Critique of the new CC rule of no general chat-topics.

As Admin obviously want us to, I here create my own topic for this.

I am acually a non-active member at atleast 3 other unrelated forums, where it is like this, so I'm not totally inorant on this matter. I don't get why this will help anything at all, having 10 threads on the same/very similar topics, no one knowing where to find anything, or where to post, what the heck will that solve? Does anyone that uses CC regularily really want this change???? I rather think the opposite is the case actually! We do not want this! It will be a hell of a mess, and me who think having one thread for each apartment was messy enough if you want to keep track of several apartments, I don't intend to follow this regime.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ed2 said:

I am acually a non-active member at atleast 3 other unrelated forums, where it is like this, so I'm not totally inorant on this matter. I don't get why this will help anything at all, having 10 threads on the same/very similar topics, no one knowing where to find anything, or where to post, what the heck will that solve? Does anyone that uses CC regularily really want this change???? I rather think the opposite is the case actually! We do not want this! It will be a hell of a mess, and me who think having one thread for each apartment was messy enough if you want to keep track of several apartments, I don't intend to follow this regime.

Any Topics made that have Posts in them will always be at the Top and will be Highlighted.

From the Time Cam Caps Forum began right up until the End of 2015 there was no General Chat Topics on Cam Caps Forums. The only option for Posting was Multiple Topics.

Admin made the decision to go with the use of Multiple Topics so we'll try it for a Month or Two and see what happens.

5 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Any Topics made that have Posts in them will always be at the Top and will be Highlighted.

From the Time Cam Caps Forum began right up until the End of 2015 there was no General Chat Topics on Cam Caps Forums. The only option for Posting was Multiple Topics.

Admin made the decision to go with the use of Multiple Topics so we'll try it for a Month or Two and see what happens.

Didn't we try it last year and it didn't work...?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Personally, I wish B4 & B2 were separate with their own threads!  Having one thread for B2 & B4 is a lot to keep up with and decipher.  Anyway, we will see how it works and go from there.

B1 and B2 used to be on separate threads. When they merged onto 1 thread a lot of guys weren't happy, but we got used to it...This will be a whole different ball game. SC said this is how it used to be up until the end of 2015...There are a hell of a lot more apts and residents now!...😕

7 hours ago, ed2 said:

I'm with you here Ed...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

Didn't we try it last year and it didn't work...?

We tried it awhile back but there were some that didn't want to make it work or even give it a try. General Chat Topics were made by other Members. So rather than getting into riffs with anyone over it we just left it as is.       This time there won't be any General Chats after June 1st.

Admin wants to give it a try for a Month or Two and see what Transpires from it.  Everything will still be the same but there will be a more diversity of Topics rather than having everything clamored into one space.

For an Example take the Girls on Vacation Topic some Months that Topic alone will Generate 500 to 600 or more pages a Month now if anyone was to go back through those pages to look for something it would be a Nightmare trying to find what they're looking for when especially when there are multiple things discussed all at once.  By placing those Multiple things into a respective Topics would be a lot easier for someone to search without having Multiple Pages to Search through. 

A lot of the Members that have been with the Forum for quite sometime will remember the days when the Forum was all Multiple Topics with no General Chats and things rolled along just as they do now. For Members that started 2016 and going forward have always had the General Chat. To give the Members a Good idea about Multiple Topics they can view all the past Topics to get an idea of what Multiple Topics appear like.  It worked back then so it should be no different after June 1st.

2 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

We tried it awhile back but there were some that didn't want to make it work or even give it a try. General Chat Topics were made by other Members. So rather than getting into riffs with anyone over it we just left it as is.       This time there won't be any General Chats after June 1st.

Admin wants to give it a try for a Month or Two and see what Transpires from it.  Everything will still be the same but there will be a more diversity of Topics rather than having everything clamored into one space.

For an Example take the Girls on Vacation Topic some Months that Topic alone will Generate 500 to 600 or more pages a Month now if anyone was to go back through those pages to look for something it would be a Nightmare trying to find what they're looking for when especially when there are multiple things discussed all at once.  By placing those Multiple things into a respective Topics would be a lot easier for someone to search without having Multiple Pages to Search through. 

