27 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

Just been contacted by track and trace telling Margaret and myself to isolate.The whole family were at Newcastle racecourse last week and as a result our daughter in law has tested positive so we're all isolating till Monday.Waiting now for our test results.

Oh dear thats a bugger still if you have had all yer jabs shouldn't be anything to worry about. Have you had any symptons since?

Here in Canada about 25% of the population has been vaccinated with 2 doses while others have had 1 dose while some that have been vaccinated are still getting this Delta Variant. Now they'll likely have to come out with another vaccine for the Delta variant.  As long as this virus mutates it will never go away.  They're opening places up and will only have to shut it al down once again if cases start rising.

I myself have managed to avoid the whole thing since it began. I have had one vaccine shot so far and scheduled for the second on July 23rd.  I wasn't even going to get a vaccine but I got pressured into getting the jab. Got the Moderna vaccine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

Here in Canada about 25% of the population has been vaccinated with 2 doses while others have had 1 dose while some that have been vaccinated are still getting this Delta Variant. Now they'll likely have to come out with another vaccine for the Delta variant.  As long as this virus mutates it will never go away.  They're opening places up and will only have to shut it al down once again if cases start rising.

I myself have managed to avoid the whole thing since it began. I have had one vaccine shot so far and scheduled for the second on July 23rd.  I wasn't even going to get a vaccine but I got pressured into getting the jab. Got the Moderna vaccine.

Here in the Uk about 85% have had their 1st jab with about 50% having had their 2nd jab. The current outbreak is based mainly in the northern part of the UK where the majority of the coloured population live which many of them are refusing to have the vaccination based on self beliefs and religious factors i think. Will it ever end? suppose it will someday but it sure ain't gonna be anytime soon thats for sure. but once all vaccinated you just can't keep these lockdowns going else every buggers gonna go bust. They reckon we will loose 90% of lockdown rules etc around the 19th July or thereabouts. To be honest once vaccinated there is no reason to have any lockdowns in theory,what will be will be you can't molly coddle everyone forever.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Here in the Uk about 85% have had their 1st jab with about 50% having had their 2nd jab. The current outbreak s based mainly in the northern part of the UK where the majority of the coloured population live which many of them are refusing to have the vaccination based on self beliefs and religious factors i think. Will it ever end? suppose it will someday but it sure ain't gonna be anytime soon thats for sure. but once all vaccinated you just cn't keep these lockdowns going else every buggers gonna go bust. They reckon we will loose 90% of lockdown rules etc around the 19th July or thereabouts. To be honest once vaccinated there is no reason to have any lockdowns i theory,what will be will be you can't molly coddle everyone forever.

I hope they don't have any further shutdowns.  They have lost a lot of small businesses because of Lockdowns. The ones that still remain are going to be struggling for awhile till people break out of the novelty of online shopping.  Some will return to retail shopping and others will just do it because of better deals.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I hope they don't have any further shutdowns.  They have lost a lot of small businesses because of Lockdowns. The ones that still remain are going to be struggling for awhile till people break out of the novelty of online shopping.  Some will return to retail shopping and others will just do it because of better deals.

Yep it has certainly fucked up many peoples way of life and for many will never be the same again or in the forseeable future

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

I had the Moderna. 1st jab was nothing, second hit me for about 36 hours. Not raving sick, but like when you first notice that you have the flu. Slight fever, sinuses and total lack of energy. By 48 hours after, I was fine. Good luck!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, albundy1089 said:

I had the Moderna. 1st jab was nothing, second hit me for about 36 hours. Not raving sick, but like when you first notice that you have the flu. Slight fever, sinuses and total lack of energy. By 48 hours after, I was fine. Good luck!

The missus and i had the Astravenaca one and had no reaction or after effects at all or anybody else i know never had either.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Robwin said:

The missus and i had the Astravenaca one and had no reaction or after effects at all or anybody else i know never had either.

My wife had the Pfizer and had no effects from either shot.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Margaret and I have had 2 jabs of the Pfizer vaccine with know problems at all but some of my kids(40's and 50's) have had a day or two of fatigue,aches and pains.It seems like the younger you are the more issues there are.I'm just thankful that nothing more serious has happened.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, albundy1089 said:

My wife had the Pfizer and had no effects from either shot.

Yeah 99% of people don't have any problems at all just the unfortunate ones who have existing underlying conditions, they are the unlucky ones.

Many have adverse reactions to the normal flu jab.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dave 27 said:

Margaret and I have had 2 jabs of the Pfizer vaccine with know??? problems at all but some of my kids(40's and 50's) have had a day or two of fatigue,aches and pains.It seems like the younger you are the more issues there are.I'm just thankful that nothing more serious has happened.

Couldn't resist pal :biggrin: otherwise all good eh 👍

• Haha 1