The NFL and the National Anthem

so we are bitching over same thing that is so stupid like the NFL players kneeled before the national anthem please explain to me how is that disrespect or a protest to my opinion kneeling is showing respect for this country and those who serve you are showing respect for the flag and what it represents like freedom to express yourself to speak your mind we have the freedom to do all most what we want... let me get back to freedom to express yourself is that what the NFL players are doing right now locking arms kneeling. now I do not see it as disrespect I see it as respect not a protest either.. we as Americans have the right to express yourself there is no law that states that you should stand during the national anthem. here a fact for you all in 1931 president Herbert hoover signed a law that made the star spangled banner our official national anthem if same one kneels or take some other posture when the national anthem is played it is  part of our right to freedom of expression so Donald trump is wrong at this one all so and the same goes for those who are bitching about the NFL players kneeling. how pathetic

• Like 2

As for Trumpito to tell them to 'fire' the players,it is illegal,where does this come into play if you want to start stating laws and rights to a private organization? This is just the beginning of the end of our rights as american citizens,this is a non-violent protest,yet neo-nazis and kkk can rally in our streets freely without this much chatter? WTF is wrong here?  

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/227

• Like 1

FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION IS OUR AMERICAN RIGHT.

Yes it is--if Bill Russel wants to take a knee as he did in this picture--that is ok by me
Or anyone else who wants to protest on a knee or arm in arm.

JUST DO NOT DO IT WHEN OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM IS PLAYING
THAT DISRESPECTS ALL WHO FOUGHT AND DIED AND ARE STILL FIGHTING FOR THIS RIGHT.
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, happyone said:

Yes it is--if Bill Russel wants to take a knee as he did in this picture--that is ok by me

So you're saying when it's ok to have freedom of expression? Sorry,you can't pick and choose a time when it's ok,then you are limiting our rights. 

http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2017/09/26/patriots-and-protesters-should-take-a-knee-for-the-constitution/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RAGNAR said:

So you're saying when it's ok to have freedom of expression? Sorry,you can't pick and choose a time when it's ok,then you are limiting our rights. 

http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2017/09/26/patriots-and-protesters-should-take-a-knee-for-the-constitution/

In your world, I guess disrespect is ok

4 minutes ago, happyone said:

In your world, I guess disrespect is ok

In MY world social injustice is NOT ok, and people telling me when and where i am allowed to exercise my freedom of expression is NOT ok. 

49 minutes ago, RAGNAR said:

As for Trumpito to tell them to 'fire' the players,it is illegal,where does this come into play if you want to start stating laws and rights to a private organization? This is just the beginning of the end of our rights as american citizens,this is a non-violent protest,yet neo-nazis and kkk can rally in our streets freely without this much chatter? WTF is wrong here?  

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/227

So i guess Trump doesn't have the Freedom of Speech to say those football players should be fired for disrespecting all the AMERICANS men & women that have lost their lives to protect our Country

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RAGNAR said:

In MY world social injustice is NOT ok, and people telling me when and where i am allowed to exercise my freedom of expression is NOT ok. 

You just answered my question with your statement.

It does not matter to you whether or not you are being disrespectful to another person---your freedoms come first.

Make sure you let your kids know that if they disrespect you or a teacher.

57 minutes ago, happyone said:

I agree with happyone, funny how in other countries people are proud of their flag. As Americans you have rights, but DON'T disrespect the AMERICAN FLAG.

wait so kneeling is disrespecting the American flag how is that disrespect? are the NFL players wearing the U.S. flag as a cape now that's disrespect   so we as American do not have the right to kneel while the natural anthem is playing  what the NFL players are doing by kneeling is freedom to express yourself

• Like 3