Alisa (2019) Part #1

1 minute ago, jabbath1987 said:

Same in Germany 👍

I lived in an Apartment many years ago where the Landlord wouldn't fix many things. The Apartment had lots of issues so I withheld the Rent until these things got fixed.  The things never got fixed so I lived 6 Months Rent Free before I got a Notice from the Rent Tribunal for a hearing.  I never went to the hearing as it was in Toronto some 150 Miles away. By not showing up the Landlord had enough to garner his eviction by order of the Sherriff to serve me with a Notice of 7 Days to leave. In the meantime I saved all the money the Landlord never got which was about $4,000 so I had enough saved to go out First and Last Months Rent on another Apartment to get into within the 7 Days.  $1,400 First and Last Months Rent and $400 for a Moving Company to transfer my belongings from Point A to B. I still had $2,200 in my Pocket. Even though the Tribunal said I had to pay the Landlord the Money for back Rent I still never payed.  The most the Landlord can do is let a Collection Agency try and recover his lost rent.  The most that happened was I got a Bad Credit Rating over it which is no big deal.  I pay Cash or use a Debit Card for everything I buy.  The Landlord simply got stiffed for the Rent and all utilities I used since it was inclusive.

I would never go through that process again I am to old to start playing those games again with landlords.  Places to live are not as much in abundance today as they were back in my younger days.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I lived in an Apartment many years ago where the Landlord wouldn't fix many things. The Apartment had lots of issues so I withheld the Rent until these things got fixed.  The things never got fixed so I lived 6 Months Rent Free before I got a Notice from the Rent Tribunal for a hearing.  I never went to the hearing as it was in Toronto some 150 Miles away. By not showing up the Landlord had enough to garner his eviction by order of the Sherriff to serve me with a Notice of 7 Days to leave. In the meantime I saved all the money the Landlord never got which was about $4,000 so I had enough saved to go out First and Last Months Rent on another Apartment to get into within the 7 Days.  $1,400 First and Last Months Rent and $400 for a Moving Company to transfer my belongings from Point A to B. I still had $2,200 in my Pocket. Even though the Tribunal said I had to pay the Landlord the Money for back Rent I still never payed.  The most the Landlord can do is let a Collection Agency try and recover his lost rent.  The most that happened was I got a Bad Credit Rating over it which is no big deal.  I pay Cash or use a Debit Card for everything I buy.  The Landlord simply got stiffed for the Rent and all utilities I used since it was inclusive.

I would never go through that process again I am to old to start playing those games again with landlords.  Places to live are not as much in abundance today as they were back in my younger days.  :biggrin:

Ahahaha. Well as a landlord you must see your only responsibility is not too collect the rent but also to make sure everything is nice and fine in your appartements. 

4 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

There are less rental properties now, people are not investing on rental property as they used to cause it's harder to make a profit 

• Upvote 1

Just now, jabbath1987 said:

Ahahaha. Well as a landlord you must see your only responsibility is not too collect the rent but also to make sure everything is nice and fine in your appartements. 

It was the going thing back in the day.  The Rent Tribunal Board was so busy it takes Months to get Tenants Evicted. There's not a thing a Landlord can do.  They can't changed your locks, enter your premises or remove any belongings until they have gone through the proper process.  If they do then the Tenant being evicted can Sue the Landlord.  

The Apartment I live in now the Landlord has no worries.  The Rent is only $149 a Month and that is Directly sent to the Landlord from the Monthly Disability Payment I receive. It's only subtracted from my Benefit I receive.  I'm in my Senior Years and have a Roof over my head so I am quite happy.