European General Politics #1

So last night was probably uniquely British.

It is no good people being surprised that a parliament designed to be confrontational is confrontational. One thing I do not understand and this goes on both sides that when a question is asked the PM or the Leader of the Opposition can simply fail to the answer. It should be up to The Speaker but I guess that is not parliamenentary procedure for some reason. How then can there be scrutiny. FOUR times last night Boris was asked the same question. Each time it was asked with another question which enabled him to answer another part and give the same answer as Gove had earlier when being asked when the subtitle (or title) of Yellowhammer had been changed and who authorised it which was that the facts were base but the scenario was not, but that was not the question. It is a weakness not just of the UK's democracy but I am certain of other ones as well. In the US you can plead the 5th which is at least understandable.

If you give a speech that will have an impact you MUST use emotive language. But now parliament is televised then you can expect politicians to be addressing people outside the house which really they should not be doing because a debate is taking place (well not last night) and the only people who can vote are already supposed to be listening to it - MPs are the only constituents here.

On another note it is depressing to see the same group of probably less than 50 of the 650 (-Sinn Fein and The Speaker) MPs - far too many as everyone knows - speaking durin these debates. Those who put questions to Gove and the Attorney General were very much the same as those asking Johnson once the 4 (or 5) main party leaders had had their turn. Also, and I might be wrong about this, but the Tory Rebels seem to be sitting on the Government side whereas the DUP are sitting opposite the PM which seems bizarre. The Speaker goes from side to side so this ends up with 3 pro-PM and then 3 anti-PM questions.

On 6/10/2019 at 5:09 PM, BBsq69 said:

Cameron will always be hated for calling the Brexit vote

When they called for the vote they should have had all their ducks lined up in proper order before going to the General Public for the voting decision. This arguing about it in Parliament for a few years is simply going no where.The decision shouldn't be hard. 

Is it Deal or No Deal.   D-or-ND29e2fafc4951598a.gif

• 1 month later...

Muslim refugees to the British people “we do not accept British laws, you adopt our Sharia Laws”

They come as refugees and then want to live under Sharia law.
According to sharia laws:
– There is no freedom of religion or freedom of speech.
– There is no equality between people (the non-Muslim is not equal to the Muslim).
– There are no equal rights for men and women.
– There is no democracy or a separation between religion and state politics.
Sharia is incompatible with Western values.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

1 hour ago, Ridgerunner said:

Why do we hear no complaints from the EU about what China is doing in Hong Kong?:angry:

You ain't reading the right newspapers obviously. Its all over the UK press.

• Like 1

I'm not saying anything about the ghost of the Third ComIntern, which was designed to be about international revolution and general chaos, but what I will say is that our mainstream media has decided that the individual liberties of people in Hong Kong Don't Matter.

The general idea of our media is that if it's not going to get clicks anymore, it isn't news anymore. This is judged by social media clicks now days, of course, and not by anything other but political agendas and such social clicks. Most of which are carefully engineered.

The purpose of the news media is now to utterly distort your vision of reality.

• Like 1

I always knew that Americans were evil. Especially those who are named "Dwayne." Here's a fun story that Europeans will like to read:

By Nate Gartrell | [email protected] | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: June 1, 2020 at 9:46 p.m. | UPDATED: June 3, 2020 at 11:11 a.m.

RICHMOND — A city resident was arrested Monday afternoon on suspicion of murdering and cannibalizing his own grandmother, in an incident that horrified investigators.

The suspect, identified as Dwayne Wallick, 37, was arrested a little after 2 p.m. Monday after Richmond officers allegedly caught him in the act of eating his 90-year-old grandmother, Ruby Wallick. Police are unsure of a motive, and continued to investigate.

On Monday afternoon, authorities responded to a 911 call reporting a man standing over a bloody woman’s body on the 1200 block of Club Court in Richmond, a quiet residential area near the Hilltop Plaza. When they entered the home, they allegedly found Dwayne Wallick standing over his grandmother and cannibalizing her.

Officers ordered Wallick to stop, but he ignored them and continued what he was doing, police said. They used a stun gun on him; after a struggle, he was handcuffed and arrested.

Wallick remains in a hospital, where he is being treated for unspecified physical injuries, police said. Investigators are looking into whether drug use played a role in the crime.

Ruby Wallick was pronounced dead Monday, but her exact cause of death has not been released. Police are expected to turn the case over to the District Attorney and ask for murder charges to be filed against Dwayne Wallick.

Both Dwayne and Ruby lived at the Club Court residence, according to police.

11 hours ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

I always knew that Americans were evil. Especially those who are named "Dwayne." Here's a fun story that Europeans will like to read:

You have a twisted view of fun sheepish grin smiley