European General Politics #1

I can deal with killer rabbits. I fart in their general direction.

Assuming that our European friends, with the exception of my friend BBsq69, aren't posting here, so it's apparent that perhaps there are no European politics worth discussing. Or maybe they are busy farting in one another's general direction.

• Upvote 1

Start posting, Euro's. The goddamn World Cup is pretty much done. Get busy. Post stuff. It's a political thread. You have it in you to argue politics. You really do. Your cousins over here love the game of incessant political bullshitting. We do it all the time. How else can we understand your thinking?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Watching a news article on the Italian PM was profoundly depressing. Another populist politician like Trump and Boris Johnson prepared to say the most outrageously offensive things for no other reason that it panders to underlying racism of people who might support them. I could not believe the description of his wedding by his ex-wife who was a southern Italian which was something like "I brought 100 of my family to the wedding; he brought 4 of his, the rest were his supporters. They started singing offensive songs about the south about being dirty, smelly animals. My relatives started booing. Imagine having your new husband booed at your wedding!" She did stay with him for about 6 years. She should have walked out there and then but love is strange. And booing - they were polite - usually there would have been one fuck of a barney.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2018 at 7:09 PM, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Start posting, Euro's. The goddamn World Cup is pretty much done. Get busy. Post stuff. It's a political thread. You have it in you to argue politics. You really do. Your cousins over here love the game of incessant political bullshitting. We do it all the time. How else can we understand your thinking?

I don't know how it is in other countries but in the UK the politicians break up fairly early for the summer. naturally the country rolls on (I think Belgium rolled on for 2 years without a government whereas in the UK we tend to panic if we haven't got one for a week!) so it still means they have to answer questions occasionally. Then there is the party conference season (September/October) before they get started again in November often with the Queen's Speech at the ritual filled State Opening of Parliament so it effectively sits for about 7 weeks in the second half of the year which to my mind is a disgrace. There isn't even going to be a Queen's Speech this year, which no doubt The Queen is pleased about because apparently Brexit is so important. That deal is supposed to be finalised in October ... crazy stuff!

We normally have elections in May because then the posh members can attend The London Season In June/July... things like Royal Ascot (Horse Racing), Wimbledon (Tennis), Lords Test Match (Cricket), Henley Regatta (Rowing), Chelsea Flower Shower and many big parties usually attended by the Royals - actually Royal Ascot as at the end of her driveway at Windsor Castle and she arrives in a coach.Seriously the Tory Party have always taken it into consideration.

On 7/17/2018 at 2:06 PM, Foamy T. Squirrel said:
I can deal with killer rabbits. I fart in their general direction.

Assuming that our European friends, with the exception of my friend BBsq69, aren't posting here, so it's apparent that perhaps there are no European politics worth discussing. Or maybe they are busy farting in one another's general direction.

Lol, wasnt your Mother a hamster, and yoir father smelt of elderberries? 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2018 at 6:58 AM, ashleyxyz said:

Lol, wasnt your Mother a hamster, and yoir father smelt of elderberries? 

There's a lot of that happening today over scallops. The French have to obey some rules which the UK does not. The UK aren't breaking any rules but the French are attacking them.

What has happened here is a NO DEAL between the UK and French and so it looks as though we're in for more fun if nothing happens in October. 

I was looking over Franco-British naval battles in the past on Wikipedia and it is 3-3 with a draw so the 2 countries just can't be separated which may come as a surprise for Brits who talk about historic naval power.

Honestly I think the whole technique of dredging is not fishing but vandalism and I can understand why the French are pissed off. It is not the first fishing war we've had with our European neighbours. When I was young we had the Cod War with Iceland.

Cod War

• 4 weeks later...

Quelle surprise! The UK's fudge is rejected totally. The idiots who have claimed the EU would cave in have been shown for the charlatans they were. Either you are in, or almost in, or out completely or almost out. Being in for the bits the UK wanted was never an option. France in particular has always wanted to punish the UK for this stupid decision and I can understand why. Why would you want to make it easy to leave a club, when the success of the club is dependent on how many want to stay. We'll help you leave isn't going to be the message. Now we face the prospect because apparently almost in is not an option the PM would contemplate means we now move to almost out or completely out. If completely out, William Posh-Twat (minister for the 19th century) and Boris Nocontrolovermy Johnson (who was a US citizen until a few years ago when they asked him to pay tax) advocate us refusing to pay the £40 billion that relate to commitments we made before we left. So say we refuse to pay then the Eu impose tariffs to get it back, we have a trade war with EU which has 7.5 times the GDP - I wonder who'd win that trade war?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't think that there is an argument to made against him. 

From anyone here for that matter, no matter what side of the aisle you claim to be on. And you keep voting them in for your lack of education on their backgrounds. These days you vote for a party, no matter who the corrupt bastard is that's there.