"the occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of
adjacent or closely connected words."

11 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

Thanks. I'd like to change that to:

"Please pet the pretty pussy." 😊❤️

It makes a better alliteration, which means:

"the occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of
adjacent or closely connected words."

If I could speak English so advanced, I would become a professor of grammar at Oxford. 🙂
While it is good enough to write novels in my own language, but my english is terrible. But I use "google translate" better than Mira. 🙂
in summary "is not a problem for me".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alt0na_O7 said:

If I could speak English so advanced, I would become a professor of grammar at Oxford. 🙂
While it is good enough to write novels in my own language, but my english is terrible. But I use "google translate" better than Mira. 🙂
in summary "is not a problem for me".

You're not alone Altona. I have tried numerous and even paid translators for translations. It was OK. I decided to take lesson in Russian. First thing out of my mouth, the alphabets..lol - Like you, it looks great on paper on our end, until someone says, WTF.. With Russian, IMO, Punctuation marks is everything. I put Punctuation's in different phrases and guess what, it worked. Anytime I translate a language,  I copy and paste, to see how it's phrased. I add Punctuation's, or change a word, it make sense.. Of course I give credit to my Russian teacher.  19.gif.1f6f93297e43bdec136618ea70f004e9.gif

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ipiratemedia said:

You're not alone Altona. I have tried numerous and even paid translators for translations. It was OK. I decided to take lesson on Russian. First thing out of my mouth, the alphabets..lol - Like you, it looks great on paper on our end, until someone says, WTF.. With Russian, IMO, Punctuation mark is everything. I put Punctuation's in different phrases and guess what, it worked. Anytime I translate a language,  I copy and paste, to see how it's phrased. I add a Punctuation's, or change a word, it make sense.. Of course I give credit to my Russian teacher.  19.gif.1f6f93297e43bdec136618ea70f004e9.gif

yes, we do almost the same things. Google Translate translates simple and regular sentences almost seamlessly, as opposed to casual conversation.
I like to write on the forum. Because the content is both pleasurable and makes me improve my English.

• Like 3

I do not wish to drive this subject "into the ground" -- but in English, there is a vast difference between a "translator" and an "interpreter." As long as CC members remember that a translator can convey extremely wrong information and not the intended meaning, they should be tolerant when reading computer "translated" words. I wish we had more members who could interpret various languages, but they are deluged with constant requests and therefore they hide.  C'est la vie.

We shall "muddle" through. I am certain my writing gets mangled by Google and Bing translators. But you are doing very well AltOna_07, and we English speakers appreciate your contributions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

I do not wish to drive this subject "into the ground" -- but in English, there is a vast difference between a "translator" and an "interpreter." As long as CC members remember that a translator can convey extremely wrong information and not the intended meaning, they should be tolerant when reading computer "translated" words. I wish we had more members who could interpret various languages, but they are deluged with constant requests and therefore they hide.  C'est la vie.

We shall "muddle" through. I am certain my writing gets mangled by Google and Bing translators. But you are doing very well AltOna_07, and we English speakers appreciate your contributions.

Thank you. I think the only common language in the world is "love" and that is in this house.

• Like 2