BREX(SH)IT

19 minutes ago, BBsq69 said:

Well who knows what is going on? The Conservative (Tory) - Labour talks are in deadlock. The House of Commons appears to be waiting for whatever happens with May. The House of Lords has voted that May must ask for an extension making it statute. May is asking for an extension anyway. She's hoping for June 30th - political point that this interferes with the social season of the Tories (Henley, Wimbledon, Lord's Test Match, Royal Ascot  ... and maybe even the Debutante's Ball) and that tends to upset the Tory grandees and there families - but - and this sentence it being to feel like Brexit - the Europeans are likely to have lost all faith that that is a realistic aim since she still is not compromising.

But what "really grinds their gears" is that the EU elections are coming up which means the people the UK will send are likely to hate Europe and the right wing of the Conservative party has said they should disrupt the European parliament - like 5 year old children - if elected or worse UKIP will be back who disrupt as a matter of course, all because of a failure of our PM, cabinet, government and parliament. Remember the EU have had no say in this. Ireland is a member of their club and of course they are going to support them rather than a nation that intends to leave as soon as it can find the right door. So they are already annoyed and I think just maybe they might push it another year tomorrow but then May has been unable to deliver.   

Yes it is all very sad really, the british public voted by a majority to leave this stinking shithole of a club that is being run by Germany, for Germany and dictated to by Germany. Germany is now accomplishing to do what it failed to do in two world wars and that is to rule over Europe and i hate to admit it but they are doing a fucking good job and in the process destroying most of the southern country's in Europe. Having a common curency with a fixed rate was never going to work for all country's with the strong country's just sucking the life out of the weaker ones and landing them in so much debt they will never be able to recover.

We were lied to when we joined in the 1975 referendum that it was only a common market, ie.... a trading organisation but since then it has been changed into an organisation whose leaders are non electable and are hell bent into making it a one union state ruled by unelected people. Eventually to have its own single taxation policy, defence policy, social policy and yes, even its own army for ALL country's. Remember in the referendum all these points were raised, especially the army, and the people were told not to be so stupid it will never happen. Now the EU are quite open about it and wanting it.

Nearly every country is slowly losing its cultural identity because of the free movement of people and yet they still want more of the same it is just so fucking stupid as to be unbelievable. The people of the UK have been so let down by our policital class and the establishment it just beggars belief and yet they just can not see the eventual outcome of this revolution which is what it is and i just do not understand it.

Many of my generation just wanted to be part of a trading organisation and to work with all country's in the spirit of friendliness and cooperation NOT to be ruled by a central body which in turn will just remove all freedoms we once have had and still have, just.

The british public have been let down by a prime minister who is so weak it is unbelievable and rolls over at the slightest pressure. I am just so thankful that i am of the age that i hopefully won't see the final outcome of all of this but our children and grandchildren certainly will for which i fear very much for their future as they certainly won't grow up in the country i know and love.

Robwin - this is about mechanism. We have the European Political thread to go political.

We are now leaving at Hallowe'en ... maybe. It could be earlier as there is some vague talk about having a reassessment on June 30th but will the pending EU elections concentrate minds to go even earlier? Maybe but I doubt it. It could be later but that seems unlikely.
There are people waiting for May to go and since her deal was rejected she may decide to stay until Xmas since technically the Conservative Party cannot call for another vote of no confidence before then. That promise to go did persuade many ... too political to talk about here ... but not the most fervent Brexiteers or the DUP. Nobody really knows how the talks between the 2 main parties are going. And outside the leadership it would be fair to say there is great suspicion that neither set of leaders represent the views of the MPs or the members.   

7 minutes ago, bluewinner said:

hopefully we will have a second referendum and this Brexit stupidity will be cancelled all together.  

They should have Voted to Dissolve the Monarchy instead.  Would have been a lot easier disposing of a Wrinkled Up Prune on a Throne.    :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

They should have Voted to Dissolve the Monarchy instead.  Would have been a lot easier disposing of a Wrinkled Up Prune on a Throne.    :biggrin:

Monarchy in its real term has died a long time ago, they have no real power. it is just a symbol and it does more good than harm for this country. 

5 hours ago, bluewinner said:

Monarchy in its real term has died a long time ago, they have no real power. it is just a symbol and it does more good than harm for this country. 

The UK Monarchy is a godsend. Over here, they create jobs and commerce every time they appear appear on the cover of a supermarket check-stand tabloid.

30 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

The UK Monarchy is a godsend. Over here, they create jobs and commerce every time they appear appear on the cover of a supermarket check-stand tabloid.

In Canada that's all their good for is the Tabloids.  Every time they visit the Taxpayer has to foot the bill for them.  They haven't learnt for over a Century when you Visit a Country Abroad, "Pay Your Own Way or Stay Home"   :biggrin:

The UK has Elizabeth II. Sweet old lady whose kids are generally assbites. She's disciplined and rational when she does to speak to her subjects.

But over here, we have Pelosi and Waters, who have the logical capacity of screaming banshees and spend far more of our citizen's money than the UK can shake a stick at.

• Like 1

Here's a fine example of the Pandering we get from our "leaders," only this one is aimed at the Irish instead of us US citizens. A refreshing change for us, but one that should not influence or interfere with either the UK or Ireland's decisions on the matter.

She speaks with forked tongue. It's pandering, and cannot be trusted.

WWW.EURONEWS.COM

"f the Brexit deal undermines the accord, there will be no chance of a U.S.-U.K. agreement," the US Speaker of the House said on Wednesday.

• Like 1

Going back to the subject: what's happening at the moment is that the House of Commons is having their Easter break and considering they basically have the whole of summer off until October one wonders why. They complain they don't have anything to debate because Brexit takes up all the time. Well how about NOW?!

Supposedly the Conservative and Labour parties are having talks about a consensus but we haven't heard anything about that recently.

10 minutes ago, BBsq69 said:

Going back to the subject: what's happening at the moment is that the House of Commons is having their Easter break and considering they basically have the whole of summer off until October one wonders why. They complain they don't have anything to debate because Brexit takes up all the time. Well how about NOW?!

Dammit, I came here to get away from US Politics. All of this sounds frighteningly familiar. Legislators only deal with raising taxes and limiting our freedom, then ignore the issues and focus on the usual crap to get campaign donations. Apparently, the apple does not fall from the tree, mate.

• Like 1