Get rid of and close the Rants & Flame wars section

jabbath1987

Get rid of and close the Rants & Flame wars section  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should we get rid of and close the Rants & Flame wars section

• Yes, close it.
    • No, leave it open.

And that Dave, was my reasoning for posting, "get out and exercise and enjoy the fresh air'. I know there are people here that are housebound. They usually make it known. Then there are others that no matter the time of day or night you look in here, they are on the board. These are the ones that live and breathe this BS. 

Anyone that averages 30+ posts per day has no life at all. That average is computed over a 7 day week. Put down the phone, shut off the laptop or tablet and get a clue about what life is about already. Go watch the grass grow. Lay in the grass and stare up at the sky. This place will make you a miserable person if you sit all day and beat on the keyboard to others just like you. They are miserable too, just like you. You need to get away. And I mention no names. "You" know who you are.

Later...I'm going to cruise my convertible and watch the sunrise then stop and have breakfast wherever I end up with my wife. 😋

I'm surely not going to waste the day sitting inside reading about cam whores. At least they get out and go clubbing/trolling for their next 'john'. LOL!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

Anyone that averages 30+ posts per day has no life at all. That average is computed over a 7 day week. Put down the phone, shut off the laptop or tablet and get a clue about what life is about already. Go watch the grass grow. Lay in the grass and stare up at the sky. This place will make you a miserable person if you sit all day and beat on the keyboard to others just like you.

i have to agree.

Spending so much time on CC  is not good. Real life is more important than peeping people through a web browser

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

More sad than funny really. Kinda like laughing at a heroin addict if you think about it. So funny! Not really. If I knew then what I know now, I would have never created an account here. 

The only time I ever got away from it was when I was Hospitalized for a week back in 2015. But the whole time I was away from it, it sure wasn't far from my mind.  I wasn't even a Moderator back then. I was just like everyone else. Log In and Post.

2 hours ago, Amy3 said:

I fully admit that I have been over the top on CC. I know (knew) way too much about it. You really have no idea how deep I got myself into it. For as many posts that I have 30+ daily average, I have an equal amount in PMs and Twiiter DMs, if not more. I'm a poster child for how bad this addiction can get. And yes, with that came a lot of bad things that impacted my real life. I quite literally had to destroy myself to make it out this far. I try to quit being here just about everyday. It became very hard to give up something that had become so entrenched in my daily life. A place where I could be the real me inside of my head, Amy. But, I was not only wasting my life, I was damaging my life. I actually developed an anxiety disorder and suffered chronic insomnia from being here. When I make these kinds of comments, like "wasting your life" a common reaction is to say that I take it too seriously and that I should just have fun. To me that's like telling an alcoholic to drink in moderation. It just doesn't work all that well, not for me anyways. I drink to get wasted and I won't stop until I've wrecked myself on the floor. But, for the people, like yourself, who seems to have this all under control, I have no issues with that but I do have to worry. Have fun and enjoy it in moderation, but for those who are spending every other minute of their life checking CC and following the ins and outs of 35+ apts, I would say, yes, you are indeed wasting your life. You can't do that in moderation. It takes a committed effort to be that person. 

Here's my analogy. Imagine CC is a bar. It's one thing for someone to stop in after work and have a beer with some friends and then go home to the family. It's another thing to sit in the bar all day and interact with everyone and every new group of people who comes though the door. Surely, if that person were your son, for example, you wouldn't consider that to be a healthy, productive, life, and that it's no one's place to ruin his fun with such talk of wasting his life. 

I will cede the argument about people with severe disabilities to a point, who for them this may be a significant outlet for expression and camraderie, but I think even for them to sit in a bar all day doing nothing really but socializing with random people would still be a waste for their time. I mean to say if they were doing it for a large amount of their time all day. Surely there's a more meaningful, fulfilling existence than just that.

I challenge you all too not check on CamCaps for a single day. Can you do it? How hard was it not to peek and what does that mean to you? 

❤️

Thanks very much for your understanding,measured,respectful reply Amy.👍