Does Anyone Else Find RLC Boring Now? #1

tktoo

2 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

3 years ago me and Mrs Naga rented a git in France for a week in the summer. It was in a beautiful part of France, in the middle of nowhere. Little did we know that the owners, who were living next door, where Gregor Fisher (aka Rab C and his Mrs)...What a lovely couple, a far cry from his string vested character...They happened to be working on a new movie version of 'Whiskey Galore' with another coupla actors when we were there. We ended up playing Boule in their garden and drinking their wine 😁...

Hi Naga,well,well imagine that,what's the chances eh!!.Like most actors I suppose out of character they are completely different Being a Scot did he charge you for the wine😀

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Oh yes, love him, it certainly was a comedy era never to be repeated, we were lucky to be around then👍 The vicar,the bover boy etc etc 👍👍👍

And Kenny, what what can you say just brilliant. 

The Two Ronnie's!!Four candles,Fork Handles so funny👍😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Back in those days you could call them Bloomin' Limeys and everyone had a good laugh. Now you say that and others get offended saying it's racist.   

Yeah we all loved taking the piss out of each other, it was expected lol especially the Irish, you know green side up and all that 😂

Unfortunately that enjoyment has now been stamped on but I hope it will come back, many these days don't know what they were missing.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Yeah we all loved taking the piss out of each other, it was expected lol especially the Irish, you know green side up and all that 😂

Unfortunately that enjoyment has now been stamped on but I hope it will come back, many these days don't know what they were missing.

So true pal👍

• Like 1

Just now, Dave 27 said:

How's things with you and Guy are you ok.I assume you are both off work and on lockdown?

Hey Dave, all pretty good here. Hope all is well with you and you're family. I'm treated for depression and I feel a bout of it coming on. So if I sound anxious and grouchy sometime from now, that would explain it. Guy has a good shoulder. And good listening qualities that get me through it. Take care. Have a good evening!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ashleyxyz said:

Hey Dave, all pretty good here. Hope all is well with you and you're family. I'm treated for depression and I feel a bout of it coming on. So if I sound anxious and grouchy sometime from now, that would explain it. Guy has a good shoulder. And good listening qualities that get me through it. Take care. Have a good evening!

You take care and a speedy recovery👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

So true pal👍

All the comedians these days can't seem to get a laugh without inserting many fucks in it as which strange as it may seem I just don't find funny. All the past era ones never ever swore apart from an odd bloody here and there.

The double edged inuendo's were the best as it all depended on your mindset lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robwin said:

All the comedians these days can't seem to get a laugh without inserting many fucks in it as which strange as it may seem I just don't find funny. All the past era ones never ever swore apart from an odd bloody here and there.

The double edged inuendo's were the best as it all depended on your mindset lol.

Do you remember Russ Abbot's Fun House?.The sketch I remember was he was about to be beheaded and someone offered him a book to read and quick as a flash he said "just put it in the basket and I'll read it later.Corny but funny as hell and as you say swearing wasn't necessary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

Hi Naga,well,well imagine that,what's the chances eh!!.Like most actors I suppose out of character they are completely different Being a Scot did he charge you for the wine😀

I'm surprised he didn't because I won lol! I thought he'd be sinking pints of Heavy with Glenfiddich chasers 😏...but he appears to be French and more refined since I last saw him on the TV, and likes his red wine..😁