Amy's School of Voyeurism

8 hours ago, groomy said:

Before, there was inertia. After a good party - a few days was noticeably more statistics.

Not now. Today you have a party - good statistics. Tomorrow you have nothing - the statistics are very bad. The day after tomorrow the usual sex - statistics are very bad. And again, the orgy is good statistics. That is, you do something interesting = you get money. You rest - the subscribers are watching someone else, not you. No inertia.

Thanks Groomy. It's clear and simple.

• Like 1

The whole topic of counting views seems very different to what i imagined, I thought it was if you liked a place then just simply sitting watching it through 1 camera would be enough to send the money to that tennant. So if I may if someone is able to clear a few things up for me it would be very much appreciated.

Is views counted by the time spent viewing through a cam or by clicking to view that cam? if it's the later then sitting clicking that one cam all day would potentially send a participants views through the roof.

What if I opened multiple windows of different cams of the same apartment do these extra windows get counted?

3 hours ago, Amy3 said:

It is a very, very ,very bad idea to have Cam 5 be the free cam. That is the BEST view of the couch. If they have sex there, which they will, all of the subscribers are going to watch from that cam and guess what, NO MONEY!! 

The free cam should always be the worst possible view so that if action happens, the likelihood of the subcriber viewing from the free cam is minimized.

The free cam should be the the one on top not the one on the bottom. They will lose a lot of money with this set up. 

3 hours ago, Amy3 said:

Yes, they will. Not to mention all the money they will leave on the floor from the subs watching from Cam 5. Shaking my head on that decision!

2 hours ago, Amy3 said:

If you are a subscriber don't watch through Cam1 in the kitchen or Cam5 in the livingroom. They don't make any money if you watch the free cams. 

2 hours ago, Amy3 said:

I see, there's not enough people on cc for it to matter enough to even say. Well then, I sent a PM to Jeka to change the free cam and explained why. 

I'd rather they get paid more even if it means a worse view for me.

2 hours ago, Amy3 said:

@groomy

Can you explain this to me? Why would an apt even have free cams? Why should they care? Do they really attract new subs that really translate into more views ($)? Seems like the free cams leave a lot of money blowing out of the window.

Groomy can you answer in the Amy School thread instead of here? Thx ❤️

Aw, come on, Amy, give us some consideration, please. I remember reading
somewhere, probably in M&H back when they canceled the LR freecam,
something you said about pulling for the little guy, the one who can't afford
a sub, like me.

First, you want to switch the free LR cam at V&J's, then you want to know,
why even have freecams, at all. I can understand you trying to get the most
income for your favorite couple, but leave us something decent to watch.

Have a care, please. :heart:

59 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Lets!! I am so glad that you wrote this because I thought of the very same thing. I was thinking to myself, aren't a hypocrite, I mean when this whole thing started it was because MH took away the free cam in the living room. I boycotted them and declared this evil that had been cast upon the cc community. I demanded that VH take control over the cams and to fairly place a free cam in the main living space of every apt. I went to battle over this issue almost to my last breath. So, why would I suggest that I would take away all of the cams if I were a tenant? 

Here's the reasons. 

1. The free cams do a disservice to the tenants. They don't pay and they force the tenant to be exposed to the public at large for almost nothing in return. This idea that a non member will watch the free cam and then join to get a better view is a fleeting idea. Once they join the sub will watch all of the apts not just that one. No, the free cam serve the greater good of VH first and the the tenant second, that's why VH should be in control of which cam is the free cam, not the tenant. Because a free cam always pays 0, if I were a tenant I would not want to have any free cams and I would be fine with other tenants carrying my load. Let the others attract the new subscribers and I'll reap the reward where I'd get paid 100% of the time someone watched my apt.

2. So, if the cams are required to be present in every apt, which they should, the next decision has to be where to place them. This should be the standard in every apt. There should be at least 1 free cam in the main living space in each apt and there should never be a room where there are only free cams. Having said that, the free cam view should always be the least desirable view. The tenants should always place themselves in the best light of the pay cams so that if a subscriber watches they will always choose the pay cam not the no paying free cam. 

The free cams have 3 interests in play, VH, the tenant, and the non member. I can make an argument from each players point of view. That's why I sound confused. Ultimately, there should be a free cam in the main living area and it should always be the worst possible view. Problem solved! Everyone is happy. VH gets their ads to gain new members, the tenants are not fully exposed to the free cam in the best light and they won't lose money like VJ are because the cam is not likely to be viewed Hy a sub, and the non members can rightly see enough to follow along and be a participant in the forums once again. We lost a lot of people over this issue.

