I am going to run by anybody,” he told NFL Media. “I am not looking for approval. I have to stand up for people that are oppressed. … If they take football away, my endorsements from me, I know that I stood up for what is right.”

Mic you need quit smoking so much of the good shit buddy, as the veterans thing is just a figment of your imagination.

Image result for kaepernick picture of socks showing pigs This is how Kaepernick feels about those who protect and serve !! 

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler

Image result for the national anthem and a waving flag gif

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

Now mic 351 nowhere in any news story does Keapernick say anything about the veterans treatment, or anything relayed to the treatment of veterans, But this President has done more for vets than OSLAMA did in his 8 years

Incorrect.  This took me all of 10 seconds to find:

Two days later, Kaepernick spoke to reporters about the protest. The encounter included this exchange:

Reporter: So many people see the flag as a symbol of the military. How do you view it and what do you say to those people?

Kaepernick: I have great respect for the men and women that have fought for this country. I have family, I have friends that have gone and fought for this country. And they fight for freedom, they fight for the people, they fight for liberty and justice, for everyone. That’s not happening. People are dying in vain because this country isn’t holding their end of the bargain up, as far as giving freedom and justice, liberty to everybody. That’s something that’s not happening. I’ve seen videos, I’ve seen circumstances where men and women that have been in the military have come back and been treated unjustly by the country they have fought for, and have been murdered by the country they fought for, on our land. That’s not right.

4 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Nail on the head.  Frankly when an actual vet has to school the far-right media-fed citizens who support discrimination and divsion by invoking their own biased philosophy about what it means to be patriotic and to represent their nation from the comfort of their living room chairs, then something is very wrong.  Thanks for speaking up mic351.  There's is a clear correct side to be on this particular argument and it's great to see that the people who actually put their lives on the line for the country are on the right side.

Did you even read my last post? I fail to see how I've been schooled. You really think our military's purpose is to defend a person's right to break their employees rules? Hell, I guess I just won't even go to work tomorrow and cite some bullshit LGBT gripe that I'm protesting. This is a bad argument to cover over what's going on with this anthem issue. It really is. 

Ok, I've said everything I have to say about this. If you want to know where I stand and more importantly, why I stand for the things I stand for just read my previous posts on this subject. From here on out it just gets off topic and personal. 

I still love all of you anyways even if I respectfully disagree with some of you. 💗

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Incorrect.  This took me all of 10 seconds to find:

Two days later, Kaepernick spoke to reporters about the protest. The encounter included this exchange:

Reporter: So many people see the flag as a symbol of the military. How do you view it and what do you say to those people?

Kaepernick: I have great respect for the men and women that have fought for this country. I have family, I have friends that have gone and fought for this country. And they fight for freedom, they fight for the people, they fight for liberty and justice, for everyone. That’s not happening. People are dying in vain because this country isn’t holding their end of the bargain up, as far as giving freedom and justice, liberty to everybody. That’s something that’s not happening. I’ve seen videos, I’ve seen circumstances where men and women that have been in the military have come back and been treated unjustly by the country they have fought for, and have been murdered by the country they fought for, on our land. That’s not right.

You see the big problem with most of the argument involving the country is that what these people protesting mostly is about Local Jurisdictions---Police, Local Government, Cities , and States-who for the most

part make up their own laws and are supposed to enforce them. Oh and the local  judges that rule on the law are mostly elected by the people themselves.  The Federal Government is mostly not responsible unless it is deemed a hate crime for example.

So these protests have NOTHING to do with the National Anthem or the Flag.  It just might be a cover for those who dislike Trump . 

Edited by happyone
added

So funny, snopes most of all always posts things where reporters bait the person into saying what they want they to report. His protest has nothing to do with the veterans, it was spurred on by his Afro American out spoken girlfriend, Maturin and why do you care ? your not an American, and you have no skin at all in this game.

Show me where it shows up anywhere other than snopes ? 

20 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

I sure as hell know you assholes who show no respect to the office of president, have just a little or no respect for those who go to work everyday and protect your sorry asses from being robbed, or being shot. Those who pledge their lives to protect yours. Now mic 351 nowhere in any news story does Keapernick say anything about the veterans treatment, or anything relayed to the treatment of veterans, But this President has done more for vets than OSLAMA did in his 8 years.

"Ignorant"  "FUCK YOU and the horse you fell off of  ! I also am not an "IDIOT"

I am a second generation military family currently with two sons serving overseas. I can tell you first hand from my sons and their buddies, they don't agree with you !!!!!!

Thank you for service....... We to have the right to disagree with you.

BTW, maybe you should try to get your news from somewhere other than Main Stream fuck heads that call themselves reporters !!!! 

Kaepernicks quote: 

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Kaepernick said. “To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.” “This is not something that I am going to run by anybody,” he told NFL Media. “I am not looking for approval. I have to stand up for people that are oppressed. … If they take football away, my endorsements from me, I know that I stood up for what is right.”

Mic you need quit smoking so much of the good shit buddy, as the veterans thing is just a figment of your imagination.

Image result for kaepernick picture of socks showing pigs This is how Kaepernick feels about those who protect and serve !! 

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler

Image result for the national anthem and a waving flag gif

Yeah, your post shows that you are a fucking idiot..

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

So funny, snopes most of all always posts things where reporters bait the person into saying what they want they to report. His protest has nothing to do with the veterans, it was spurred on by his Afro American out spoken girlfriend, Maturin and why do you care ? your not an American, and you have no skin at all in this game 

I care because, I was chatting to my friend's kid around 9/11 about what had just happened, get this the kid was about 8 years old, he was probably quoting from somewhere but he said - when America sneezes the rest of the world catches a cold.  We thought it was really funny for an 8 year old to come out with something so wise but I've never forgotten those words.

Of course the rest of the world cares what's happening in your country.  You have the world's largest miltary and industrial military complex and your leaders are not afraid to use it to bring "freedom" to whichever nation looks unwilling to fall under the economic model that guarentees US dominance.  Your foreign policy is aggresive and uncivilised and your leaders are incompetent and quite capable of starting WW3.

It is not acceptable to the rest of the world to see such a powerful nation come under the sway of far right leaders nor to see your country eating itself up from within because the ordinary citizens are being fucked over from on high by the elites.  As a European I know exactly what will happen when the people decide that they have had enough of their greedy incompetent leaders- the results are always horrific.  The thought of that happening to such an aggressive, powerful nation, one that has recently started using nuclear annihilation as a diplomacy tool, means that every human being alive today has "skin in the game."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I see there's a whole bunch of vets that support my position.  Moreover, I have a son in the Corps.  I was in the Corps, My father was in the Corps and even my grandfather was in the Corps.  My son has done two tours overseas and he agrees with my position.  But everyone here is missing the point.  the whole reason for protest is to call attention to a grievance of some kind right?  I'd say it has accomplished its purpose.  

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2661364-military-veterans-sign-petition-supporting-colin-kaepernicks-right-to-protest

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mic351 said:

I see there's a whole bunch of vets that support my position.  Moreover, I have a son in the Corps.  I was in the Corps, My father was in the Corps and even my grandfather was in the Corps.  My son has done two tours overseas and he agrees with my position.  But everyone here is missing the point.  the whole reason for protest is to call attention to a grievance of some kind right?  I'd say it has accomplished its purpose.  

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2661364-military-veterans-sign-petition-supporting-colin-kaepernicks-right-to-protest

I agree, I too have one son in the Corps, and one in the Air Force, I served in the Navy, and my father served in the Army. None of us are ignorant, none of us are idiots, we are in fact just Americans speaking our mind and feelings as is our right to do so.