Is this a Rock n' Roll song?

Amy3

Is this a Rock n' Roll song?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a Rock n' Roll song?

• Yes, it's fucking Rock n' Roll!
    • No fucking way that's Rock n' Roll!

48 minutes ago, rammer said:

Just curious TBG.  Who is the best keyboardist?  Keith Emerson was pretty awesome in my opinion.  The same for Rick Wakeman.  Sorta going off topic here though.

I know this was asked to TBG but if I may interject on my thoughts about who would be the best, it would have to be Keith Emerson.  However there was another keyboard player that I think deserves honorable mention and that is Ray Manzarek, who was not given the credit he deserves.  Carry on......sorry to interrupt 🙂

• Like 2

It's all good Harley.  Sorry Amy,  I unintentionally hijacked your thread.  Please forgive me.  I saw ELP and YES with Wakeman many times back in the day.  Manzareck was amazing with the technology they had at the time.  The Moog just came out back then and Keith Emerson mastered it and owned it.  How good would they all be now if they had the ability to play today's technology?  I'm still waiting for your reply TBG about who is the best keyboardist in your opinion though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rammer said:

Just curious TBG.  Who is the best keyboardist?  Keith Emerson was pretty awesome in my opinion.  The same for Rick Wakeman.  Sorta going off topic here though.

Wakeman hands down. My Dad always had his music playing in bbn our basement when he was "working on projects", probably he was  trying to relax and get away from his noisy kids. He loved programming rock and it's some of my favorite old stuff to listen to know. Smoke a bowl, get his old headphones he gave me, and put on "Close To The Edge" and just feel like I'm floating. And in that same genre Neil Peart is also the best drummer ever, with Lars Ulrich a hair behind him. If there's any better I'd love to know who?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Ha! So funny, I was about to splain to you guys that Neil Peart is probably the best drummer ever. 

But, I'd like to see someone try to keep up with the drummer for Gojira. Good luck with that one. 

My favorite drummers are Keith Moon (Moon the Loon) and John Bonham (Bonzo).  Is Neil Pearl better?  I guess I need to google him.  Checking it out now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ashleyxyz said:

Wakeman hands down. My Dad always had his music playing in bbn our basement when he was "working on projects", probably he was  trying to relax and get away from his noisy kids. He loved programming rock and it's some of my favorite old stuff to listen to know. Smoke a bowl, get his old headphones he gave me, and put on "Close To The Edge" and just feel like I'm floating. And in that same genre Neil Peart is also the best drummer ever, with Lars Ulrich a hair behind him. If there's any better I'd love to know who?

Close to the edge was so awesome. It was better yet live.  Rick Wakeman 's first live album was "Journey to the Center of the Earth":  I have it on vinyl but it's a little scratchy.  Unfortunately  that's what happened with LPs back then unless you where totally anal.  No one I knew was though. Scratches and skips were acceptable to my crowd.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ashleyxyz said:

I'm sorry but I have to agree with you....Wakeman was good but there were better.  I'm not going to argue it tonight because I'm as high as a kite after Boston beat those worthless LA Dodgers!!  WAY TO GO REDSOX!!!!!  Neil Peart was a bad ass drummer no doubt but there were others that could blow his shit away.......not trying to start an argument here and I'm too fucked up to defend at the moment but the bottom line is that Neil Peart was good!!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Ha! So funny, I was about to splain to you guys that Neil Peart is probably the best drummer ever. 

But, I'd like to see someone try to keep up with the drummer for Gojira. Good luck with that one. 

I remember you put so much e Gojira songs on here and the drummer must have the fastest hands alive!

• Like 1