Should Amy3 be made into a moderator?

Amy3

Should Amy3 be promoted to be a forum moderator?   

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should Amy3 be made a mod?

• Yes, that's a no brainier!
    • Hell no, are you fucking joking!

Requirements for a mod are very simple:

5 years work experience as a Junior High School teacher.

Able to leap rabid threads at a single mouse click.

Ability to ignore snowflakes. Ability to kill spammers. Accept fun-loving trollish behavior when it's fun, beat the shit out of /b trolls when they cause problems.

Ability to never take ANYTHING seriously.

Experience running Romper Room or pile driving railroad spikes preferred.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Amy3 said:

I appreciate the response. Indeed, I fully understand that I am not exactly the most stable person in the world. However, I do have a pretty good idea about almost everything that happens on this site. I hardly would say that the moderators here are entirely passive, calm, and are capable of treating all members with the same degree of fairness. I've seen plenty of incidents that proves that idea false. Indeed, they are not loved by all, and they also do not love all evenly. I also think all of the mods have been former posters. At any rate, being mod is a role to play, it's a job, you've only ever seen Amy3 as the fiesty freelance commentator. I might just surprise you. 

Glad you understand all i said.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ipiratemedia said:

I agree with a specific point, Z. Most site Admin and staff recruit forum moderators from pools of volunteers. If your talking about Mods Defined, your 100% correct (they get paid) - If you're talking about Volunteer Mods gigs, they don't pay any money. Today they have Monkeys, who escaped Laboratories working as MODS. For those few introvert baby-boomers who never experience the power, it would feel a lot different from participating as a regular member. As a Mod, you have to go where you are needed and spend time handling flagged posts. Etc. 01.gif.ab16553382387d3fdbe14f2e76c6b8b0.gif

Exactly.Thats why we always can diferenciate the good mods from the "less good" ones,from the moment you loose your independence and take things Personaly you lose any credibility to be a mod.Thats why i said other times,i truly respect the good mods,that as possible treat all users of forum same way.Those have my respect,the others not so much.Amy for exemple is to much  spontaneous and emotional,don't feel she would give a proper mod,but also not worst that some we see arround the webbb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Amy3 said:

Well I wasn't a Jr. High teacher although I did work as a supervisor at a facility that housed sexually and emotionally disturbed adolescents. These were kids on the brink of juvenile hall. I spent many a night watching suicidal kids brought in by the cops. BTW, the staff were worse then the kids. Surely that qualifies. 

I know this site pretty much inside and out. I think I could quite easily master the art of post deletion and correction.

I am a master of both good and bad behavior on a forum. Who better then me to recognize humor versus evil?

Ability to never take ANYTHING seriously. I think this would have be my weak spot. However, being employed as a moderator changes the game. I'm actually quite respectable in my life outside of CamCaps. Surely I'm workable!  

Amy has plenty of knowledge of this forum & how RLC, VHTV operates. She can school us on the tenants & the landlords dealings. Her experiences will help her with dealing with the cc members 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

oh! no can't say yep only except after she get out of Simone syndrome😋!she knows what i 'm says😊! also there's am! as weak point in her file..should be the Mod have no any personally relationship in any members here!but without those a mini points !she would be a great Mod ! because she know all thing about this forum and she's define all the function buttons on the forum and for what purpose they are used! plus she have all skill's on writing commentaries in any thread and in any title,it doesn't have matter now if you agree or disagree with her, and she also as a very active as an a member!with all sections on all parts of this forum even if her got a some of good or bad reactions! i can assure you that doesn't influence on her ! the compliments or a complaints have the same do of not affecting on her when she's has think about taken it any decision ..that is what me know so well about her !at end, she have all properties that's all Mods would needs so i had voted to yes, yep ,yeaah💖-haan in India❤️ - Oui in Franch ❤️- Ja in Garmany ..🙅‍♀️❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not that what I say ever matters on this forum but I think Amy3 should be given the chance to be a Mod.  I know there are Mods on this forum that will disagree with me but at the same time those same Mods can't argue that Amy3 has all the right stuff to be a Mod.  I say make her a Mod and give her a trial period and after that trial period determine the outcome of her fate.....stay on as a Mod or be cast out forever.  Everybody that has the desire to be a Mod should at least be given a chance!!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Not that what I say ever matters on this forum but I think Amy3 should be given the chance to be a Mod.  I know there are Mods on this forum that will disagree with me but at the same time those same Mods can't argue that Amy3 has all the right stuff to be a Mod.  I say make her a Mod and give her a trial period and after that trial period determine the outcome of her fate.....stay on as a Mod or be cast out forever.  Everybody that has the desire to be a Mod should at least be given a chance!!

Good idea, but who would determine after the trial period whether to continue or be cast out???

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, happyone said:

Good idea, but who would determine after the trial period whether to continue or be cast out???

That's a good question but her actions alone should speak volumes to whomever will be on the judgement panel.  I say to give her a chance and see what happens.  I personally feel like Amy3 would be a great Mod and let's face it, one more Mod can't be anything but good.  It will be good to have a different point of view from a new Mod, it will be good for the current Mod's if they need to take a break she would be there to help spread the load.  I know that moderating this forum is not the hardest thing a person can do in life but I bet there are many times that it could be busy where having an extra Mod would help.  Anyway, just my thoughts and I think she should be given a chance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

That's a good question but her actions alone should speak volumes to whomever will be on the judgement panel.  I say to give her a chance and see what happens.  I personally feel like Amy3 would be a great Mod and let's face it, one more Mod can't be anything but good.  It will be good to have a different point of view from a new Mod, it will be good for the current Mod's if they need to take a break she would be there to help spread the load.  I know that moderating this forum is not the hardest thing a person can do in life but I bet there are many times that it could be busy where having an extra Mod would help.  Anyway, just my thoughts and I think she should be given a chance.

I do agree (after all she gave me a like in the political thread) :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1