What size monitor do you use?

On 11/27/2018 at 6:38 PM, cheesehead51 said:

I haven't used a monitor in a few years now. I have my laptop sitting on a shelf below my 65" 4k smart tv and that is my monitor.  The laptop is plugged into 1 HDMI port.  I have a good quality cordless keyboard and mouse and I sit in my recliner about 8' away and that's how I do everything.  My eyes aren't the best anymore so this works great for me.  I have my Blueray player plugged into another HDMI port and a quality sound bar hooked into the fiber optic audio jack leaving me 2 open HDMI ports for anything else I may want to connect.   I am writing a book and have my WIFI laser jet printer/scanner/copier on the same shelf with the laptop and Blueray player.  I have my Amazon Echo Plus to control my thermostat, my stereo and most of my lights.  This may sound like the lazy man's way of doing things and it is but when you live  with level 10 pain 24/7/365 you do what you can to make things as easy as possible.   

As soon as I figure out how to get Alexa to wipe my butt and get me a cold beer I will have it made.😁 

You will need to get Google Home to do that 😏

I use two 27" LGs 14 inches from my face.  I now detest doing anything without dual monitors, and absolutely HATE cell phones. My Kindle is great for reading straight material, but all video and intensive multi-tasking happens on my dual-monitor battle station with the fast video board. I'm spoiled rotten.

On 12/7/2018 at 2:38 PM, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

I use two 27" LGs 14 inches from my face.  I now detest doing anything without dual monitors, and absolutely HATE cell phones. My Kindle is great for reading straight material, but all video and intensive multi-tasking happens on my dual-monitor battle station with the fast video board. I'm spoiled rotten.

It's hard to go back after having a dual monitor setup. 

• 2 years later...
On 11/27/2018 at 8:38 PM, cheesehead51 said:

I haven't used a monitor in a few years now. I have my laptop sitting on a shelf below my 65" 4k smart tv and that is my monitor.  The laptop is plugged into 1 HDMI port.  I have a good quality cordless keyboard and mouse and I sit in my recliner about 8' away and that's how I do everything.  My eyes aren't the best anymore so this works great for me.  I have my Blueray player plugged into another HDMI port and a quality sound bar hooked into the fiber optic audio jack leaving me 2 open HDMI ports for anything else I may want to connect.   I am writing a book and have my WIFI laser jet printer/scanner/copier on the same shelf with the laptop and Blueray player.  I have my Amazon Echo Plus to control my thermostat, my stereo and most of my lights.  This may sound like the lazy man's way of doing things and it is but when you live  with level 10 pain 24/7/365 you do what you can to make things as easy as possible.   

As soon as I figure out how to get Alexa to wipe my butt and get me a cold beer I will have it made.😁 

I was wondering what printer you have. My son asked for it for a long time, but now I don't know what to do with this strange machine For example, what are people finding the best settings for printing TPU. At the moment I have the speed at 25mm as any higher the filament just sticks in the gears. The print is so slow it’s just silly. The printer is an ender 3.