B1 Girls on Vacation - General Topic June #4

Il y a 2 heures, dontgetnone a dit :

Like I said there are many other reasons for incorporating.  

Suppliers and contractors are much more likely to schedule jobs faster and give more favorable prices to a corporation than John Doe.

Corporations can raise money for improvements and new acquisitions by selling stock rather than taking bank loans.  No interest.  I haven't had to do that yet but I could if needed.

I have employees, maintenance people, etc and the corp. pays their salaries and also provides health insurance and work comp for them which John Doe would pay a fortune for and the benefits guarantee I keep excellent employees with virtually no turnover. 

My attorney and my CPA could list several other reasons that I'm not thinking of at 6 am.  

It's nothing like offshore investing.  It's just good business sense.

If/when something happens to me the corporation goes on, just hiring a new CEO.  

Ah okay, so you have employees. I thought you registered a company just so to park assets, my bad.

So you are entrepreneur running legit business which employs people to work and keep the business going. Okay that makes obvious sense.

And if you are not hard up on cash, transferring/keeping most of your liquid assets in your company is actually fine.

And yes, as long as you have people you trust on the board, hiring a new CEO after you moved on to keep your business going should not be a problem 👍

1 minute ago, SierraTM said:

Ah okay, so you have employees. I thought you registered a company just so to park assets, my bad.

So you are entrepreneur running legit business which employs people to work and keep the business going. Okay that makes obvious sense.

And if you are not hard up on cash, transferring/keeping most of your liquid assets in your company is actually fine.

And yes, as long as you have people you trust on the board, hiring a new CEO after you moved on to keep your business going should not be a problem 👍

Every single thing is 100% legit.  My attorney and CPA make sure I walk a straight line.  It's all to protect me personally, the corporation and the employees.  It is a win win for everybody.  

Oh and I did exagerate a bit last night when I said my net worth wouldn't buy a case of Corona.  I do have assets totally apart from the corporation but I keep it small.  I get paid a salary as CEO but it's very small by my choice.  Grocery, gas, vacation, clothes money, etc. I obviously can't claim the corporation owns my underwear. 😁

10 hours ago, dontgetnone said:

Taxes is just a small part of it Sierra.  Everybody is sue happy these days.  If it's known that you have money you can bet your ass there will be a line of people trying to take it away from you.  I have nothing to take.  It's just smart business.  There are other advantages to the corporation owning everything that I won't go into but law suits is the biggie. 

Why didn't you become a LLC? No double Tax and your personal assets are secure like a Corp with a whole lot less red tape. You get all the benefits of a corporation with a whole lot less government regulations.   

I have always recommended this to my clients.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, bean1111 said:

Why didn't you become a LLC? No double Tax and your personal assets are secure like a Corp with a whole lot less red tape. You get all the benefits of a corporation with a whole lot less government regulations.   

I have always recommended this to my clients.

When I first got off the ground 22 years ago my attorney at the time and my CPA and myself closely looked at my short and long range goals and which organizational structure would work best for me.  There were pro's and con's to LLC's and corps but the ability to raise capital through selling stocks was one of the big reasons I went with a corp.  I know there were other factors like the ease of transfer of ownership if something happened to me that made incorporating a better option but I basically went with their recommendation and they both agreed that my goals would be better met by the corporation and I haven't regretted it for a moment.  

• Like 1

I want to say thank you to all of the remaining RLC Project Tenants.
Us, the Voyeurists, have a hell of an apetite for visual prurient interests. We can never get enough.
Them, the Exhibitionists, the remaining 6 couples + Masha & 12 girls on vacation are whats left of 24 (?) appartments of people.
I'm saying Thank You for all the energy you have to offer.
I realize you can't be Chipper & Active every hour of the day.
I watch every day, Thank You. Love from Arizona, USA.