Interestingly enough ever since VH has seen the wisdom of my comments and they have very silently reopend free cams in several apts and the new ones opening also tend to have a free cam in the main living area. The one apt holding out is MH. Notice also that the curtain in Clara and Carrie's place has been removed. In my opinion I won this battle even if VH didn't honor me with the credit. 

The free cams do a disservice to the tenants.

I agree, but not in the same way you mean. I'll explain in a minute.

VH should be in control of which cam is the free cam, not the tenant.

100% agree. Tenants should never be able to dictate where cams go,
which are free, etc., etc.

a free cam always pays 0

This is absolutely wrong. Not wrong in that it's not true, but wrong in
that it should not be true. The reason being, this is where most new
subs come from. They can be just as much a money earner as the
paid cams. When a potential member first goes to the site, all they
can see is the free cams. That's all they have to make a decision.
Hence, free cams should pay the tenant just like paid cams.

Let the others attract the new subscribers and I'll reap the reward where I'd get paid 100% of the time someone watched my apt.

Doesn't that seem a tad bit selfish? Don't you think as soon as the
other tenants saw what you were doing, they'd want to do the same
thing? Oops, there go all the free cams and VH has nothing to attract
new members. (I know you cover this in point two...just saying.)

I could say more, but the bottom line (pun intended), IMHO, is this.
Most, if not all the problems you and others bring up could be solved
by doing one simple thing: Pay the tenants for all the cams, not just
the paid cams.

On 4/22/2018 at 12:50 AM, Amy3 said:

The reason VH won't pay the tenants for the free cams is simple. They would lose a lot of money to the tenants. 

If there is one post that I wrote that is the best one it's this one. Read it first. 

You see VH has a vested interest in you subscribing and not watching anything in a sense. That's how they make the most money possible. Of course, they have to get more subs all the time and so they must advertise and grow. If they paid for free views then VH would lose their cut of the subscribers money, but also have to pay a surplus from the non members who pay nothing. The compromise seems to be that VH should really pay the tenants the views from the free cams when viewed by a subscriber. They don't because they say the view is free, which it is, but the problem is that the when a subscriber watches unbeknownst to them, the tenant gets nothing and VH earns 100% of the subs money. That's not a fair way to look at it in my opinion. VH should really compromise on this and pay for all subscriber views even the free cam views. Also, they should work with the tenants and pick the best free cam that gives enough exposure for advertising, but doesn't fully expose them to the public at large. Seems like a fair business practice to me. 

Think of like this. What ever the subcriber pays a month that's the sum total of their worth to VHTV. Divide that amount by 30 and that's your daily maximum daily worth. Take half of that away off the top cause that's VH's cut. Then from the other half, subtract the managers cut. What's left is the tenants cut. But, here's the thing, if a subsciber only watched the "free" cams, the tenant would make $0.00, but VHTV would still make 100% of thier cut, plus, 100% of the other half that won't get paid out to the manager or the tenant because it wasn't used to view the cams. So, the only amount of your worth is to the tenant is the duration of time that you watch them. If you don't watch anything at all that day, VH takes 100% of your daily worth. You see? It's the job of the tenant to get you to watch for as long as possible so that they can get to the cut that's available for them to earn. If I were a tenant, I would make all of my cams pay cams. No question about it. Or, at the very least put the free cam in such a crappy position that only non-members would ever watch it. 

Amy, I had no idea that you even saw my previous post, let alone responded
to it. Next time, please quote me or at least include my username in your reply.
I have to rely on notifications to know when someone has replied to something
I posted and I get those types of notifications, quoting or using my username,
even if I'm not following the person who used them.

I understood all of the above the first time I read it (in a different post).

"VH should really compromise on this and pay for all subscriber views even the free cam views."

I agree. That's what I meant when I said tenants should get paid for all cams.
But, VH shouldn't pay for non-member views on free cams, because VH doesn't
get paid for them, either.

"If I were a tenant, I would make all of my cams pay cams. No question about it. Or, at the very least put the free cam in such a crappy position that only non-members would ever watch it."

I can't, however, agree with these statements. If you have only paid cams, that's
selfish and doesn't consider the extra, unfair workload put on the other apts. And,
if the free cam is in such a crappy place that members would never watch it, most
likely no one would ever watch it. Plus, it cancels out the statement above that we
both agree on. If members never watch the free cam, VH would never have to pay
for any views on the free cams.