Another US School Shooting

rammer

4 minutes ago, SPYING 1 said:

You don't have a clue why schools are being attack ?? maybe cause schools are a gun free zone !!

That's the first place these psychopaths will go, somewhere no one will be able to reasonably stop them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ashleyxyz said:

We should first agree that more gun laws won't stop these massacres. That asshole Lanza in Sandy Hook killed his Mom, stole her guns, took them out on the street without a carry permit, took them on school property, broke in to the school, and massacred all those kids and teachers. There's six laws right there broken, and they didn;'t stop this Piece of shit. Laws are not made to stop crime, they're made to punish those who commit crimes we as a people have deemed to be unacceptable as a society. I've been watching tv on and off tonight, and it's the same old shit  from our useless Congress,  "we need to do something", but nobody has any original ideas what to do. If someone has one, please post it on here, I'd love to hear anything that would stop even one of these mass killings. I keep hearing that the United States has more gun deaths than any other countries. The reality is, we have I keep reading 300 million firearms in circulation in this country. That's the reason we have more deaths by firearms than any other country. I'll only give my ideas here of what can be done to protect kids and teachers in schools, and that is to have someone armed  in every school. I can hear the OMG'S right now , " yeah right, we need more guns to solve the problem"!  No, we need guns in the hands of highly capable men and women who are ex military, retired law enforcement, and anyone who can pass a highly stringent safety course, and a practice range accuracy test to get the job. Of course the arguments against this plan would be, "suppose he leaves his pistol in his desk and some kid finds it"?  Or, "what if he drops it, and it goes off and kills someone"? Or this one, " well now you're gonna have crossfire and some kid might be killed by the very people that are protecting them. Any gun owner knows how ridiculous and uninformed  these arguments are. I own 2 pistols and there is zero chance of anyone accidentaly being shot by me because I've been handling firearms starting with my Dad, when i was a teen, and he taight me how to safely handle with safety always the first priority, and fire them. and I go to a gun shop with a range near me once or twice a week . I'm not going to hope I don't get attacked by some asshole, and then wait for someone to come and save me. And we shouldn't put our kids and teachers in that situation, have an attack, and have terrified kids hiding under desks with lives ruined and families devastated. Having a responsible person keeping the school safe from these maniacs, is the only thing that can be done quickly and keep the massacres from happening way way down. The best thing a crazed freak likes to see is a sign that says, " gun free zone". Thats an invitation to these freaks.There actually could be a law that could help, identify people like this crazed POS and  get them help or get them off the street before they go off the deep end. I'm here crying this morning seeing the anguish these families have to go through because we didn't do enough to protect children in this country some of the families are having funerals for their teenage children, and it's heartbreaking and their lives will never be the same. We need to stop with the bullshit we need to do something other than  the whole idea being limiting law abiding citizens access to firearms. We have 300 million firearms in circulation, If someone wants to get a gun they will, and no law will stop them, Criminals don't obey laws!! We need to wake the fuck up and protect our kids!

ASH, I agree with your statements

• Like 3

People who are hell bent on killing people will find a way to kill people. No law can stop them from killing people. Likewise, you can't just lock people up because you think they may be dangerous. You need the minority report for that. Perhaps as a society we should value goodness over success and fame. People can blame guns all they want, but the gun is just a tool like any other. To blame a tool to explain the reason for the actual problem is absurd and a copout. 

• Like 4

Ashley is on the right track with her comments, no doubt about it.  I was thinking on those same lines.  Where I live there are police officers always looking for extra work.  Many work in back lobbies or sporting events and even stand watch for businesses that may have had a problem with some patron.  Some run funeral processions and work during special events such as the Rodeo of county fairs.  My point is, obviously there isn't enough to go around to put one or two in every school there is in the USA, but if you did throw in ex military and other people that are highly qualified with sound mind and body, I believe it is something that could happen.  Ashleys points were spot on and it's a task with a huge undertaking no doubt, but it can be done and something needs to be done quick.  The last thing a parent should worry about is their children being safe at school!!  I also believe there should be some sort of early detection system, I'm not exactly sure how they could manage that but it is possible.  None of us will have all the answers to these issues but we have to start somewhere!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

People who are hell bent on killing people will find a way to kill people. No law can stop them from killing people. Likewise, you can't just lock people up because you think they may be dangerous. You need the minority report for that. Perhaps as a society we should value goodness over success and fame. People can blame guns all they want, but the gun is just a tool like any other. To blame a tool to explain the reason for the actual problem is absurd and a copout. 

Unfortunately we lost those values a long time ago but nothing says we can't get them back!!  I think a lot of the problems with our youth today is because there is just simply not enough family time and communication with them.  It starts at home and due to success or wanting to be successful, I believe the kids catch the bad end of it.  My grandkids just turned two years old this February and my son-n-law said that no matter how hard he has to work or how much overtime may be needed, there is no way his wife is ever going to work. She is going to raise them through the development process and until they are out the door on their own and that's the way it should be.  Now days you see it time and time again where both parents are working leaving their children with the care of someone else or on their own because they believe they are old enough.  Good point Amy!!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

A gun maybe only a tool but when they are so freely available you are asking for trouble especially in the wrong hands. And why oh why are automatic assault rifles and the like available for god's sake people aren't going to war are they?. From an outsider's point of view it is just a mad policy destined for disaster as so many American parents have found out. Obviously an Americans point of view is bound to be biased but until people come to their senses tragedies of this kind will  unfortunately continue to happen and many lives lost which could be avoided or at least drastically reduced.

1 hour ago, SPYING 1 said:

You don't have a clue why schools are being attack ?? maybe cause schools are a gun free zone !!

I didn't know that Spying but if so, why were there 18 school shootings so far this year?  Is it a lack of compliance, negligence, flawed processes, or maybe there's just nothing we can do because killers will kill and we can't stop them?  Do we really need bump stocks and AR-15s?  No one will take anyone's guns away.  There are hunters on both side of the aisle and it will never happen.  In Florida you need to be 21 to buy a firearm and only 18 for an AR-15. The shooter was 19 with a legally bought AR-15.  The FBI tip line had a strong detailed tip back in January concerning the bizarre behavior and social media postings of this individual where he said he wanted to be a professional school shooter.  Somehow it fell through the cracks and was never tied to the shooter.  There are many ways to get better.  Just my thoughts.

1 hour ago, Amy3 said:

Perfectly said Amy

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rammer said:

I didn't know that Spying but if so, why were there 18 school shootings so far this year?  Is it a lack of compliance, negligence, flawed processes, or maybe there's just nothing we can do because killers will kill and we can't stop them?  Do we really need bump stocks and AR-15s?  No one will take anyone's guns away.  There are hunters on both side of the aisle and it will never happen.  In Florida you need to be 21 to buy a firearm and only 18 for an AR-15. The shooter was 19 with a legally bought AR-15.  The FBI tip line had a strong detailed tip back in January concerning the bizarre behavior and social media postings of this individual where he said he wanted to be a professional school shooter.  Somehow it fell through the cracks and was never tied to the shooter.  There are many ways to get better.  Just my thoughts.

The problem isn't the gun, "Cain killed Able with a donkey's jaw" The problem has been around for a million years it's called mankind !!  read this link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing

look how many people were killed & injured !! are we going to ban fertilizer ??? Look how much damage fertilizer can do, but you can still buy it !! banning everything that can kill isn't the answer