Critique of the new CC rule of no general chat-topics.

3 hours ago, ed2 said:

Your explanation would be fairly reasonable if it were actually different topics we were discussing, but it isn't! The threads are mainly used to discuss what is going on in the apartments right then, and its not like you can't create a different topic if you want to like it is now either. I don't think anyone that actually uses CC regularily really want this change! That is maybe why we didn't obey last year, have Admin thought about that? As I said, I am a member at several other forums where it is just like Admin wants this to be, so I know it will be a of a mess to follow.

We're going to try it for a Month or Two and see what happens.  It worked fine back in the day before General Chats were even made on Cam Caps. It shouldn't be that difficult reverting back.

4 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

We're going to try it for a Month or Two and see what happens.  It worked fine back in the day before General Chats were even made on Cam Caps. It shouldn't be that difficult reverting back.

Riding horses worked fine too, before cars were invented, but it doesn't mean it's wise to go back. As @CowArt points out, the general topics emerged as a demand from the users. I just say don't act surprized in a month or two, when it didn't work.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I think this question has not been answered. 

1.  Who will be responsible for making the topics for each apartment.?

2.  Can CC members make up their own topics ?

3.  Who will limit the number of topics or can it be unlimited?

For example, I have seen people make up duplicate topics.  Even now there are so many individual topics in each apartment

that trying to read and respond to each one would be too time consuming without the general topic in place.  But like HFB said--each apartment should have it's own forum. 

If this is going to work, someone with some experience in actually following and posting in the forums should make the topics--and take suggestions from the base, not let the

base run wild and randomly make up topics, 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ed2 said:

Riding horses worked fine too, before cars were invented, but it doesn't mean it's wise to go back. As @CowArt points out, the general topics emerged as a demand from the users. I just say don't act surprized in a month or two, when it didn't work.

If it shows it's not going to work we'll just revert back.   Our Sister Forum RLCF always had Multiple Topics and it has the same Apartments listed there as we do here at Cam Caps. Mind that the Traffic isn't as heavy over at RLCF but there's going to be more Traffic over there coming very soon. There's just a couple of minor details to figure out then RLCF should be good to start rolling again.

The General Chats began on January 1st,2016.  The reason for that was we made the Picture and Video Topics strictly just for Pictures and Videos Only without any Comments to say Thanks to the Poster just a click on the Like Button was sufficient. If someone wanted to thank the Poster in a Post them the Member had to use the Multi Quote Button Feature and then Quote their Thanks for the Picture or Video in the General Chat Topic that was created. Now in the Picture and Video Topics, Comments are allowed again as long as they pertain to the Picture and/or Video that has been Posted. If they just use it for a conversation piece then the comments get removed that don't belong.

If the General Chats were never created in 2016 there would be 100's upon 100's of Multiple Topics on the fly today.

3 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

If it shows it's not going to work we'll just revert back.   Our Sister Forum RLCF always had Multiple Topics and it has the same Apartments listed there as we do here at Cam Caps. Mind that the Traffic isn't as heavy over at RLCF but there's going to be more Traffic over there coming very soon. There's just a couple of minor details to figure out then RLCF should be good to start rolling again.

The General Chats began on January 1st,2016.  The reason for that was we made the Picture and Video Topics strictly just for Pictures and Videos Only without any Comments to say Thanks to the Poster just a click on the Like Button was sufficient. If someone wanted to thank the Poster in a Post them the Member had to use the Multi Quote Button Feature and then Quote their Thanks for the Picture or Video in the General Chat Topic that was created. Now in the Picture and Video Topics, Comments are allowed again as long as they pertain to the Picture and/or Video that has been Posted. If they just use it for a conversation piece then the comments get removed that don't belong.

If the General Chats were never created in 2016 there would be 100's upon 100's of Multiple Topics on the fly today.

If the topics are not limited and posters are allowed to make up their own topics, this will happen-------see my previous post. 

1 minute ago, happyone said:

I think this question has not been answered. 

1.  Who will be responsible for making the topics for each apartment.?

2.  Can CC members make up their own topics ?

3.  Who will limit the number of topics or can it be unlimited?

For example, I have seen people make up duplicate topics.  Even now there are so many individual topics in each apartment

that trying to read and respond to each one would be too time consuming without the general topic in place.  But like HFB said--each apartment should have it's own forum. 

If this is going to work, someone with some experience in actually following and posting in the forums should make the topics--and take suggestions from the base, not let the

base run wild and randomly make up topics.   

1.  A Member starts the First Post of the Topic will be the one. All we do is make sure that the Rules are Followed and everyone gets a long in a respectable manner.  The Picture and Video Topics will remain in the Pinned Topics and I will be looking after those if any New Topics are needed in that part.

2.  Yes CC Members can make their own Topics but they must not be a General type Chat for everything in one place.

3.  Topics can be Unlimited. There's No Limit on the Amount of Topics that can be created.        If Duplicate Topics are made then the Duplicated Topics will be Merged into the One Topic.  Each Apartment does have their own Forum. The only different one is B #2 & B #4 where everything is placed in one Forum but that can be changed to have each separate if need be.

2 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

1.  A Member starts the First Post of the Topic will be the one. All we do is make sure that the Rules are Followed and everyone gets a long in a respectable manner.  The Picture and Video Topics will remain in the Pinned Topics and I will be looking after those if any New Topics are needed in that part.

2.  Yes CC Members can make their own Topics but they must not be a General type Chat for everything in one place.

3.  Topics can be Unlimited. There's No Limit on the Amount of Topics that can be created.        If Duplicate Topics are made then the Duplicated Topics will be Merged into the One Topic.  Each Apartment does have their own Forum. The only different one is B #2 & B #4 where everything is placed in one Forum but that can be changed to have each separate if need be.

That will need to be done, I think, along with HFB and maybe others, to try and make this damn thing work.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, happyone said:

That will need to be done, I think, along with HFB and maybe others, to try and make this damn thing work.

That's no problem. It's not hard to make another spot for B #2.  It just might be difficult to locate all their Topics at the Moment but I can move those over as I come across them. The Bulk of their Topics sit in the B #1 Archived Apartment.  As long as I have the Starting Date the Apartment began the Topics will basically be all in one area of that Apartment Board..

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

RLCF has the fan-threads, wich basically serve as a general topic, and the chatbox fill the remaining demand.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:52 PM, ed2 said:

RLCF has the fan-threads, wich basically serve as a general topic, and the chatbox fill the remaining demand.

Every Girl has their Own Fan Thread. There are multiple ones in the Barcelona Topics but there are also a few Topics that are not Fan Pages as well that still get used.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Mauri said:

sorry what is the new discussion of the month?

It appears they are trying a new format... lets just give it a go, if its unsuccessful they will return to the previous format.. so i read earlier..

• Upvote 1