A lot of the Members that have been with the Forum for quite sometime will remember the days when the Forum was all Multiple Topics with no General Chats and things rolled along just as they do now. For Members that started 2016 and going forward have always had the General Chat. To give the Members a Good idea about Multiple Topics they can view all the past Topics to get an idea of what Multiple Topics appear like.  It worked back then so it should be no different after June 1st.

Ok, thanks SC, I was quite happy the way thing are but am willing to give it a crack. I joined in 2016 so have no real experience of how it works...

2 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Your explanation would be fairly reasonable if it were actually different topics we were discussing, but it isn't! The threads are mainly used to discuss what is going on in the apartments right then, and its not like you can't create a different topic if you want to like it is now either. I don't think anyone that actually uses CC regularily really want this change! That is maybe why we didn't obey last year, have Admin thought about that? As I said, I am a member at several other forums where it is just like Admin wants this to be, so I know it will be a of a mess to follow.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

B1 and B2 used to be on separate threads. When they merged onto 1 thread a lot of guys weren't happy, but we got used to it...This will be a whole different ball game. SC said this is how it used to be up until the end of 2015...There are a hell of a lot more apts and residents now!...😕

You are correct in saying that there is a "hell of a lot more apts and residents now" but the last time I looked those other apts and their residents don't get anywhere near the posts as the Barca apts/house does and I don't expect that to change with what the admin is trying to do.

The popular pussy palaces of Barcelona will always be number 1 on high posting volumes due to the nature of these apts/house.  I say to give it a shot and see how it works out but people are going to have to buy in with it or it will not work.  What does HFB mean by "buy in with it"?  People will need to look at what topics have already been made and decide whether or not what they are fixing to post will fit in one of those topics before just willy nillying a new topic.  At any rate, just give it a chance and see what happens!

1 hour ago, ed2 said:

Your explanation would be fairly reasonable if it were actually different topics we were discussing, but it isn't! The threads are mainly used to discuss what is going on in the apartments right then, and its not like you can't create a different topic if you want to like it is now either. I don't think anyone that actually uses CC regularily really want this change! That is maybe why we didn't obey last year, have Admin thought about that? As I said, I am a member at several other forums where it is just like Admin wants this to be, so I know it will be a of a mess to follow.

What I made bold is what I'm talking about in my reply to Naga when I said "buy in with it".  If you are not going to "obey" and try to make it work, it never will.

This very thread is an example of how the "specific topics" idea would work. It's in its own separate section, rather that spread throughout pages 20 pages of a general chat about the girls various favorite dildos, whose packing up, and why Nora is spanking the girls naked in the bedroom. The system worked well in the past. If it all goes to hell in a bowl of spaghetti, we'll go back. I generally use a desktop with two monitors and a good mouse; I can work with ease either way. However, scrolling past uninteresting comments in a single thread can be a pain on phone and pads.

24 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

This very thread is an example of how the "specific topics" idea would work. It's in its own separate section, rather that spread throughout pages 20 pages of a general chat about the girls various favorite dildos, whose packing up, and why Nora is spanking the girls naked in the bedroom. The system worked well in the past. If it all goes to hell in a bowl of spaghetti, we'll go back. I generally use a desktop with two monitors and a good mouse; I can work with ease either way. However, scrolling past uninteresting comments in a single thread can be a pain on phone and pads.

Up to a point, you are right. For a "specific topic" a separate thread would work. The problem however is that there aren't very much "specific topics" that generate a lot of posts. I did as StnCld suggested and took a dive in the archives. I see that a topic was created not even daily, more like once every two days on average and that those topics got very little replies. That changed when @Frankster started his first "What are they doing now..." topics late 2015 that in 2016 became the General Chat topics started by the Admins, the first topics that had on average over a hundred posts per day.

The General Chats were started for a simple reason then: They catered to something the community apparently wanted. The staff of this forum seems the only group that wants to go back to the pre-2016 situation. Why? To be able to "find" something? I agree, it will be much easier to find something in five topics per week with ten posts each than in one topic with over a hundred posts per day. But I think most users don't come here to find something, but to have a (slow-)chat with the other users about what they seen on camera.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1