US General Domestic Politics #3

President Trump claimed Sunday that his tweets are sufficient notice to Congress of any possible U.S. military strike on Iran, in an apparent dismissal of his obligations under the War Powers Act of 1973.

Trump’s declaration, which comes two days after his administration launched a drone strike that killed top Iranian military commander Qasem Soleimani, was met with disbelief and ridicule from congressional Democrats, who called on the president to respect the role of the legislative branch in authorizing new military action abroad.

“These Media Posts will serve as notification to the United States Congress that should Iran strike any U.S. person or target, the United States will quickly & fully strike back, & perhaps in a disproportionate manner,” Trump tweeted from his Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Fla., late Sunday afternoon. “Such legal notice is not required, but is given nevertheless!” 

There is a lot this Fucking Deranged man needs to learn. A Twitter Feed is not Sufficient Notice.    There is a Process that needs to be followed an you are no exception to the ruling Dictator Donald. 

• Like 2

• StnCld316 changed the title to US General Domestic Politics #3
  • StnCld316 pinned this topic
On 1/6/2020 at 1:29 AM, StnCld316 said:

President Trump claimed Sunday that his tweets are sufficient notice to Congress of any possible U.S. military strike on Iran, in an apparent dismissal of his obligations under the War Powers Act of 1973.

Trump’s declaration, which comes two days after his administration launched a drone strike that killed top Iranian military commander Qasem Soleimani, was met with disbelief and ridicule from congressional Democrats, who called on the president to respect the role of the legislative branch in authorizing new military action abroad.

“These Media Posts will serve as notification to the United States Congress that should Iran strike any U.S. person or target, the United States will quickly & fully strike back, & perhaps in a disproportionate manner,” Trump tweeted from his Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Fla., late Sunday afternoon. “Such legal notice is not required, but is given nevertheless!” 

There is a lot this Fucking Deranged man needs to learn. A Twitter Feed is not Sufficient Notice.    There is a Process that needs to be followed an you are no exception to the ruling Dictator Donald. 

Let's go back in history just a little ways---President Obama also did not notify Congress when he authorized the operation against Bin Laden-only the National Security Council was consulted because he did not want to 

jeopardize the mission/  Here is why he and this is why Trump also did not notify Congress

Under U.S. law

Following the attacks of September 11, 2001, the U.S. Congress passed the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists, which authorized the President to use "necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons" he determines were involved in the attacks.[182] The Obama administration justified its use of force by relying on that resolution, as well as international law set forth in treaties and customary laws of war.[183]

You my friend are reading too much Democrat and left leaning news media propaganda without finding out the facts yourself-so you have a lot to learn-Dictator Donald as you called him followed precedent as set forth under the rule of law.

• Like 3

Le 1/6/2020 à 5:29 PM, StnCld316 a dit :

I dislike Trump but to be fair to him, if this is done by any other US President other than Trump, the backlash would not be as bad as it is right now.

This Iranian general was considered to be taken out during Obama's time but Obama thought the consequences of taking him out outweighed the benefits.

If Trump had a proper by-the-book media declaration, use a softer but serious tone and picked his words carefully, he would not have face such a backlash domestically. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, SierraTM said:

I dislike Trump but to be fair to him, if this is done by any other US President other than Trump, the backlash would not be as bad as it is right now.

This Iranian general was considered to be taken out during Obama's time but Obama thought the consequences of taking him out outweighed the benefits.

If Trump had a proper by-the-book media declaration, use a softer but serious tone and picked his words carefully, he would not have face such a backlash domestically. 

If this drags America into another War then Trump will suffer defeat come November Elections.  He made a pledge to stop the wars not start them.

Anyways everyone's going to pay a price.  The Gasoline Prices have started to increase and they'll keep going up as long as this thing continues. If the Gas rises the price on all Goods & Service purchased will increase as well. Governments give Tax Breaks with the right hand and they Taketh it back with the left hand.  Happy New Year everyone.

My eyes are getting ready to close so I am off to get some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's.

