Is this a Rock n' Roll song?

Amy3

Is this a Rock n' Roll song?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a Rock n' Roll song?

• Yes, it's fucking Rock n' Roll!
    • No fucking way that's Rock n' Roll!

13 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

Anyone follow Dream Theatre...? American Prog Rock band with some of the best musicians around. 

image.jpeg.fb07227385210c72eae686849fedbfed.jpegJohn Petrucci (left) is, IMO, up there with the best guitarists ever, John Myung (right), and amazing bassist and Jordan Rudess (with the white beard) has been voted best keyboard player ever in several polls...One of the best drummers in the world, Mike Portnoy, had left the band but the other guy is a great replacement...

Dream Theatre is still making records, and with virtually none of it played on radio. They have a lot of fans who h.g.h ahe followed them from day one, like Rush

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

Dream Theatre is still making records, and with virtually none of it played on radio. They have a lot of fans who h.g.h ahe followed them from day one, like Rush

Sadly I haven't seen them yet...OT, Maiden are my band. I've seen them 5 times now...Last time was a coupla months back and they were tremendous...Nicko McBrain, there drummer , is pretty good too for a 66 yr old...There Rock in Rio concert in front of 250,000 was mind blowing...🤩

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

Sadly I haven't seen them yet...OT, Maiden are my band. I've seen them 5 times now...Last time was a coupla months back and they were tremendous...Nicko McBrain, there drummer , is pretty good too for a 66 yr old...There Rock in Rio concert in front of 250,000 was mind blowing...🤩

Nicki McBrain, now theres a a rock and roll name!

• Like 1

How about Carl Palmer for best drummer?  This is from 1970.  The amazing thing is he got better going forward.  Keith Emerson playing an upside down keyboard and stabbing it near the end?  Is this rock and roll, or only children playing with noise (a Stevie Winwood lyric)?  I vote yes.  I just found this nugget a little while ago and wanted to share it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ashleyxyz said:

Wow TBG, you think Wakeman and Emerson were just banging out screaming noise? 

WOW!!! Ash, your twisting words around to make them sound like you want them too. Are you practicing to be a Demoncrat? I've heard a ton of smaller garage bands that did more damage to my ears than rap could do today. The 'bands' of our day were excellent and I still enjoy them today. I just can't quote names of the players in many or any of them. I listened to it, but I didn't live it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TBG 150 said:

WOW!!! Ash, your twisting words around to make them sound like you want them too. Are you practicing to be a Demoncrat? I've heard a ton of smaller garage bands that did more damage to my ears than rap could do today. The 'bands' of our day were excellent and I still enjoy them today. I just can't quote names of the players in many or any of them. I listened to it, but I didn't live it.

Why are you a hater?  Chill dude, express your opinion appropriately and if you can't move on.  Don't politicize this tread though please.  There are other threads to talk about politics.  Do it there but not here though.  Agree?  This thread is about music, not politics. You're a musician.  Please respect that.

A typical response from you.  It was a civil request.  Respect the music my friend and spew your hatred in another thread if you must, but not here.  Is that too much to ask?   I'll spar with you elsewhere if need be.

On 10/29/2018 at 12:11 AM, ashleyxyz said:

Ok, when your past your hangover tommorow we can all come back and defend our choices!

Hello AshleyXYZ,

I will decline to comment any further as music and the musicians that make it, is subjective to the listener.  I will have to agree with the Chili about Portnoy, one of the best double bass drummers I've ever seen.......call me old or old fashioned but I'm starting to mello with the new medication I'm on and just don't feel up to a big debate :).

This is always the first thread I look at when I login to CC and tonight is no different.  I just don't want to go there with music!  The worthless tenants of RLC is an entirely different story!!

Have a good night AshleyXYZ!!

I value you being here on this forum and I wish you would get other women to join......you all's input is always worth reading in my opinion!!!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, rammer said:

How about Carl Palmer for best drummer?  This is from 1970.  The amazing thing is he got better going forward.  Keith Emerson playing an upside down keyboard and stabbing it near the end?  Is this rock and roll, or only children playing with noise (a Stevie Winwood lyric)?  I vote yes.  I just found this nugget a little while ago and wanted to share it.

Very very good! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Hello AshleyXYZ,

I will decline to comment any further as music and the musicians that make it, is subjective to the listener.  I will have to agree with the Chili about Portnoy, one of the best double bass drummers I've ever seen.......call me old or old fashioned but I'm starting to mello with the new medication I'm on and just don't feel up to a big debate :).

This is always the first thread I look at when I login to CC and tonight is no different.  I just don't want to go there with music!  The worthless tenants of RLC is an entirely different story!!

Have a good night AshleyXYZ!!

I value you being here on this forum and I wish you would get other women to join......you all's input is always worth reading in my opinion!!!

I 100% agree. Its hopeless to debate what musicians are better than others. We were just saying who we liked best! And thx for the compliment. And call me Ash!

• Like 1