Leora & Paul - General Chat Topic (Jan - Apr. 2018)

I've noticed a standing fan running in the living room by the window. Now, I'm too lazy to dig in the archives, but I have a feeling that someone who claims to know more about Leora and Paul than us mere mortals, and claims to know their whereabouts, once said that they lived in Krasnoyarsk - if I remember correctly, but I'm not 100% sure. Seems like it's -13°C (8.6°F) out there in Krasnoyarsk at the moment. Does it all make sense to you?

1 hour ago, robur said:

I've noticed a standing fan running in the living room by the window. Now, I'm too lazy to dig in the archives, but I have a feeling that someone who claims to know more about Leora and Paul than us mere mortals, and claims to know their whereabouts, once said that they lived in Krasnoyarsk - if I remember correctly, but I'm not 100% sure. Seems like it's -13°C (8.6°F) out there in Krasnoyarsk at the moment. Does it all make sense to you?

robur, You are correct as to the location and the temperature. I, do not know your location. But I'm willing to guess the outside walls of your residence are not 16"- 19", or a half a meter thick. That dimension is a guessed factor based on the wall thickness going out to the balcony from the bedroom.

The unknown factor is how the apartment is heated. Again I'm guessing the building has a central heat source of hydronic design. Most likely the tenants have limited control of the temperature. Also the outside temperature range in a twenty four hour span can be large.

With the thick walls, and again guessing, well insulated. The running of the fan, and the opening and closing of the doors going to the balcony, which is accessible from the bedroom, living room, and the bedroom, seems a logical approach for the tenants to stay comfortable.

Given the amount of clothing, or the lack thereof, it seems to me the apartment is toasty warm.

Just info from another mere mortal, who, shudder the thought. Once and a while looks past Leora, and studies the building.   

• Like 1