B1 Girls on Vacation - General Topic June #4

2 minutes ago, dontgetnone said:

Good to hear.  I know you'll find the right one at the right price.  I'm closing on my 8th apartment building Wednesday morning.  I've been working on this one for over a month.  Getting rent history reports, building inspections, haggling over the price and a ton of other things but it's almost over and I got it at the price I first offered.  I wouldn't budge and I had all my ducks in a row to back up my offer.

you sound like a smart investor!  one thing i've learned over the years, is to always stick on the price you offered.  if it's not meant to be after you've done your homework, then it's not meant to be!!  cograts on your 8th apartment Don't!!

1 minute ago, HarleyFatboy said:

you sound like a smart investor!  one thing i've learned over the years, is to always stick on the price you offered.  if it's not meant to be after you've done your homework, then it's not meant to be!!  cograts on your 8th apartment Don't!!

Thanks much.  I'm going to call it quits with this one.  Remember the old tv show Eight Is Enough?  That works for me.  This will be my 8th building and bring my unit count up to 96.  

1 minute ago, dontgetnone said:

Not much we can do about it except scratch our heads and laugh it off.  But nobody will ever convince me it isn't views that determine it. 

what's funny to me is that you all think that when it's time to sleep that RLC has nobody monitoring the apartments for anything that happens.  that in itself is a reason to understand that somebody is monitoring RLC and that somebody can't be manipulating the top cam spot.  when i was a member, i've seen it too many times where what was top cam, should have been bottom cam.  what i mean by that is too many times i've seen it where an MT apartment/room was holding top cam and if it went by views that would never be the case unless you were someone like Noldus just waiting to post....so & so is home!

1 minute ago, dontgetnone said:

Thanks much.  I'm going to call it quits with this one.  Remember the old tv show Eight Is Enough?  That works for me.  This will be my 8th building and bring my unit count up to 96.  

you go by brother!!  i'm a flipper and not looking for anything that i have to manage......to each their own!!

Have a good nights sleep my friend!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HarleyFatboy said:

you go by brother!!  i'm a flipper and not looking for anything that i have to manage......to each their own!!

Have a good nights sleep my friend!

You as well.😀

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

What's funny Harley is that I own absolutely nothing. LOL   Everything is owned by my corporation.  Even the house I live in.  The corporation owns it and I rent it.  My car and truck are both owned by the corporation and made available to me as President and CEO.  My net worth wouldn't buy me a case of Corona. 😁  The smartest thing I ever did was get a Masters in Business Management with a major in  Entrepreneurship. 

• Like 1

il y a 58 minutes, dontgetnone a dit :

What's funny Harley is that I own absolutely nothing. LOL   Everything is owned by my corporation.  Even the house I live in.  The corporation owns it and I rent it.  My car and truck are both owned by the corporation and made available to me as President and CEO.  My net worth wouldn't buy me a case of Corona. 😁  The smartest thing I ever did was get a Masters in Business Management with a major in  Entrepreneurship. 

So your corporate tax is lower than your personal tax? Hence you align everything this way to pay less tax? Or was it because of some other concerns?

1 minute ago, SierraTM said:

So your corporate tax is lower than your personal tax? Hence you align everything this way to pay less tax? Or was it because of some other concerns?

Taxes is just a small part of it Sierra.  Everybody is sue happy these days.  If it's known that you have money you can bet your ass there will be a line of people trying to take it away from you.  I have nothing to take.  It's just smart business.  There are other advantages to the corporation owning everything that I won't go into but law suits is the biggie. 

• Like 1

Il y a 1 heure, dontgetnone a dit :

Taxes is just a small part of it Sierra.  Everybody is sue happy these days.  If it's known that you have money you can bet your ass there will be a line of people trying to take it away from you.  I have nothing to take.  It's just smart business.  There are other advantages to the corporation owning everything that I won't go into but law suits is the biggie. 

Ahh sounds like offshore investing to me, pretty similar characteristics and benefits. 

And perhaps if you happen to be facing a divorce down the road (just saying, strictly an example), you won't lose half to your spouse? :biggrin:

Well I don't have that many properties to be afraid of losing them but you do what works best for you 😊

Il y a 3 heures, dontgetnone a dit :

Not much we can do about it except scratch our heads and laugh it off.  But nobody will ever convince me it isn't views that determine it. 

It may not be, just like those "Sponsored Videos" you see on some video sites, RLC can do the same for their Replay (I am specifically referring to Replay & not Live).

Over my subscription period, which is less than 2 years, I am quite convinced they manipulate the Replay rankings to their liking.

Not sure about Live but Replay, yes. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

does she know that you watch RLC?

yes she does she has said that it ok .as long as I don't watch 24/7 so I just watch a few hours off and on a day rlc isn't my life. I like to restore old antique tractors and that takes a lot of time .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SierraTM said:

Ahh sounds like offshore investing to me, pretty similar characteristics and benefits. 

And perhaps if you happen to be facing a divorce down the road (just saying, strictly an example), you won't lose half to your spouse? :biggrin:

Well I don't have that many properties to be afraid of losing them but you do what works best for you 😊

Like I said there are many other reasons for incorporating.  

Suppliers and contractors are much more likely to schedule jobs faster and give more favorable prices to a corporation than John Doe.

Corporations can raise money for improvements and new acquisitions by selling stock rather than taking bank loans.  No interest.  I haven't had to do that yet but I could if needed.

I have employees, maintenance people, etc and the corp. pays their salaries and also provides health insurance and work comp for them which John Doe would pay a fortune for and the benefits guarantee I keep excellent employees with virtually no turnover. 

My attorney and my CPA could list several other reasons that I'm not thinking of at 6 am.  

It's nothing like offshore investing.  It's just good business sense.

If/when something happens to me the corporation goes on, just hiring a new CEO.  

• Like 1