Is this a Rock n' Roll song?

Amy3

Is this a Rock n' Roll song?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a Rock n' Roll song?

• Yes, it's fucking Rock n' Roll!
    • No fucking way that's Rock n' Roll!

23 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

WOW!!! Ash, your twisting words around to make them sound like you want them too. Are you practicing to be a Demoncrat? I've heard a ton of smaller garage bands that did more damage to my ears than rap could do today. The 'bands' of our day were excellent and I still enjoy them today. I just can't quote names of the players in many or any of them. I listened to it, but I didn't live it.

Geez, I guess I misread your comment.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ashleyxyz said:

I 100% agree. Its hopeless to debate what musicians are better than others. We were just saying who we liked best! And thx for the compliment. And call me Ash!

I agree.  Who are your favorite musicians and what instruments did they play?  And is it rock and roll?  Maybe this should be a new thread though?

On 10/30/2018 at 11:21 PM, HarleyFatboy said:

Hello AshleyXYZ,

I will decline to comment any further as music and the musicians that make it, is subjective to the listener.  I will have to agree with the Chili about Portnoy, one of the best double bass drummers I've ever seen.......call me old or old fashioned but I'm starting to mello with the new medication I'm on and just don't feel up to a big debate :).

This is always the first thread I look at when I login to CC and tonight is no different.  I just don't want to go there with music!  The worthless tenants of RLC is an entirely different story!!

Have a good night AshleyXYZ!!

I value you being here on this forum and I wish you would get other women to join......you all's input is always worth reading in my opinion!!!

Harley, I said before I saw a quote that said music is medicine of the mind. When things aren't so good crank your music the hell up!  That's how I roll.  It always works for me.  You should try it. New meds are always something new.  You'll be fine. Just crank your music up and listen to your favorite songs.  It's all good if you let it be.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rammer said:

Harley, I said before I saw a quote that said music is medicine of the mind. When things aren't so good crank your music the hell up!  That's how I roll.  It always works for me.  You should try it. New meds are always something new.  You'll be fine. Just crank your music up and listen to your favorite songs.  It's all good if you let it be.  

The only way I listen to music is cranked up!!  Good advice though Rammer.....the jammer!!

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 9:23 AM, nagachilli2 said:

I've seen Rush twice, when they were more of a Rock band, which I preferred tbh, and Neil Peart was awesome...

I did have an offer of a ticket to see Rush in the early 1980s but I'm such a nice guy I let a bigger Rush fan go in my place - almost certainly a regret. I also missed a Marillion concert (the one were somebody died in Birmingham) because both my parents were ill (abandoning them was not an option as my father required 24 hour care) ) and my little brother and best friend who didn't really know each other went instead. My brother's favourite band was Marillion - I think they managed to sell my ticket though. 30 years later I managed to see them with another mate who had backstage passes. I also saw Fish a couple of years ago although he still drinks too much - drinks like a Fish is true in his case.

I had never heard of Rush until Uni, or Wakeman (I was introduced to him pretty quickly), when one of my mates asked me what I thought of Peart's lyrics. I said they're fucking poetry and so I became a fan. 

Prog magazine recently put Emerson as the number 1 keyboard player followed by Wakeman and then Banks. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BBsq69 said:

I did have an offer of a ticket to see Rush in the early 1980s but I'm such a nice guy I let a bigger Rush fan go in my place - almost certainly a regret. I also missed a Marillion concert (the one were somebody died in Birmingham) because both my parents were ill (abandoning them was not an option as my father required 24 hour care) ) and my little brother and best friend who didn't really no each other went instead. My brother's favourite band was Marillion - I think they managed to sell my ticket though. 30 years later I managed to see them with another mate who had backstage passes. I also saw Fish a couple of years ago although he still drinks too much - drinks like a Fish is true in his case.

I had never heard of Rush until Uni, or Wakeman (I was introduced to him pretty quickly), when one of my mates asked me what I thought of Peart's lyrics. I said they're fucking poetry and so I became a fan. 

Prog magazine recently put Emerson as the number 1 keyboard player followed by Wakeman and then Banks. 

1 hour ago, BBsq69 said:

I did have an offer of a ticket to see Rush in the early 1980s but I'm such a nice guy I let a bigger Rush fan go in my place - almost certainly a regret. I also missed a Marillion concert (the one were somebody died in Birmingham) because both my parents were ill (abandoning them was not an option as my father required 24 hour care) ) and my little brother and best friend who didn't really no each other went instead. My brother's favourite band was Marillion - I think they managed to sell my ticket though. 30 years later I managed to see them with another mate who had backstage passes. I also saw Fish a couple of years ago although he still drinks too much - drinks like a Fish is true in his case.

Keith Emerson was mastering a blow torch while other keyboardists were still rubbing sticks together.  Wakeman wasn't far behind.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1