Violet & Jeff Part #2

14 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

If i'm not wrong, according to VH/James nop, the free cams doesn't count even if watched by subscribers

I believe that ones you are in the apartment (as subscriber), the program counts all your clicks. If you are not a subscriber, meaning you are out of the apt, your clicks on the free cams do not count.

42 minutes ago, mic351 said:

Be that as it may, I still think Jeff and Violet deserve a better place to live!:heart:

It would come out of thier pocket though. We complain about the apts a lot, but the truth of it is that any place can be great if the cams are set up right and the lighting is done right. The problem is that VH has no standards when it comes to the set up and the managers always pick the cheapest, least time consuming way to set it up. They need a dedicated team to set up the apts. The first premise should be no black boxes. The second, no cam can see any other cam. The third, lighting is important make it work! I talk about all of this im my school.

8 minutes ago, pahman said:

I believe that ones you are in the apartment (as subscriber), the program counts all your clicks. If you are not a subscriber, meaning you are out of the apt, your clicks on the free cams do not count.

I also believed that in past and it had some logic to me, but (and once again not totally sure because didn't remember in witch post it was) James said it doesn't count.  (will try to find the post)

Edit: @pahman

53 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Yes, the tenants pay the rent. If they don't make enough to pay the rent the manager is on the hook to eat the loss and decide what to do next. This is suppoed to be the way it works and tenants are supposed to drop off by attrition. Thing is that a lot of times these people know each other and they have compassion for their underlings and so it's not the usual case that tenants get axed right away because they miss a rent payment in a month. There's a lot of ebb and flow and understanding. VH cleans their hands of the whole thing by forcing the manager to be the bad guy when the day comes. The real interesing ones to keep an eye on in this regard are the apts where VH is the manager. For example, Maria and Ary/George!

I thought they were their own managers?

3 minutes ago, pahman said:

I thought they were their own managers?

They are thier own managers, but if the time came to give them the boot for whatever reason, it would have to be VHTV to make that decision, not another manager.

10 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

It would come out of thier pocket though. We complain about the apts a lot, but the truth of it is that any place can be great if the cams are set up right and the lighting is done right. The problem is that VH has no standards when it comes to the set up and the managers always pick the cheapest, least time consuming way to set it up. They need a dedicated team to set up the apts. The first premise should be no black boxes. The second, no cam can see any other cam. The third, lighting is important make it work! I talk about all of this im my school.

I mentioned this in a post a while back.  VH then asked me to give them some suggestions on setting up cams.  I made a few suggestions relative to an apartment and said suggestions were promptly ignored.  I also suggested they have a "placement tech" who would view the layout of an apartment before it went on line and then place the cams for optimum viewing.  That suggestion was ignored also..  I am beginning to believe it is all about quantity and not quality..

2 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

They are thier own managers, but if the time came to give them the boot for whatever reason, it would have to be VHTV to make that decision, not another manager.

If they were covering the cost of the apartment and the cameras VH would have no outlay so as far as they are concerned it would just be another place to offer and somebody would look at it occasionally. Just look at Catherine and John!!

2 minutes ago, mic351 said:

I mentioned this in a post a while back.  VH then asked me to give them some suggestions on setting up cams.  I made a few suggestions relative to an apartment and said suggestions were promptly ignored.  I also suggested they have a "placement tech" who would view the layout of an apartment before it went on line and then place the cams for optimum viewing.  That suggestion was ignored also..  I am beginning to believe it is all about quantity and not quality..

Yes and they don't need to care. They leave it up to the manager. The rationale is two-fold. One, why pay for staff to do that job and two, they think having different managers doing the job gives the site a more "real" feel. That is, not a cookie cutter, everything looks the same feel. VHTV is fine with the setup as long as the cams work.

6 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

No, they don't. James himself confirmed that the free cams pay nothing ever no matter who views them. The rationale is this. Since a non-member isn't paying for the cam, why should the subcriber. I think it's stupid too, but that's the way it is. A free cam pays $0.00 all the time.

Sorry @jabbath1987 and @golfer06, I have tried to redirect these kinds of discussions to another topic, but they pop up and no one wants to go somewhere else. I don't know what I can do? I guess just not talk about them, but people do have an interest. 

As a subscriber, when you enter the apt, you are in a protected area. Free cams do not exist anymore. So it doesn't matter. 

7 minutes ago, pahman said:

As a subscriber, when you enter the apt, you are in a protected area. Free cams do not exist anymore. So it doesn't matter. 

To you it doesn't matter, but to the tenant it matters a lot. I happen to care about the tenants and them getting as much of the money as they can.

• Like 1