StnCld316

US General Domestic Politics Part #2

14 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

Sorry... it is totally a political game.  I'm no fan of the Democrats, but that's all this is ...political posturing and playing to simpletons who think a wall will actually keep people out.  The Berlin wall is a good example, it wasn't the wall that kept people from crossing as much as the machine gun placements, trigger happy guards and mine fields in front of it. 

Wrong.The wall has been a big success in San Diego, El Paso and other spots on the border where it has been built. That's why the Democrats don't want the wall. They want a steady stream of Immigrants crossing the border because they see them as future Democrat voters.

7 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Wrong.The wall has been a big success in San Diego, El Paso and other spots on the border where it has been built. That's why the Democrats don't want the wall. They want a steady stream of Immigrants crossing the border because they see them as future Democrat voters.

I agree that's why the liberals want immigration, but no physical barrier will keep the illegals out.  Those who wanted in at San Diego and El Paso...just went somewhere else to cross.  Mostly because the heat is too much anyway...again border guards and cameras.  Tunnels will always work, so will a simple ladder, a big truck...etc.  To dream otherwise is just being disingenuous with voters...to get votes.  It's all smoke and mirrors.

I think we need to disband all of those idiots that sit in the Senate and the House. They (on both sides) sit there and dismantle this country and our Constitution one word at a time. 90% of them are useless leaches that prey on the working man while feeding them lines of bullshit that even a bull couldn't shit out.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

I agree that's why the liberals want immigration, but no physical barrier will keep the illegals out.  Those who wanted in at San Diego and El Paso...just went somewhere else to cross.  Mostly because the heat is too much anyway...again border guards and cameras.  Tunnels will always work, so will a simple ladder, a big truck...etc.  To dream otherwise is just being disingenuous with voters...to get votes.  It's all smoke and mirrors.

Unfortunately for the people of East Berlin, the Berlin Wall did work. If there had been no wall there would have been a mass exodus from East Germany instead of just a trickle of escapees. If we build a wall where the Border Patrol wants it the number of illegals crossing will be greatly reduced. To me, the proof that the wall will work is that the Democrats so forcefully oppose it.

12 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Unfortunately for the people of East Berlin, the Berlin Wall did work. If there had been no wall there would have been a mass exodus from East Germany instead of just a trickle of escapees. If we build a wall where the Border Patrol wants it the number of illegals crossing will be greatly reduced. To me, the proof that the wall will work is that the Democrats so forcefully oppose it.

Symbolism is powerful.  Sorry but I saw the Berlin wall...the wall was symbolic...the threat of being blown up in a mine field or shot did the job.  You are following a court jester.  He got elected because people were fed up.  He over-sold that wall.

7 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

Symbolism is powerful.  Sorry but I saw the Berlin wall...the wall was symbolic...the threat of being blown up in a mine field or shot did the job.  You are following a court jester.  He got elected because people were fed up.  He over-sold that wall.

So why do U.S. Border Patrol agents say the wall is needed?

1 minute ago, Ridgerunner said:

So why do U.S. Border Patrol agents say the wall is needed?

I live in the country on the northern border...sorry I see far too many of your border agents.  I would trust nothing that they say or are for.  They are only interested in their own self preservation through make work projects and bigger is better.  Many of them are painfully stupid.

On 2/8/2019 at 2:12 PM, maxfactor said:

I live in the country on the northern border...sorry I see far too many of your border agents.  I would trust nothing that they say or are for.  They are only interested in their own self preservation through make work projects and bigger is better.  Many of them are painfully stupid.

The last time I was in your country, the Canadian Border agent (who was cute and a hotty ) just wanted to make sure I had no fire arms and that I had plenty of money to spend while visiting Canada.

On my return, I was stuck going through US Customs. They searched the hell out of returnees, looking -- not for drugs -- but for baby fur seal pelts. They still  do. These agents up there are probably really bored, but at least they don't get shot at.

• Like 2

Just now, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

The last time I was in your country, the Canadian Border agent (who was cute and a hotty ) just wanted to make sure I had no fire arms and that I had plenty of money to spend while visiting Canada.

On my return, I was stuck going through US Customs. They searched the hell out of returnees, looking -- not for drugs -- but for baby fur seal pelts. They still  do. These agents up there are probably really bored, but at least they don't get shot at.

I have arrived at the border about 11am  in Port Huron once in January...six cars in three lanes.  Grand pa and grand ma in a 90s caddy in front likely heading to Fla in front of me.  By the time I got through 45 minutes later...the dogs, the mirrors under gramps caddy and five more lanes had opened up.  Must have been 40 cars by then.  You tell me they aren't making jobs for themselves.  As for the Canadian guards...is there on who is over 25?  You hardly see an mature one..it's a boring shitty job being a tax collector.

Still...I have been asked the most stupid questions by US customs.  So stupid, I have done a double take and just stood in amazement.  

• Like 1

Imagine that ??? We need to do something about this, This is just fucking wrong !!!

They elected her congress, they reap seeds they sow, God help us !!!!

Enough said, when we going build the tunnel under the ocean for high speed rail to Hawaii so we won't have to fly there anymore !!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thestarider said:

Enough said, when we going build the tunnel under the ocean for high speed rail to Hawaii so we won't have to fly there anymore !!!

The Dude needs a White Russian to clear his head after listening to her!

6 hours ago, Thestarider said:

They elected her congress, they reap seeds they sow, God help us !!!!

That was a really bad paste together video. She is in 2019, he is in the late 70's. Even a Millennial can see that.

However...those sexy red lips would look so good doing something other than flapping out bullshit. 

• Like 1

Congress and Senate have compromised a deal $1.375 billion for new fencing along the border, far short of the $5.7 billion Trump demanded for a wall. Trump either Accepts the Deal or Veto it shutting the Government and toss 800,000 Federal Workers to work for no pay again. The National Emergency he keeps threatening with will only get tied up in the Courts so that idea is a dead issue.

If Government Shuts down on Friday it will be another Nail in Trumps Political Coffin.