On 1/7/2020 at 5:31 AM, SierraTM said:

You are so wrong on so many points.  First, you nullify your initial point by your own statements at the end.  By your own admission, he didn't do it properly, hence the reason for the backlash.   Secondly, Any other president would have had the common sense not to do it in the first place.  Taking out a high ranking official in this manner within the boarders of a sovereign nation is considered an act of war and there is a significant chance this will lead to another prolonged war in the middle east, far worse than any previous one.  Trump didn't do this for the security of our nation as he would like you to believe.  This General was not an imminent threat.  Trump did this to distract from his ongoing impeachment and to improve his political standing as the election nears. I believe it will prove to be a significant miscalculation.  Starting a new war in the Middle East negates his promise to end all of the ongoing wars there and I believe has the potential to lead us into a quagmire that could ultimately involve China and Russia as well.  A war involving 3 nuclear powers and a potential fourth one, I think moves the doomsday clock closer to midnight than ever before.  Rising gas prices will be the least of our problems.  Happy New Year indeed!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, p4design said:

You are so wrong on so many points.  First, you nullify your initial point by your own statements at the end.  By your own admission, he didn't do it properly, hence the reason for the backlash.   Secondly, Any other president would have had the common sense not to do it in the first place.  Taking out a high ranking official in this manner within the boarders of a sovereign nation is considered an act of war and there is a significant chance this will lead to another prolonged war in the middle east, far worse than any previous one.  Trump didn't do this for the security of our nation as he would like you to believe.  This General was not an imminent threat.  Trump did this to distract from his ongoing impeachment and to improve his political standing as the election nears. I believe it will prove to be a significant miscalculation.  Starting a new war in the Middle East negates his promise to end all of the ongoing wars there and I believe has the potential to lead us into a quagmire that could ultimately involve China and Russia as well.  A war involving 3 nuclear powers and a potential fourth one, I think moves the doomsday clock closer to midnight than ever before.  Rising gas prices will be the least of our problems.  Happy New Year indeed!

You are anti Trump and this post is obvious by it's content.  It's not that any other president would have the common sense to take out this terrorist, it is that they didn't have the fortitude to stand up to them.  The General was not in his own sovereign nation of Iran--he was in Iraq--and what is your proof that he was not an imminent threat (according to sources, we had intelligence indicating otherwise).  This act of eliminating one of the most egregious terrorists on this planet will not start a new war with Iran-they know better than to challenge the US military and to mess with the first US president since Reagan who believes in peace through strength.  . 

2 hours ago, p4design said:

Wow p4, a little dramatic what your rattling on about. What's the right way to kill a murderous terrorist? Your only choices of the US backing down to Iran or full out hot war are dubious at best, and ridiculous at worst.

My wish would be for my country to pull out of all the countries were involved in that aren't a true national threat. But I'm not in charge, so allowing this animal to continue his killing of Americans and in fact Iranians is now over.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

Wow p4, a little dramatic what your rattling on about. What's the right way to kill a murderous terrorist? Your only choices of the US backing down to Iran or full out hot war are dubious at best, and ridiculous at worst.

My wish would be for my country to pull out of all the countries were involved in that aren't a true national threat. But I'm not in charge, so allowing this animal to continue his killing of Americans and in fact Iranians is now over.

The best thing for all Nations that have Troops over in the Middle East is to pull them all out and just guard their own Borders of their Homeland. Then when all these Countries in the Middle East decide to go at one another then let them be. The sooner they take each other out of the Gene Pool the better off all other Nations will be.  It will be a Win for everyone.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, StnCld316 said:

The best thing for all Nations that have Troops over in the Middle East is to pull them all out and just guard their own Borders of their Homeland. Then when all these Countries in the Middle East decide to go at one another then let them be. The sooner they take each other out of the Gene Pool the better off all other Nations will be.  It will be a Win for everyone.

Hey Stn, agree 100%. 

• Upvote 1

• StnCld316 locked and unpinned this topic