The Ugly Truth...

HarleyFatboy

10 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

When they get to be 60 or more they'll be well versed in how it's done.  :biggrin:

When I was a kid my mum made pancakes,scones,cupcakes etc,etc and I learned how to make these things cos she let me help with the promise of if I done good I would get to lick the bowl and spoon when we were finished.😀😀

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/27/2020 at 8:03 PM, HarleyFatboy said:

I was sitting at the dining room table a short while ago eating some left over spaghetti and thinking about what I wasn't getting from the forum anymore.  Years and years ago when I first found RLC and CC,  I was getting enjoyment from both, but in todays time it's just not the same.  RLC is definitely not the same and CC has changed quite drastically.  Has RLC changed because of CC, or has CC changed because of RLC?  I can honestly say that in the last year I haven't read anything, been told anything, or seen what little I could find on the web or have been shared with, that would make me want to subscribe to RLC.  Are you all seeing the final countdown of RLC, has it just become one big LOOP,  or is RLC patiently waiting for some kind of new rollout?  The ugly truth seems to be the lack of interesting posts and more and more posts just to pass some time away!

Anyway, the leftover spaghetti was awesome!!

Hi. All forums are the same. The more these sites changed, the more people lost interest. Sure they are still getting subscriptions, but how many long term members have moved on because of the way these sites are now. Not even close to reality and nothing more than daily sex shows. RLC being in the state it is, is no enjoyment and doesn't help forums either. As long as they still have Leora and the Barcelona apartments they won't fold or change because they are making money.

• Like 2

Or in other words you need someone like me to come back here on a regular basis to stir up the pot?...:biggrin::biggrin:

Well Done Thumbs Up GIF by Saturday Night Live

On 1/27/2020 at 7:21 PM, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Personally, I find the foods that Italian Americans have promulgated to be excellent. Even the left overs. I always feel at a loss, however, without slightly toasty garlic bread and a healthy amount of red wine to go with it.

If I were not a mod, I would hang out more often at Old Dudes, discussing the finer things of life with our old friends.

As for RLC --- I have always liked the tenants, but find the management a bit hostile to all things Camcaps. At least VHTV has worked with us, and they have prospered, so we have that. We just just need more humor in the threads since we're all here to have fun.

Hopefully, we will get some playful and creative posters here in the near future. (Otherwise, we might need to invent them ourselves!!! 😁)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, euromike69 said:

Or in other words you need someone like me to come back here on a regular basis to stir up the pot?...:biggrin::biggrin:

Well Done Thumbs Up GIF by Saturday Night Live

I remember you. You're the guy who ran off with that lovely meter maid. Sad loss for the Barc Apartments. They never recovered after you stole her. Got any pix? 😛

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

When I was a kid my mum made pancakes,scones,cupcakes etc,etc and I learned how to make these things cos she let me help with the promise of if I done good I would get to lick the bowl and spoon when we were finished.😀😀

Hey Dave, same here. It was a simple thing licking batter and frosting off the mixers and spoons, but I have wonderful memories helping my Mom baking also. And 20 different kinds of cookies at Christmas time!

• Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 3:03 PM, HarleyFatboy said:

I was sitting at the dining room table a short while ago eating some left over spaghetti and thinking about what I wasn't getting from the forum anymore.  Years and years ago when I first found RLC and CC,  I was getting enjoyment from both, but in todays time it's just not the same.  RLC is definitely not the same and CC has changed quite drastically.  Has RLC changed because of CC, or has CC changed because of RLC?  I can honestly say that in the last year I haven't read anything, been told anything, or seen what little I could find on the web or have been shared with, that would make me want to subscribe to RLC.  Are you all seeing the final countdown of RLC, has it just become one big LOOP,  or is RLC patiently waiting for some kind of new rollout?  The ugly truth seems to be the lack of interesting posts and more and more posts just to pass some time away!

Anyway, the leftover spaghetti was awesome!!

I've been around on CC for 3 years now. So I dont go back too far. Things seemed a bit lighter and more fun to me when I first started coming on here. Maybe because it was something new. And I haven't been able to get on here as much as I used to, so I feel out of the loop because I can't keep up with what's going on. As for leftover spagetti I like it 2 ways, right out of the fridge cold, especially after I've been drinking. The other way is to put a little extra gravy on it, put it in a hot frying pan, I fry it real good so the gravy sticks to it, and some of the pasta gets hard and real chewy. Add some parmesan to it and garlic bread out of the broiler, and go to town!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ashleyxyz said:

Hey Dave, same here. It was a simple thing licking batter and frosting off the mixers and spoons, but I have wonderful memories helping my Mom baking also. And 20 different kinds of cookies at Christmas time!

Happy days Ash👍

• Like 1

I've been around on CC for 3 years now. So I dont go back too far. Things seemed a bit lighter and more fun to me when I first started coming on here. Maybe because it was something new. And I haven't been able to get on here as much as I used to, so I feel out of the loop because I can't keep up with what's going on. As for leftover spagetti I like it 2 ways, right out of the fridge cold, especially after I've been drinking. The other way is to put a little extra gravy on it, put it in a hot frying pan, I fry it real good so the gravy sticks to it, and some of the pasta gets hard and real chewy. Add some parmesan to it and garlic bread out of the broiler, and go to town!

It would be freezing cold by the time you got back Yeh!!!!😀😀😀

• Like 1

I've only been on here a little over a year Ash and you are one of the most comical,friendly interesting people on CC.Ok your input is maybe restricted but you are working hard(Guy as well)to achieve your personal goals which is far more important.You're a breath of fresh air.JMHO.👍

• Like 3