Lola & Otto Part #1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Lol that was a joke they did. Just laugh about it and dont use political correctness to kill the fun. Most people just will laugh about it. Laughing about yourself sometimes helps too :biggrin:

A joke huh, really Jabbath! Sorry, but I don't see the comedy in them telling people that seeing cross dressers or trans people is so disturbing that they need psychiatric help. You do realize that this is a very sensitive thing to joke about around people like us. There is a long history of society putting this shame on us and then you're going to tell me to laugh about it. No! 

11 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

A joke huh, really Jabbath! Sorry, but I don't see the comedy in them telling people that seeing cross dressers or trans people is so disturbing that they need psychiatric help. You do realize that this is a very sensitive thing to joke about around people like us. There is a long history of society putting this shame on us and then you're going to tell me to laugh about it. No! 

Thanks for pointing out something that nobody else even gave a second thought about.  It's an over the top JOKE that nobody would in their right mind project onto you, but your self involved obsession fueled by political correctness means that YOU want the shame to continue in order to provide a fallback as to why the world owes you something and everyone should tread lightly when in your presence.

Acceptance is here...let's not turn it into resentment :dodgy:

• Like 3

Just now, maxfactor said:

Thanks for pointing out something that nobody else even gave a second thought about.  It's an over the top JOKE that nobody would in their right mind project onto you, but your self involved obsession fueled by political correctness means that YOU want the shame to continue in order to provide a fallback as to why the world owes you something and everyone should tread lightly when in your presence.

Acceptance is here...let's not turn it into resentment :dodgy:

When you come out as a trans person, come back and talk to me about how I should feel about the most hurtful "joke" one can say to the trans community. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

When you come out as a trans person, come back and talk to me about how I should feel about the most hurtful "joke" one can say to the trans community. 

I have two immediate family members who have suffered from severe mental health issues for most of their adult lives.  They spent a great deal of their lives in institutions and hospitals...etc.

IF I GOT OFFENDED EVERY TIME SOMEONE TALKED OR JOKED ABOUT "CRAZY" PEOPLE...well then I guess I'd be you.  But society does not give me permission to be offended on the scale that you are given due to activism.

...and it's turning into resentment

• Like 4