Middle East War Reporting

itsme

5 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Just watching the news now on tele and guess what Iran's reaction is now. Yep you may have guessed it, shouts of revenge,revenge and more revenge. It's just a never ending cycle of violence. Will it ever end is any body's guess but it sure ain't looking imminent 🙄.

But you are missing the point of why the general was killed. The Iranian general was in Iraq to help plan an attack on our embassy in Baghdad to kill our diplomats to recreate what happened in Benghazi. He was killed to help prevent those attacks from taking place.

2 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

But you are missing the point of why the general was killed. The Iranian general was in Iraq to help plan an attack on our embassy in Baghdad to kill our diplomats to recreate what happened in Benghazi. He was killed to help prevent those attacks from taking place.

Well I do not know all the facts yet but when this is the case it can be deemed an act of self defense covered by the UN Charter chapter 52

11 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Oh dear. Sorry for you had to be there (Vietnam war) Many could not handled it and failed in life after their return. 

It was a civil war that we should have never been involved in, but the Chinese and Soviets should have never been involved there either. And who was it that got us involved there? It was the beloved Democrats' John Kennedy and Lyndon B.Johnson that got us into that war, and it was actually the hated Richard Nixon who got us out of Vietnam. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

It was a civil war that we should have never been involved in, but the Chinese and Soviets should have never been involved there either. And who was it that got us involved there? It was the beloved Democrats' John Kennedy and Lyndon B.Johnson that got us into that war, and it was actually the hated Richard Nixon who got us out of Vietnam. 

The French were there too before. And they also failed...

2 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

As has been said it's just a never ending cycle of violence now with each one blaming the other for actions most of the time haven't even taken place yet. Until someone has the guts to say enough is enough this will go on forever to perhaps obliteration. People spilling their guts out on bloody Twitter doesn't help either. This really is a fucked up world now and to be honest I can't see anyway out unless some one or more than one leader had the guts to stand up and be counted. When you think of all the people and familys that have been sacrificed on the altar of idealism it's just bloody criminal. But then that's the human race for you always wanting to dominate others. Sad eh, meanwhile it will just continue tit for tat.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

The French were there too before. And they also failed...

So were the Japanese in WW II, and numerous times in the history of Vietnam they kicked out the Chinese.  Vietnam is now Communist, but the Vietnamese people are Vietnamese before they are Communists, and now China is screwing with them again.

4 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

I don't expect that the U.S. will attack inside the borders of Iran either, unless a direct attack from Iran on American citizens or one of our allies takes place. But I think the leaders of Iran are too cowardly for a direct attack. What I expect them to do is to conduct a terrorist attack on innocent civilians through one of their proxy groups.

Trump won't start another conflict.  He campaigned on ending the wars and bringing the troops home.  To get into another conflict now and he'll suffer in November 2020.

12 hours ago, jabbath1987 said:

Well every country has the right to defend itself when its borders or airspace get violated. 

The USA won't attack Iran as they know the casualties they have to take to win are too high. 

Besides that I don't think they will get a mandate of the United Nations for it. 

Iran will just drone more Saudi Oil Fields or burn more Embassies.