Name that song...

HarleyFatboy

4 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

Hi Harley,Do you think a "give us a clue"function might add a bit of fun.When you think of all the songs there are even if you gave in and Googled  the chances are you might still not get the answer.

For instance Slender man got my one Basket case Green Day pretty quick but say after a while no one got it I could have said"the band has colour in it's name or the song title has an implement for carrying fruit in it.I'm leaving myself open here but it's just a thought.

I'm sorry I'm slow to respond, I haven't been feeling well lately and just didn't have the energy.

As for providing a clue, I think that is a great idea especially for some songs.  My son and I play this game every time we are on the road to the country or just driving around and there are times that both of us have to give each other clues which is understandable due to the different music genres.  He loves all of the music I grew up with and a lot of music he has grown up with.....Korn, Linkin Park, Tool, Rammstein, etc., etc., etc..  Even though I may have heard some of the music he likes from his era, I'm not up on all the song names and clues sometimes help and sometimes not lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

Hi Harley,Do you think a "give us a clue"function might add a bit of fun.When you think of all the songs there are even if you gave in and Googled  the chances are you might still not get the answer.

For instance Slender man got my one Basket case Green Day pretty quick but say after a while no one got it I could have said"the band has colour in it's name or the song title has an implement for carrying fruit in it.I'm leaving myself open here but it's just a thought.

@Dave 27 No offence but that was pretty easy, but certain ones are not so easy and could take some without looking them up to get them.

6 minutes ago, Slender Man said:

Moon River by Frank Sinatra.

Lyrics: Here comes some action.

The original Moon River was sung by Audrey Hepburn for Breakfast at Tiffany's -Jerry Butler charted the song in December 1961.-Probably the most recognized was sung by Andy Williams-which became his signature song, although Frank Sinatra did include it in his album "Days of Wine and Roses"--it was also sung by Johnny Mathis as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, happyone said:

The original Moon River was sung by Audrey Hepburn for Breakfast at Tiffany's -Jerry Butler charted the song in December 1961.-Probably the most recognized was sung by Andy Williams-which became his signature song, although Frank Sinatra did include it in his album "Days of Wine and Roses"--it was also sung by Johnny Mathis as well. 

You learn something new every day. 😀

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

HI Ash, I'm good great to hear from you, still working hard I guess?. Are you and Guy saving hard to get your own pad?. 

As for my "idea" well the problem is that the real music buffs among us don't need a clue(i don't include myself BTW) but for the less well informed it could be quite amusing.This music quiz idea of Harley's is a welcome bit of light relief away from some of the hardcore politics, character assassination's and general nastiness that can go on.Anyway great to hear from you Ash. 

PS:Do you realise that nearly a year has passed since you and some others were asking me stuff about Burn's day here. That really helped me get over my nerves on even sending a post to anyone. It meant a lot to me. 👍

Hi Dave, were both making a killing with overtime. I'm exhausted though, getting burned out. That Burns Day discussion was a year ago?! Ok, here we go with the haggis, and the sCRAPPle and all of the vile stuff we call comfort food.  By the way. I was the same way when I first came on here, was reluctant to say too much, but there's a lot of good hearted fun people you find out on here. Thx for being my friend!

• Like 3