BREX(SH)IT

16 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

No Country is.  Every Country you read about in the news is all fucked up.  The reason for that is because of incompetent Politicians.

Well, there are a few differences. Emmanuel Macron or Angela Merkel would never say such nonsense. Especially not on the world stage. 

Now let's just be honest. Johnson and Trump are nothing but populists. They encourage dissatisfaction (or even hate) and pretend to be able to solve these often non-existent problems with simple solutions. Such people only destroy what others have built instead of improving what doesn't work perfectly yet. 

BTW, No matter if there will be a "No deal BREXIT" or not. At some point there will be another trade agreement between the EU and the UK. It will be one that fits in with the EU's existing trade agreements (see examples below). 

FutureRelationshipSlide.png

GB only has to say what they really want. Europe is ultimately comparatively flexible in this respect. Only, there can not be a deal with a back door to the economic market. It is not possible for Northern Ireland to have open borders with no agreement. That should be clear to everyone. 

3 hours ago, BBsq69 said:

THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT PROCESS

I HAVE MADE THIS CLEAR ON A NUMBER OF OCCASIONS

THERE IS A EUROPEAN POLITICAL THREAD TO ARGUE ON

OR START YOUR OWN!

It makes no sense not to talk about the BREXIT and the parties involved in a BREXIT thread. 

Proposal on the matter: Maybe you just take part in the discussion and let the moderators moderate?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robwin said:

The last time I looked Brexit is about European issues so we shall continue to discuss whatever is relevant on here thankyou very much which will probably include the behaviour of politicians whatever their ilk. 👍 And you don't have to fucking shout either we are not blind lol

Clearly I do because you cannot get the message how often I repeat it which I have done several times.

I started this thread and was explicit about it what it was for

Perhaps you believe threads spring out of nowhere. There is a European Political Thread which people seem unable to see. I have deliberately tried to avoid the politics.

It is not my fault you can't understand that.

Please start a thread so I can corrupt that.

9 minutes ago, Alladino said:

It makes no sense not to talk about the BREXIT and the parties involved in a BREXIT thread. 

Proposal on the matter: Maybe you just take part in the discussion and let the moderators moderate?

I refer the honourable gentleman to my reply above. The mods did not start the thread, I did. There is another thread to discuss this.

20 minutes ago, Alladino said:

Well, there are a few differences. Emmanuel Macron or Angela Merkel would never say such nonsense. Especially not on the world stage. 

Now let's just be honest. Johnson and Trump are nothing but populists. They encourage dissatisfaction (or even hate) and pretend to be able to solve these often non-existent problems with simple solutions. Such people only destroy what others have built instead of improving what doesn't work perfectly yet. 

BTW, No matter if there will be a "No deal BREXIT" or not. At some point there will be another trade agreement between the EU and the UK. It will be one that fits in with the EU's existing trade agreements (see examples below). 

FutureRelationshipSlide.png

GB only has to say what they really want. Europe is ultimately comparatively flexible in this respect. Only, there can not be a deal with a back door to the economic market. It is not possible for Northern Ireland to have open borders with no agreement. That should be clear to everyone. 

That was mainly process - dipped very briefly into populism - but that was a good post.

4 minutes ago, BBsq69 said:

I refer the honourable gentleman to my reply above. The mods did not start the thread, I did. There is another thread to discuss this.

Sorry, i do not see it your way. 

In a brexit thread it must also be possible to say something about a brexit Populist, and i will continue so untill a moderator ask me not to do so. Thread creator != moderator.

So please, what is your opinion about Johnson?

2 minutes ago, BBsq69 said:

That was mainly process - dipped very briefly into populism - but that was a good post.

All this belongs together and influences each other. BREXIT is largely a result of populism. 

On 3/14/2019 at 11:58 PM, BBsq69 said:

If you have technical questions(*) to ask about what the fuck is going on in the House of Commons this week, I shall be happy to answer them.

* By which I mean what the votes mean, where we stand and why we are standing there, as opposed to any political discussion about the rights and wrongs of Brexit, although that does include a discussion of the political manoeuvering which is part of the explanation.

Original post

1 minute ago, BBsq69 said:

Read the European Political thread.

Brexit and Europe are one of the same problem and impossible to differentiate between the two. So why start a Brexit topic and say one is unable to include Europe in the discussion is beyond me. Does not compute.

7 minutes ago, BBsq69 said:

The golden irony is that Donald Tusk offered Teresa May a free trade deal fairly early on in the negotiations but amazingly she turned it down. How different things would be now had she had the wit to consider it. The other stunning fact is that the EU was relaxed about the Backstop but Robbins and May 'invented'

the issue. The DUP leader also confirms this. Teresa then tries to cover her tracks by saying 'No British PM could ever accept it.' Small wonder Robbins did a Cameron when the surrender treaty failed in the house.

1 minute ago, BBsq69 said:

Read the European Political thread.

Sorry. That's a little too silly for me.

Johnson is one of the triggers or amplifiers of the BREXIT process. There is currently no one else with a greater influence to the process. His ability or inability is part of BREXIT.

Again: All this belongs together and influences each other. BREXIT is largely a result of populism. 

Europe has many issues, even with only a few being discussed here. Johnson is PM just due to BREXIT. The whole thing can't be separated, it's one topic.

• Like 1