2018 Winter Olympics

rammer

17 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

Nah, I'm not an Eagles fan, I'm a crazy Eagles fanatic! Sad the seasons over, but it was amazing! I'm a Sixers and Phillies fan also, Dont really watch our Flyers, need to start checking them out too. Where are you from rammer? Sorry if you told me already, I'm bad on that kind of stuff. Like remembering things, duh

I thought so.  You're a Philly Philly girl.  Love it!  I was at the very last Phillies game at the Vet before they blew it up.  It was so cool that Chris Long was wearing an Alan Iverson jersey the day of the parade.  He get's it.  I try to get to at least to one game for each every year.  Sometimes more. There's nothing better than tailgating and spending time at Xfinity One before an Eagles game.  I tried so many times but can't get into the Flyers either.  I can get to the Link in an hour on a good day or 2 hours on a bad day.  I really went off topic here though.  Sorry guys.  Our Olympians rock!  Please watch folks.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, rammer said:

I don't.  Had both knees replaced 5 years ago due to tearing them up over the years playing sports like a maniac.  It was worth it though.  Good memories.  That's why I respect these unknown athletes.  They're dedicating their lives to be an Olympian.  They've never sign a 5 year  $125 million contract.  They do it for the love of their sport.  So cool.  Hoboken is Giants territory.  Our Eagles have flown - finally.  I think Ashley might be an Eagles fan.  Right Ashley?

I’m a true Cowboy fan. The last time, I heard anything about the Eagles, beside this Super Bowl, was Nov-19-1978 when my Dad was exiting the stadium and the crowd was in an uproar watching Herman Edwards pick up Larry Czonka fumble with seconds on the clock to win the game. That to me would have been worth witnessing. Did you get watch it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ipiratemedia said:

I’m contemplating about having my knees replaced. The problem, I’m to young for the procedure, that’s what their telling me at the Veterans Clinic. They say, it’s like day and night, after the surgery.  Do you agree Ram? 

Mine were toast in my early 40's.  I put up with the pain for well over 10 years because they told me I was too young.  We can deal with the pain but toward the end I could be standing and not moving and suddenly one of them would buckle and I'd fall.  I don't every regret having it done.  Just find the best surgeon you can and bust your ass rehabbing and as an ex athlete work the problem like you're training.  I took an awesome amount of protein powder during that time too.  I don't think they cut the quad muscle anymore but I'm not sure how the surgeons are at the veterans clinic.  Stay positive.  Take your meds on schedule.  I would recommend doing both at once.  The rehab is double but the down time is singular. The pain from the surgery was nothing compared to the pain I had 24/7 for 10+ years before that.  It's like anything else.  All you have to do is work the problem and you'll be fine.  Sorry mods if I went off topic here.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ipiratemedia said:

I’m a true Cowboy fan. The last time, I heard anything about the Eagles, beside this Super Bowl, was Nov-19-1978 when my Dad was exiting the stadium and the crowd was in an uproar watching Herman Edwards pick up Larry Czonka fumble with seconds on the clock to win the game. That to me would have been worth witnessing. Did you get watch it?

That was called "The Miracle at the Meadowlands".  I wasn't there but I watched it live on TV.  Eagles won 19-17.  Probably my 2nd or 3rd best Eagles memory.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, rammer said:

Mine were toast in my early 40's.  I put up with the pain for well over 10 years because they told me I was too young.  We can deal with the pain but toward the end I could be standing and not moving and suddenly one of them would buckle and I'd fall.  I don't every regret having it done.  Just find the best surgeon you can and bust your ass rehabbing and as an ex athlete work the problem like you're training.  I took an awesome amount of protein powder during that time too.  I don't think they cut the quad muscle anymore but I'm not sure how the surgeons are at the veterans clinic.  Stay positive.  Take your meds on schedule.  I would recommend doing both at once.  The rehab is double but the down time is singular. The pain from the surgery was nothing compared to the pain I had 24/7 for 10+ years before before that.  It's like anything else.  All you have to do is work the problem and you'll be fine.  Sorry mods if I went off topic here.

I know what you mean about the pain, and you’re right about the knees buckling. I have such a bad attitude at times, because of the pain. I have both insurance, VA and personal. I’m going to try my personal insurance to get this done. I’m might be able to change my attitude for the better. Thanks for the info. My knees feel better already. I receive Rooster shots, twice a year. 4” needles. I Fucking hate it.. 

• Like 2

The shots didn't work real well for me .  Maybe a day or two.  Find the best surgeon you can.  That's most important.  Second is a positive attitude.  Third is rehab.  Fourth is stay away from the damn sharks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ipiratemedia said:

OMG you're a cowgirls , er boys fan! I don't think we can be friends anymore, Kidding! It is a shame though, the cowboys we're really horrible this year

• Like 1