Leora & Paul General Chat Topic 2019 #4

49 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

That's one hell of a vacation, Jimbo! Two months! Must be nice!
Feel like sharing where you're going? 😊

Yes it is nice and I feel lucky to be able to do it, I'm going to the island of Saint Lucia in the Windward Isles West Indies, first went there in 1984 and started to go there for the winter several years ago. Lovely people and weather, but everything comes at a cost....because of the poor WiFi out there, it is not possible to stream RLC, so I have to rely on CC to keep up to date with what The Little One is up to. But good food and drink and a mixture of convivial people both local and visitors tends to soften the hardship.😹

Knowing the way of the world, she will probably have Aunt Floe visiting the day I return. 😹😹 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jimbo4 said:

Yes it is nice and I feel lucky to be able to do it, I'm going to the island of Saint Lucia in the Windward Isles West Indies, first went there in 1984 and started to go there for the winter several years ago. Lovely people and weather, but everything comes at a cost....because of the poor WiFi out there, it is not possible to stream RLC, so I have to rely on CC to keep up to date with what The Little One is up to. But good food and drink and a mixture of convivial people both local and visitors tends to soften the hardship.😹

Knowing the way of the world, she will probably have Aunt Floe visiting the day I return. 😹😹 

Oh my two months you must be the CEO of a major 500 Corporation ( I think I got the right person this time )

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jimbo4 said:

That's a fantastic place! I don't know it as well as you, but I did get
to visit for a short time while on a two-week cruise back in the 70's.
It was was one of nine stops on the cruise. It was a photography
cruise, so the guest photographers and models were on board with
us. The photographers would give classes and guidance and the
models would pose for us on the islands. It was great!

Have you driven through the volcano? Or, taken a zip line tour? Have
you been to Diamond Falls? I love waterfalls. Are you a bird watcher?
There's a bird sanctuary in the rainforest. You've probably done all this
and much more. I didn't have time to do any of it, unfortunately.

Have a grand time. Do you leave soon or are you already there? Oh, I
meant to ask. have you thought about Internet access via satellite? I
don't know if it's available on the island, I'm just throwing it out there.
Good luck and have a relaxing time.

Edited by letsdothis

31 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

That's a fantastic place! I don't know it as well as you, but I did get
to visit for a short time while on a two-week cruise back in the 70's.
It was was one of nine stops on the cruise. It was a photography
cruise, so the guest photographers and models were on board with
us. The photographers would give classes and guidance and the
models would pose for us on the islands. It was great!

Have you driven through the volcano? Or, taken a zip line tour? Have
you been to Diamond Falls? I love waterfalls. Are you a bird watcher?
There's a bird sanctuary in the rainforest. You've probably done all this
and much more. I didn't have time to do any of it, unfortunately.

Have a grand time. Do you leave soon or are you already there? Oh, I
meant to ask. have you thought about Internet access via satellite? I
don't know if it's available on the island, I'm just throwing it out there.
Good luck and have a relaxing time.

I go on this coming Tuesday. 

Yes I have done the majority of the attractions you mentioned, although over the years things have changed, the sulpha springs at Sufrier is now a national park and you pay to get admitted, as is Pigeon Island in the north of the Island, but the Friday night "jumpup" street party still goes on at Gros Islets, and in addition to the annual Jazz Festival there is also the cricket Test Matches being played between England and The West Indies...which won't be of the slightest interest to my American cousins, the same as the  Super Bowl isn't  to most English people.

I don't think satellite access is available, but in some ways it's a blessing, at least I will appreciate The Little One more, and it defeats the object of having a holiday if you spend all the time looking at a laptop screen. But thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jimbo4 said:

I don't think satellite access is available, but in some ways it's a blessing, at least I will appreciate The Little One more, and it defeats the object of having a holiday if you spend all the time looking at a laptop screen. But thanks for the tip.

The "jumpup" and the Jazz Festival sound like fun, but you're right
about the cricket matches. Then again, I have no interest in the
Super Bowl, either, except maybe for the halftime show and some
of the commercials.

And, you very right about the satellite link. Safe trip.

• Like 1