Another US School Shooting

rammer

There are 17 dead, not there is 12 dead.  They weren't killed by baseball bats or swords.  Who the hell blamed guns or Trump Harley?  This doesn't happen in any other country.  So why do we allow this to happen here?

Edited by rammer

4 hours ago, itsme said:

The question becomes how do we stop these?  And what are we willing to give up to do so?

I just got home from dinner and drinks to honor my son's birthday.  I firmly agree that something needs to be done to stop "these" but I'm not willing to give up my right to bare arms.  All the law makers will be saying that the guns need to be taken away......been there seen that!  Guns are not the problem, the problem is much more than that and if you have half a brain, then you will understand this comment.  There are hundreds of things that contribute to someone going off the deep end and committing such a heinous act.  It's sad, very very sad and my heart goes out to all that was affected!!  Without out going to deep tonight, I just want to give my sincere condolences to all the family and friends that lost a love one in the school shooting in Florida.

Something needs to change and that we can agree on!  I don't know what needs to happen because I don't have all the answers.  I have most of the answers but not all.  This is something that I'm sure we will be discussing for quite some time.  I'm asking everybody to put their thinking caps on and lets come up with something feasible that we can take to a higher level than this forum.

Thank you all and I'm sorry to rammer and whomever else I might have made angry with my last post!!

• Like 2

Very well said Harley.  Thanks for your comments.  No one should have to give up their guns.  I agree.  I'm sure everyone would also agree these shootings will continue if nothing is changed   Our children deserve better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rammer said:

Very well said Harley.  Thanks for your comments.  No one should have to give up their guns.  I agree.  I'm sure everyone would also agree these shootings will continue if nothing is changed   Our children deserve better.

Wrong...speaking from the outside of Murica...the rest of the world never had easy access to guns in the first place (Australia being the past exception) and therefor, when someone goes "off the deep end"  their ability to get a gun, or type of gun that allows them to do this kind of thing is the barrier.  Murica has a massive proliferation of guns...it is too late to put the genie back into the bottle.  But please don't leave the access to guns issue out of the argument in the name of freedom.  The kid uses a military assault rifle ...an AR15...how/why in the fuck did he have access to it.  To say nothing of the magazines as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

Wrong...speaking from the outside of Murica...the rest of the world never had easy access to guns in the first place (Australia being the past exception) and therefor, when someone goes "off the deep end"  their ability to get a gun, or type of gun that allows them to do this kind of thing is the barrier.  Murica has a massive proliferation of guns...it is too late to put the genie back into the bottle.  But please don't leave the access to guns issue out of the argument in the name of freedom.  The kid uses a military assault rifle ...an AR15...how/why in the fuck did he have access to it.  To say nothing of the magazines as well.

Wtf do you say murica? Is that supposed to be some insulting term for America? And what great wonderful country are you from?

We should first agree that more gun laws won't stop these massacres. That asshole Lanza in Sandy Hook killed his Mom, stole her guns, took them out on the street without a carry permit, took them on school property, broke in to the school, and massacred all those kids and teachers. There's six laws right there broken, and they didn;'t stop this Piece of shit. Laws are not made to stop crime, they're made to punish those who commit crimes we as a people have deemed to be unacceptable as a society. I've been watching tv on and off tonight, and it's the same old shit  from our useless Congress,  "we need to do something", but nobody has any original ideas what to do. If someone has one, please post it on here, I'd love to hear anything that would stop even one of these mass killings. I keep hearing that the United States has more gun deaths than any other countries. The reality is, we have I keep reading 300 million firearms in circulation in this country. That's the reason we have more deaths by firearms than any other country. I'll only give my ideas here of what can be done to protect kids and teachers in schools, and that is to have someone armed  in every school. I can hear the OMG'S right now , " yeah right, we need more guns to solve the problem"!  No, we need guns in the hands of highly capable men and women who are ex military, retired law enforcement, and anyone who can pass a highly stringent safety course, and a practice range accuracy test to get the job. Of course the arguments against this plan would be, "suppose he leaves his pistol in his desk and some kid finds it"?  Or, "what if he drops it, and it goes off and kills someone"? Or this one, " well now you're gonna have crossfire and some kid might be killed by the very people that are protecting them. Any gun owner knows how ridiculous and uninformed  these arguments are. I own 2 pistols and there is zero chance of anyone accidentaly being shot by me because I've been handling firearms starting with my Dad, when i was a teen, and he taight me how to safely handle with safety always the first priority, and fire them. and I go to a gun shop with a range near me once or twice a week . I'm not going to hope I don't get attacked by some asshole, and then wait for someone to come and save me. And we shouldn't put our kids and teachers in that situation, have an attack, and have terrified kids hiding under desks with lives ruined and families devastated. Having a responsible person keeping the school safe from these maniacs, is the only thing that can be done quickly and keep the massacres from happening way way down. The best thing a crazed freak likes to see is a sign that says, " gun free zone". Thats an invitation to these freaks.There actually could be a law that could help, identify people like this crazed POS and  get them help or get them off the street before they go off the deep end. I'm here crying this morning seeing the anguish these families have to go through because we didn't do enough to protect children in this country some of the families are having funerals for their teenage children, and it's heartbreaking and their lives will never be the same. We need to stop with the bullshit we need to do something other than  the whole idea being limiting law abiding citizens access to firearms. We have 300 million firearms in circulation, If someone wants to get a gun they will, and no law will stop them, Criminals don't obey laws!! We need to wake the fuck up and protect our kids!

• Like 3

On 2/14/2018 at 6:05 PM, rammer said:

There was another one today at a High School in Florida.  That's the 12th one so far in 2018 in the US.  Why can't we stop this?  This needs to end because  we're better than that.  Our children need and deserve to be safe at school.

You don't have a clue why schools are being attack ?? maybe cause schools are a gun free zone !!

• Like 2

On 2/14/2018 at 8:00 PM, rammer said:

We might be  students, teachers or school administrators or maybe  parents or grandparents of students, teachers and school administrators.   At least one female teacher was killed as explained on TV by one of her students who traumatically witnessed it. My youngest daughter is a teacher. We need leadership to stop this.  Where is it?  The number of school killings  doesn't include 59 killed in Las Vegas  with over 500 injured or any of the other non school shootings that happened this year. We're only 7 months into this year.  Sorry for my rant but if we can't take care of our people, who are we as a country?  Time for our leaders to stop the political bullshit and figure out a way to stop this.

Have you added how many people have been killed by terrorist using cars & trucks

• Like 3