Leora - General Chat Topic 2020 January #4

happyone

9 minutes ago, Nicholas said:

I know most folks have always referred to the little pooch as Eva, but I'm certain that the lady always, and even her companion every once in a while, used to call her Yvonne or Evonne.

In Russian it probably sounds like Yvonne but I am almost sure it is Eva. I could be wrong.

12 minutes ago, Nicholas said:

I know most folks have always referred to the little pooch as Eva, but I'm certain that the lady always, and even her companion every once in a while, used to call her Yvonne or Evonne.

1 minute ago, Pepe said:

In Russian it probably sounds like Yvonne but I am almost sure it is Eva. I could be wrong.

I was the one that perpetrated that Yvonne Nick. I have since learned that she is Eva. It sounds like Yvonne but Pepe is likely correct.

2 minutes ago, jugghead said:

I was the one that perpetrated that Yvonne Nick. I have since learned that she is Eva. It sounds like Yvonne but Pepe is likely correct.

We could just back to calling her scooter as we used to do in the old days before we learned her name... Are we even sure we no the dogs real name?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Nicholas said:

I agree that is what we were hearing. More nearly Ye vonne. Just checking Bing for correct pronunciation  of Eva in Russian.  It is pronounced with  Nyeva sound. 

Eva was/is for lack of a better reason was her given nickname.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scutus said:

I agree that is what we were hearing. More nearly Ye vonne. Just checking Bing for correct pronunciation  of Eva in Russian.  It is pronounced with  Nyeva sound. 

Eva was/is for lack of a better reason was her given nickname.

I know some thought she was calling her yeba.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jugghead said:

I don't know anything about anyone perpetrating anything concerning what the pooch was called, just that it always sounded like she and he were saying Yvonne or Evonne whenever they called her name, to me as well as several other friends who were subscribers as well back then. Whichever it was Yvonne or Evonne, it always sounded like definite pronunciations of n's at the end. But Yvonne, Evonne, or Eva, whichever, she is not with the lady currently and I'm sure she misses her.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pepe said:

I know some thought she was calling her yeba.

Alittle Russian one -o-one. English E is pronounced ye.  The English letter B, is the Russian V,  The English A, is pronounced  Ah.

Come to your own conclusions. 

• Like 2