The Athiest Delusion

?  Who do you think started the Wars? Puts FEAR in the Hearts of men - Creates Pain - Lust - Suffering - Hate - Unforgiven - Confusion - Dissatisfaction - Perversion - Prejudice - Anger - Lying - Cheat and Death. When man fell, God said a man has become like us to know what is Good and what is Evil. Man no longer obeys God's Good and Evil, man himself determined what is Good and Evil. This is what started all the division we have in this world today, everyone has a different concept of what is right and wrong. Peace :cool:

• Like 1

On 11/3/2017 at 1:56 PM, mic351 said:

BTW, I do not agree with organized religion.  I do agree more people have been killed and more lives destroyed in the name of organized religion than almost all the wars..  

If you want to take away all the bad that religion has done, then you also have to also take away the good that it has done. I think most people would concede that the good far outweighs the bad particularly when you consider the impacts on the individual. Also, far more death and destruction has come as a result of non-religious, ideological causes then by religion particularly in the 20-21st centuries of modern mankind. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Amy3 said:

If you want to take away all the bad that religion has done, then you also have to also take away the good that it has done. I think most people would concede that the good far outweighs the bad particularly when you consider the impacts on the individual. Also, far more death and destruction has come as a result of non-religious, ideological causes then by religion particularly in the 20-21st centuries of modern mankind. 

I do not have a problem with faith.  I have a problem with organized religion.  To me there is a big difference.  

• Like 1

all the wars in the name of religion the Spanish inquisition the crusades the modern terrorism the salem witch trials burning scientists at the stake just to name a few and how many things you claim as what religion did good people would have done anyways just because people can be moral and help their fellow man without the fear of going to hell to motivate them 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, EMMETT111 said:

all the wars in the name of religion the Spanish inquisition the crusades the modern terrorism the salem witch trials burning scientists at the stake just to name a few and how many things you claim as what religion did good people would have done anyways just because people can be moral and help their fellow man without the fear of going to hell to motivate them 

The numbers speak for themselves. Communism alone is responsible for over 100 million dead in just the last century. There is no religion based death toll that comes anywhere close to that. Even modern day Islam related death tolls pale to this number. 

To a large part the impact of religion has been an incredible stabilizing factor in maintaining order in our civilization. By that I mean that religion, in general, helps create “GOOD” people. Here’s what atheist generally refuse to accept. They refuse to accept the idea that mankind is flawed. The truth is that we are indeed not innately good, quite the contrary. Goodness is learned! All organized religions, where a benevolent God is at the center, promote the idea that people should be good. The fact that people are flawed and may do bad even in the name of religion cannot take away from the basic principal that the design of the religion is the promote goodness. So, what is goodness? It is what we call morality. This is where good and evil gets its name. If there is no morality, then no human behavior is either good or evil, it’s just behavior and me spitting in your face is no different then me shaking your hand and saying hello. Without morality, you cannot make a claim that one behavior is any better or worse then another. So, where does this morality come from? It certainly doesn’t come innately from human-ness. No, it can’t. The reason it can’t is because mankind can not be a source of truth. That is, anything you want to say is innately moral, can easily be disproven by another human who disagrees with it. You can say committing murder is wrong, but it hasn’t always been wrong. And how can you know it’s wrong? If a human can do it, it is by definition an aspect of human-ness and perhaps it’s just part of being human. The idea that humans can create morality on their own is folly becuse it can always be proven otherwise simply by another human doing whatever you say is wrong. You may say well, it’s wrong if the large majority of people think it’s wrong or right, but that cannot be true either. For a long time the majority of human felt that slavery was perfectly fine. So did that mean it was fine? If humans are the source of that moral truth, then yes, it is fine. But for how long? As long as humans deem it so, that’s how long. In other words human based morality is not inalienable. That is, it cannot be certain, ever! 

So, where does the truth of morality come from? The one that is inalienable. The one that cannot be changed at the whim of mankind. Well, it is bestowed upon us via a religious belief in a benevolent God, of course! God must be the source of the truth behind morality, which makes the idea of good and evil possible. If you want to deny this, then you have to surmise that humans are in fact simply animals and to be honest, any human behavior is at its core not any better or worse then any other human behavior no matter how much you want to believe it is. 

