Leora & Paul - General Chat Topic (Jan - Apr. 2018)

All the RLC apartments are filmed in the same studio in Area 51 that they faked the moon landing in. :biggrin:

(Just kidding. Scutus is correct. But I still can't figure out the fan. Maybe Leora bribes the building's apt. manager with a free RLC subscription to keep her heat on full blast. She appears to be running rather hot these days.)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, scutus said:

robur, You are correct as to the location and the temperature. I, do not know your location. But I'm willing to guess the outside walls of your residence are not 16"- 19", or a half a meter thick. That dimension is a guessed factor based on the wall thickness going out to the balcony from the bedroom.

The unknown factor is how the apartment is heated. Again I'm guessing the building has a central heat source of hydronic design. Most likely the tenants have limited control of the temperature. Also the outside temperature range in a twenty four hour span can be large.

With the thick walls, and again guessing, well insulated. The running of the fan, and the opening and closing of the doors going to the balcony, which is accessible from the bedroom, living room, and the bedroom, seems a logical approach for the tenants to stay comfortable.

Given the amount of clothing, or the lack thereof, it seems to me the apartment is toasty warm.

Just info from another mere mortal, who, shudder the thought. Once and a while looks past Leora, and studies the building.   

Scutus, that the apartment must be toasty warm is the only logical explanation of the fan, but with the outside temperature of -13°C I found it surprising that she used it. It just seems like a waste of energy to me. I mean, with the abundant supply of freezing air outside, why not bring the temperature down by airing the room for a while, or simply by turning off the radiators? That would be the most logical thing to do, to me at least. But if she used the fan, it might mean that it's not that cold outside and that, in fact, they don't live in Krasnoyarsk, but somewhere warmer. But what do I know... 
Just for the record, I live in Slovakia and the outside walls of the building I live in are about 40 cm thick (you made me measure it), which is just under 16". We use hydronic heating, too. The temperature outside last night was around -6°C, now it's like -3°C (26°F). Even with this thick insulation I would never think of using a fan in the middle of winter. When I turn off the radiator in any room, within 2-3 hours the temperature inside the room drops enough for me to turn it back on. If I overheat a room and want to cool it down quickly, opening the window for 2 minutes is enough. Using a fan is just... well, beyond my logic. Just sayin'.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Aussie_oi_oi said:

Gee Wizz doesn't Leora look hot in black

Aussie, I whole heartedly agree. Perhaps we should say exceptionally hot in black. Because she looks hot in, or out of, virtually everything she wears.