Another US School Shooting

rammer

3 minutes ago, rammer said:

So how would you fix the problem Spying?   Just curious.

I would start with all 50 states having a death penalty, if you kill because you have mental issues, once you're put to death, you won't be a repeat offender:biggrin: also hard labor prison for car jackers, home invaders, and hard core felonies.

10 minutes ago, rammer said:

Thanks Spying.

Rammer i mite be a little bias, cause i was brought up the old-fashion way, my parents wouldn't spare the rod if i messed up, i got my whipping if i broke the rules or laws !! But it made me a decent law abiding man. Today you can't yell or spank your kids when they disobey, disrespect, or hurt other people. You'll either be arrested or your kids will be put in a foster home. So we will reap what we sow

• Like 1

You're a good guy Spying who deserves to express your opinion and you've done that.  Sorry  to hear about your upbringing.   We all disagree on shit but that doesn't make us bad people.  Bringing forward the next generation is what I think is our duty.  We all need to get better at that.

3 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

2 hours ago, Robwin said:

A gun maybe only a tool but when they are so freely available you are asking for trouble especially in the wrong hands. And why oh why are automatic assault rifles and the like available for god's sake people aren't going to war are they?. From an outsider's point of view it is just a mad policy destined for disaster as so many American parents have found out. Obviously an Americans point of view is bound to be biased but until people come to their senses tragedies of this kind will  unfortunately continue to happen and many lives lost which could be avoided or at least drastically reduced.

Hi robwin, reality is we have 300 million guns in circulation in the U.S.and 16,000 deaths by firearms last year, mostly with handguns, , and 60% of those we're suicides.Obviously 16,000 is a huge number, and a tragic statistic, but 16,000 deaths with 300 million guns tells me guns are not the problem, but the people that use them for criminal purpose or because of mental illness is the problem. If we banned the sale of every firearm in this country today, we still have all those guns out there. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

I just got home from dinner and drinks to honor my son's birthday.  I firmly agree that something needs to be done to stop "these" but I'm not willing to give up my right to bare arms.  All the law makers will be saying that the guns need to be taken away......been there seen that!  Guns are not the problem, the problem is much more than that and if you have half a brain, then you will understand this comment.  There are hundreds of things that contribute to someone going off the deep end and committing such a heinous act.  It's sad, very very sad and my heart goes out to all that was affected!!  Without out going to deep tonight, I just want to give my sincere condolences to all the family and friends that lost a love one in the school shooting in Florida.

Something needs to change and that we can agree on!  I don't know what needs to happen because I don't have all the answers.  I have most of the answers but not all.  This is something that I'm sure we will be discussing for quite some time.  I'm asking everybody to put their thinking caps on and lets come up with something feasible that we can take to a higher level than this forum.

Thank you all and I'm sorry to rammer and whomever else I might have made angry with my last post!!

i shared my thoughts.  Will you share yours?   

After all that has been said the USA has basically two factions, the gun lobby and the anti gun lobby and there is one word neither side wants to hear or entertain and that word is COMPROMISE. Until either side learn that there will be no solution I am afraid. As someone said earlier the genie has been let out of the bottle and what will be will be.

• Like 1

It matters how you use the tool like Amy SAID. But I'm still terrified. I don't want to know in world I'm living in. I just want to enjoy my life and love. Like all the couples here should do and everywhere. Love and care, fun and share, stop the worries and never try to take away rights from someone. Like the right to live. Or live how you want...

We are all controlled already by our own bad kind of mind. let's take a moment to relax and pray for us. The whole world.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

It doesn't matter what gets said. We all know Government Officials will blow this off.  Then they wait for the next Lunatic to make their Claim to Fame and do it all over again.                     

So that's the problem and not the solution?