The Climate Change Thread

1 minute ago, Robwin said:

I think you have cracked it Ash, its all that shit giving off all that methane gas thats fucking it all up.:biggrin:

Just think of all that shit being expelled from all over the world 24/7 lol doesn't bear thinking about and growing every year ::)  

And to think that for the leftists, so called progressives, and most liberals it comes out of both ends 😏

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Robwin said:

I think you have cracked it Ash, its all that shit giving off all that methane gas thats fucking it all up.:biggrin:

Just think of all that shit being expelled from all over the world 24/7 lol doesn't bear thinking about and growing every year ::)  

Don't blame me! My shit don't stink so there must be no methane released from it. No Guy, I think he makes up for both of us!🤭 😁

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ashleyxyz said:

I'm going to go along with the scientists and say the earth us warming. So the questions are , what's causing it, and what can we do about. The answers are unknown and nothing. And the idea that humans are destroying the planet because temperatures have gone up a degree or 2, and if the ocean rises 6 inches we've killed it ,are ludicrous. Glaciers extended down to Chicago just 20 000 years ago. And between 4000 and 20000 years ago, oceans rose 400 FEET! The only carbon footprint a typical human had back then was a campfire, and taking a shit in the woods. So somebody please explain to me what caused that warmup since it wasn't humans, and how the earth managed to survive, but now a 2 or 3 degree rise will be the end of it. It's all a game. The rich can buy their way out of cutting their huge carbon footprint, keep thier 3 mansions, limos and private planes by buying carbon credits, while simple folk like us need to unplug their phone chargers not in use, stop eating burgers, and wipe thier asses with a single sheet of toilet paper. By the way. This is no smear on the rich. I'll be rich one day and have no regrets or guilt about it. The climate is what it's going to be, and we can't do anything about it. The earth has done just fine 4 billion years before humans, and will be just fine 4 billion years after we've killed off our own species.

By the way, I could deal with wiping my ass with a single sheet of TP, but the world can burn before I give up bacon cheeseburgers!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Correct me if I am wrong but at the moment the earth and the sun are getting closer and in the hundreds and thousands of years into the future the earth is going to bake and eventually crumble,that is a fact.So although carbon footprints,zero emissions,etc,etc are all very relevant at the moment in the very long term the human race are going to have to find ""alternative accomodation" to survive.The scientist who presented this particular programme on TV gave a timeline showing how all this would happen over thousands maybe even millons of years .Over time the temperatures would become so high that the polar icecaps would melt and lakes and rivers would be well stocked for a while but eventually it would become too hot and the water level would recede and the human race would be forced underground for shelter and what was left of the water sources.Eventually there would be no water or food and the inevitable would happen.Meanwhile planet earth would get drier and drier and literally crumble.The point I am making (albeit a long term one)is that if we don't get to grips with the current environmental issues planet earth could be gone long before it's guaranteed demise.I know this sounds a bit of a doomsday scenario but it is fact and merely strengthens the need to find somewhere else for the human race to continue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave 27 said:

Correct me if I am wrong but at the moment the earth and the sun are getting closer and in the hundreds and thousands of years into the future the earth is going to bake and eventually crumble,that is a fact.So although carbon footprints,zero emissions,etc,etc are all very relevant at the moment in the very long term the human race are going to have to find ""alternative accomodation" to survive.The scientist who presented this particular programme on TV gave a timeline showing how all this would happen over thousands maybe even millons of years .Over time the temperatures would become so high that the polar icecaps would melt and lakes and rivers would be well stocked for a while but eventually it would become too hot and the water level would recede and the human race would be forced underground for shelter and what was left of the water sources.Eventually there would be no water or food and the inevitable would happen.Meanwhile planet earth would get drier and drier and literally crumble.The point I am making (albeit a long term one)is that if we don't get to grips with the current environmental issues planet earth could be gone long before it's guaranteed demise.I know this sounds a bit of a doomsday scenario but it is fact and merely strengthens the need to find somewhere else for the human race to continue.

I'll be Dead and Gone before the big moment arrives so it doesn't matter to me what happens after I am gone.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I'll be Dead and Gone before the big moment arrives so it doesn't matter to me what happens after I am gone.

That is a little bit negative surely.In the short term we have to work to preserve this place as best as we can for as long as we can even although none of us will be around for ever.As for the other long term stuff I was banging on about the Hyper-intelligencia on here probably know all about it anyway.I just wanted to have my say.

Have a good day

• Like 1

Just now, Dave 27 said:

That is a little bit negative surely.In the short term we have to work to preserve this place as best as we can for as long as we can even although none of us will be around for ever.As for the other long term stuff I was banging on about the Hyper-intelligencia on here probably know all about it anyway.I just wanted to have my say.

Have a good day

What if whatever the Governments are doing doesn't work. Then everyone got fleeced and screwed.   Let Mother Nature take its course and whatever happens, Happens.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

Correct me if I am wrong but at the moment the earth and the sun are getting closer and in the hundreds and thousands of years into the future the earth is going to bake and eventually crumble,that is a fact

So why the fuck worry now and tax every fucker out of existence if its eventually inevitable. Obviously since the begining of time when the sun was further away and the ice age was here it's been getting nearer hence the earth warming up. And so it will continue and there's nothing anyone can do about.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ashleyxyz said:

By the way, I could deal with wiping my ass with a single sheet of TP, but the world can burn before I give up bacon cheeseburgers!!

Not to worry ash.  The U.S. Democrats proposal for the Green New Deal has this hidden in the bill---

image.jpeg.4b57ee65db0dea9a7f2852e469e234d3.jpeg

TP will be illegal😏

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robwin said:

So why the fuck worry now and tax every fucker out of existence if its eventually inevitable. Obviously since the begining of time when the sun was further away and the ice age was here it's been getting nearer hence the earth warming up. And so it will continue and there's nothing anyone can do about.

I have checked my posts but cannot find where I said I was worried and I'm not taxed out of existence,a wee bit OTT buddy.I obviously know about the ice age,global warming etc,etc.I was just wondering if anyone could see future scenarios as to what preparations will have to be made.If it's boring and nobody gives a fuck so what I find it interesting and fascinating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave 27 said:

I have checked my posts but cannot find where I said I was worried and I'm not taxed out of existence,a wee bit OTT buddy.I obviously know about the ice age,global warming etc,etc.I was just wondering if anyone could see future scenarios as to what preparations will have to be made.If it's boring and nobody gives a fuck so what I find it interesting and fascinating.

How anyone would know what's going on in your mind is even more baffling than fucking climate change 🤪😛🤪

• Like 1