Middle East War Reporting

itsme

1 minute ago, bluewinner said:

what do you read in Canada ?

I live 35 miles from the border...I am able to watch all four evening news casts each night and I do.  I see MSNBC, FOX and CNN.  I also watch Bloomburg. I guarantee that nobody 35 miles from my house on the other side of the border bothers to watch our news.  They live in a big self absorbed bubble.  So be it.  For fun, i watch the BBC news and ITV every night.  I watched your election night coverage till the wee hours.  I was giddy over it...lol.  As well I watch the CBC and CTV news here in Canada.  We have three national newspapers here in Canada.  I read them all.  One is left one is slightly less left and one is slightly conservative.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

Then again, when I'm in the US, I see americans reading the USA today for their news.  I want to puke.

When it comes to the mainstream media in the US ( tv , radio, newspapers, magazines) it's all the same. In fact, most of them use the same sources for their stories.

2 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

When it comes to the mainstream media in the US ( tv , radio, newspapers, magazines) it's all the same. In fact, most of them use the same sources for their stories.

The problem is that the US is so isolated, yet wants and does run the world.  Because you are so isolated from the rest of the world, you vote without any regard.  People in the US have no understanding of anything outside of their border.  I know I'm generalizing, but the rest of the world gets up in arms when you elect idiots like Trump and Obama.

11 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Again, what publications do you read and what US political shows do you watch for your political info about the US? Why will you not answer that question?

I read the intercept, Politico, Wall street Journal , NY times, etc. and for TV  it's mostly stuff from youtube, clips from all major news corporation and the independent media. 

10 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

Then again as the world statesman that you claim to be...you would know what publications are in Canada right?   lol

haha... I do not claim to be the world statesman lol . I am just interested in news and politics, that's all. 

Just now, maxfactor said:

The problem is that the US is so isolated, yet wants and does run the world.  Because you are so isolated from the rest of the world, you vote without any regard.  People in the US have no understanding of anything outside of their border.  I know I'm generalizing, but the rest of the world gets up in arms when you elect idiots like Trump and Obama.

But Trump is not an idiot. Trump is probably thirty times more intelligent than anyone else in Washington D.C. He knew exactly what he was doing when he took out the Iranian terrorist general. It was not a spare of the moment decision as the news media has try to portray it, but instead was a well calculated move intended to send a message to the mullah's and the other thugs around the world that if you kill American citizens this is what will happen to you. And that we will not kill low level people, but instead will go after the leaders who plan and order terrorist attacks.   

6 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

But Trump is not an idiot. Trump is probably thirty times more intelligent than anyone else in Washington D.C. He knew exactly what he was doing when he took out the Iranian terrorist general. It was not a spare of the moment decision as the news media has try to portray it, but instead was a well calculated move intended to send a message to the mullah's and the other thugs around the world that if you kill American citizens this is what will happen to you. And that we will not kill low level people, but instead will go after the leaders who plan and order terrorist attacks.   

I happen to agree...I like Trump's honesty.  I like people who tell the truth and are not agenda driven.  Obama, while seemingly a nice guy and well spoken was a media and celebrity sensation.  He was terrible for Canada and set our economy back years by not approving those pipelines.  At the same time he was approving other pipelines every day while maintaining his persona as some kind of environmentalist.  Trump...well he just bulldosed his way through NAFTA and other trade agreements without consideration.  He helped trudeau get re-elected again.  

12 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Again, what publications do you read and what US political shows do you watch for your political info about the US? Why will you not answer that question?

Hi Ridge, I read a lot of your posts on this forum, and a lot of other friends on CC. by the time I catch up Its late and I dont have time to respond as I have in the past. I think we agree on many issues. Our media here for the most part are propaganda arms for our 2 rotten, corrupt, evil parties. Everything is  mostly slanted one way or the other. Not only on what they report, but what they dont report, which is really more important. It's hard to watch or read much that is just pure news, with " reporters" "reporting" stories and what's happening without their opinions getting mixed in. It's bad and I watch very little on cable news. It's just a bad joke.

8 minutes ago, bluewinner said:

I read the intercept, Politico, Wall street Journal , NY times, etc. and for TV  it's mostly stuff from youtube, clips from all major news corporation and the independent media. 

So except for the Wall Street Journal, mostly left wing publications. Do you watch any conservative independent media or just left wing independent media?  If you watch  Youtube and are such a fan of Bernie Sanders, how did you miss Bernie's speech where he said he would try to put fossil fuel executives in prison for committing crimes against the climate if he were elected president? 

4 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

Hi Ridge, I read a lot of your posts on this forum, and a lot of other friends on CC. by the time I catch up Its late and I dont have time to respond as I have in the past. I think we agree on many issues. Our media here for the most part are propaganda arms for our 2 rotten, corrupt, evil parties. Everything is  mostly slanted one way or the other. Not only on what they report, but what they dont report, which is really more important. It's hard to watch or read much that is just pure news, with " reporters" "reporting" stories and what's happening without their opinions getting mixed in. It's bad and I watch very little on cable news. It's just a bad joke.

Sadly, what you say is very true. The reporting of news is slanted by the political agenda of the people reporting it. Very little pure factual news reported anymore.

1 hour ago, maxfactor said:

By the way ...how is the NHS doing in the UK?  It's supplemented by private HC.  In other words...if you don't like the NHS, you can go to a private hospital.  Hardly an endorsement for the NHS...lol

The NHS is doing fine thanks for all who need and use it, may I add, for free. Yes if you can afford to go private, which is the same the world over, you have the freedom to do what you like. But for 99% of the uk population the NHS is free for all when needed.