Maya - General Chat Topic 2018 #1

StnCld316

1 hour ago, Howard said:

They are probably working with Foamcore. I've used it extensively in a business I owned a while back.  Better then Styrofoam and more adaptable for retail.

Edit: Yep - looks like they are using Styrofoam and not Foamcore.  Russia - what a backwards country. 🙂

My guess is, that it has to do more with the cost factor. Good logic prevails. Why should they spend more than is necessary to build a store display, which may very well become a throw away item. once its usefulness ends.

Doesn't sound at all  " backward " to me. Just prudent business operation.

1 hour ago, scutus said:

My guess is, that it has to do more with the cost factor. Good logic prevails. Why should they spend more than is necessary to build a store display, which may very well become a throw away item. once its usefulness ends.

Doesn't sound at all  " backward " to me. Just prudent business operation.

Its good to see her working again after a spell of doing nothing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, gossip69 said:

nice cleaned up. wonder if they are moving or just spring time requiring clean up in general 

That will be the second Spring cleaning since Stepan moved out. Looks to me that we're suddenly missing a lot of stuff. I won't place my bets until the computer and microwave disappear, however. Maya's been known to create some surprises this past year, and our CC speculations aren't working to well with her anymore.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, gossip69 said:

nice cleaned up. wonder if they are moving or just spring time requiring clean up in general 

It seems to me that this was more than a spring cleaning. The blue curtains that have been there since the onset of RLC with Olga and Sergey, have been taken down. Also I do not recall of ever having seen the (daybeds), (sofas ), (sectionals), which ever name one wishes to use, and the cushions hand scrubbed. Plus having them pulled out from the wall and scrubbing the floor underneath.

Many objects could have been moved to the balcony. Not knowing who gained possession of the camping gear, inflatable rafts etc. Plus Maya's work area is out of camera range from either the hall, or living room cameras. That corner could very well be the new location of what was in the kitchen.

Whatever the case, there is open area that is getting sunlight for the first time since it has been occupied by RLC tenants.   Time will tell !!