Nina & Kira General Chat Topic 2019 #1

6 hours ago, jouandomy said:

Home, sweet home!

Finally!  The Universe is now correct again.  They. Are.  EXHAUSTED.   Looking at cam-9, Nina is basically comatose, snuggled up tightly with Kira.  So adorable.  

Except Butch and Sundance are still MIA.  I assume returning tomorrow.  

Welcome home, sweet ladies, you were very much missed!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Le 5/22/2019 à 9:56 AM, Phil Madard a dit :

Does anybody got some pics or videos of DE? Thanks

Tu trouves une vidéo des filles en trio avec DE sur le net. C'est assez ancien mais ça doit encore exister.

6 hours ago, Fagen said:

They shaved one of the cats completely, except for the head, looks so weird, not sure why they did that.

Perhaps Nina wanted one of the cats to look like her?  I hope they don't color him pink!  😁 

The primary reason for what is called a "lion's mane" shave is because the hair has become extremely matted where regular brushing/combing would not help.  Other reasons are the cat is an extreme shedder, and through self-cleaning ends up producing hairballs regularly, which can damage the cat's digestive system.  Another reason is to help combat a flea infestation, but if that were the case here, both cats would be lion maned.  It can sometimes assist with keeping a human allergy-sufferer from having harsh allergy attacks, but again, if that were the case, both cats would/should be done.  Perhaps the other is scheduled at a later date.  

There are many reasons NOT to give a cat a lion's mane, such as thinking it will keep the cat cooler during hot months, because cats don't sweat through their skin, but I think N&K are quite feline-smart enough to know this.  

6 hours ago, sturmchaser said:

Perhaps Nina wanted one of the cats to look like her?  I hope they don't color him pink!  😁 

The primary reason for what is called a "lion's mane" shave is because the hair has become extremely matted where regular brushing/combing would not help.  Other reasons are the cat is an extreme shedder, and through self-cleaning ends up producing hairballs regularly, which can damage the cat's digestive system.  Another reason is to help combat a flea infestation, but if that were the case here, both cats would be lion maned.  It can sometimes assist with keeping a human allergy-sufferer from having harsh allergy attacks, but again, if that were the case, both cats would/should be done.  Perhaps the other is scheduled at a later date.  

There are many reasons NOT to give a cat a lion's mane, such as thinking it will keep the cat cooler during hot months, because cats don't sweat through their skin, but I think N&K are quite feline-smart enough to know this.  

Yesterday Nina has long brushed this cat and put the hair in a plastic bag and maybe for the analysis by a veterinarian.

4 hours ago, xanadu said:

Yesterday Nina has long brushed this cat and put the hair in a plastic bag and maybe for the analysis by a veterinarian.

Okay, thank you for that, I have been out of the loop for a weekend or so and did not see that.  Very interesting.  I keep watching for more clues!  I keep watching anything they do anyway.  😍  

• Like 1