Is this a Rock n' Roll song?

Amy3

Is this a Rock n' Roll song?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a Rock n' Roll song?

• Yes, it's fucking Rock n' Roll!
    • No fucking way that's Rock n' Roll!

31 minutes ago, rammer said:

Close to the edge was so awesome. It was better yet live.  Rick Wakeman 's first live album was "Journey to the Center of the Earth":  I have it on vinyl but it's a little scratchy.  Unfortunately  that's what happened with LPs back then unless you where totally anal.  No one I knew was though. Scratches and skips were acceptable to my crowd.

I can't imagine seeing them live, I think I might pass out actually. I wonder if anything out the last 10 or so years will be looked at the way some bands from the 70s and 80s are. There's good music out today, but nothing revolutionary the way Yes sounded in their early years.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BBsq69 said:

Here is a rock band doing Rock 'n' Roll.

and here they are doing Rock:

and here they are in full Prog mode:

Freddie voice was so great, I love Queen. There is a Queen movie coming out shortly, I think pretty much about Freddie

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

I'm sorry but I have to agree with you....Wakeman was good but there were better.  I'm not going to argue it tonight because I'm as high as a kite after Boston beat those worthless LA Dodgers!!  WAY TO GO REDSOX!!!!!  Neil Peart was a bad ass drummer no doubt but there were others that could blow his shit away.......not trying to start an argument here and I'm too fucked up to defend at the moment but the bottom line is that Neil Peart was good!!

Ok, when your past your hangover tommorow we can all come back and defend our choices!

20 hours ago, BBsq69 said:

Of course it's not Rock 'n' Roll, it's Rock, more in common with Ozzy Osbourne than Elvis.

I agree BB...It's metal, or certainly Rock, but it's not what I'd call Rock'n Roll...

Sorry I'm late to the show guys, I can't believe I missed this thread...😕

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BBsq69 said:

Here is a rock band doing Rock 'n' Roll.

and here they are doing Rock:

and here they are in full Prog mode:

I went to see the release of Bohemian Rhapsody this week...It was great. The guy playing Freddie, Rami Malek, was awesome...

Image result for Rami MalekImage result for Rami Malek

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rammer said:

Just curious TBG.  Who is the best keyboardist?  Keith Emerson was pretty awesome in my opinion.  The same for Rick Wakeman.  Sorta going off topic here though.

Anyone follow Dream Theatre...? American Prog Rock band with some of the best musicians around. 

image.jpeg.fb07227385210c72eae686849fedbfed.jpegJohn Petrucci (left) is, IMO, up there with the best guitarists ever, John Myung (right), and amazing bassist and Jordan Rudess (with the white beard) has been voted best keyboard player ever in several polls...One of the best drummers in the world, Mike Portnoy, had left the band but the other guy is a great replacement...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ashleyxyz said:

Wakeman hands down. My Dad always had his music playing in bbn our basement when he was "working on projects", probably he was  trying to relax and get away from his noisy kids. He loved programming rock and it's some of my favorite old stuff to listen to know. Smoke a bowl, get his old headphones he gave me, and put on "Close To The Edge" and just feel like I'm floating. And in that same genre Neil Peart is also the best drummer ever, with Lars Ulrich a hair behind him. If there's any better I'd love to know who?

I've seen Rush twice, when they were more of a Rock band, which I preferred tbh, and Neil Peart was awesome...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rammer said:

Just curious TBG.  Who is the best keyboardist?  Keith Emerson was pretty awesome in my opinion.  The same for Rick Wakeman.  Sorta going off topic here though.

Who I think is the best keyboardist is like the music, subjective. I was never really into the heavy R&R. I was a classical organist and pianist until my left hand was taken from me. My idea of the best keyboardist is Virgil Fox, Diane Bish, Richard Elliot, Samuel Metzgar, etc... 

Anyone can bang out screaming noise. It takes a Master to make music. In the R&R scene, Elton John and Billy Joel are nothing to sneeze at. And they are still performing.1883716566_RuffattiPipeOrgan.jpg.807aa30255fd77df4580bc7de52f8107.jpgMTO.jpe.a3c62df9f9871039fd1ab29d1ba16562.jpe1895402080_MTOConsole.jpe.fb024386e4a8fac2f1f2941019c25e88.jpe 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

Who I think is the best keyboardist is like the music, subjective. I was never really into the heavy R&R. I was a classical organist and pianist until my left hand was taken from me. My idea of the best keyboardist is Virgil Fox, Diane Bish, Richard Elliot, Samuel Metzgar, etc... 

Anyone can bang out screaming noise. It takes a Master to make music. In the R&R scene, Elton John and Billy Joel are nothing to sneeze at. And they are still performing.1883716566_RuffattiPipeOrgan.jpg.807aa30255fd77df4580bc7de52f8107.jpgMTO.jpe.a3c62df9f9871039fd1ab29d1ba16562.jpe1895402080_MTOConsole.jpe.fb024386e4a8fac2f1f2941019c25e88.jpe 

Wow TBG, you think Wakeman and Emerson were just banging out screaming noise? 

14 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

I've seen Rush twice, when they were more of a Rock band, which I preferred tbh, and Neil Peart was awesome...

Oh you so lucky, I wou li d have lived to see Rush, they just finished their last tour and never heard about it. They got kinda commercial in the 80's which is fine, but their 70's work was like nothing that came before it. The fact that Metallicas fave band is Rush tells me all i need to know

• Like 2