Here is Dennis Prager to explain why humans are not innately good. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Amy3 said:

The numbers speak for themselves. Communism alone is responsible for over 100 million dead in just the last century. There is no religion based death toll that comes anywhere close to that. Even modern day Islam related death tolls pale to this number. 

To a large part the impact of religion has been an incredible stabilizing factor in maintaining order in our civilization. By that I mean that religion, in general, helps create “GOOD” people. Here’s what atheist generally refuse to accept. They refuse to accept the idea that mankind is flawed. The truth is that we are indeed not innately good, quite the contrary. Goodness is learned! All organized religions, where a benevolent God is at the center, promote the idea that people should be good. The fact that people are flawed and may do bad even in the name of religion cannot take away from the basic principal that the design of the religion is the promote goodness. So, what is goodness? It is what we call morality. This is where good and evil gets its name. If there is no morality, then no human behavior is either good or evil, it’s just behavior and me spitting in your face is no different then me shaking your hand and saying hello. Without morality, you cannot make a claim that one behavior is any better or worse then another. So, where does this morality come from? It certainly doesn’t come innately from human-ness. No, it can’t. The reason it can’t is because mankind can not be a source of truth. That is, anything you want to say is innately moral, can easily be disproven by another human who disagrees with it. You can say committing murder is wrong, but it hasn’t always been wrong. And how can you know it’s wrong? If a human can do it, it is by definition an aspect of human-ness and perhaps it’s just part of being human. The idea that humans can create morality on their own is folly becuse it can always be proven otherwise simply by another human doing whatever you say is wrong. You may say well, it’s wrong if the large majority of people think it’s wrong or right, but that cannot be true either. For a long time the majority of human felt that slavery was perfectly fine. So did that mean it was fine? If humans are the source of that moral truth, then yes, it is fine. But for how long? As long as humans deem it so, that’s how long. In other words human based morality is not inalienable. That is, it cannot be certain, ever! 

So, where does the truth of morality come from? The one that is inalienable. The one that cannot be changed at the whim of mankind. Well, it is bestowed upon us via a religious belief in a benevolent God, of course! God must be the source of the truth behind morality, which makes the idea of good and evil possible. If you want to deny this, then you have to surmise that humans are in fact simply animals and to be honest, any human behavior is at its core not any better or worse then any other human behavior no matter how much you want to believe it is. 

Here is Dennis Prager to explain why humans are not innately good. 

AMY they don't understand the goodness that G O D  brings to us, LOVE, HAPPINESS & FAMILY

• Like 2

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. Peace :cool:

• Like 1

I have always loved Desiderata and have at least two copies on various walls around my house. If everyone lived their lives according to these words then the world would be a better place. Other than these two sentences 

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,

there is no mention of religion so by ignoring these even non-religious people can happily live their lives in a manner which promotes peace and harmony.

A wonderful piece of prose filled with infinite wisdom.  

I am not what one would call a poetry expert. I have read a bit of poetry here and there on Desiderata and even dabbled in it as an emotionally tortured teenager. But for some reason, it can never quite seem to hold my attention, no matter how many times I attempt to get into it. For the most part, I gravitate towards those poems that give me some kind of inspiration. Your mind is your world, a secret place where your spirit and the spirit of what you choose to believe dwells. If you are a Believer, the Holy Spirit communicates with you in your mind. But if you're not a Believer, then the Devil rules your mind. And what so ever that controls your mind, control you and that is who you are and what you're going to be. The good and the bad fights over your mind every second. The mind is a Human home. It is the center for the processing of the Human body physiologically, physically and spiritually. But the spirituality of the mind is a more important intern with fighting with evil. To do the right things in judgment, decision making, reasoning, and thinking. That is why the mind is called the Battleground. I humble myself to all who read my post, and I respect people for who they are. But the truth is, in my years of study, I have only come up with two hard incontrovertible facts: there is a God, and I'm not Him.

I PIRATEMEDIA PRESENT - What you need to know about the GREAT DECEPTION of MANKIND ... 2017

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xs22eo_ANSyJQw5tiPcP9A5se_eO-xBA/view?usp=sharing