Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

14 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Can you please put your source? 

Helen Davidson in Hong Kong Fri 13 Mar 2020 02.39 EDT

Jonathan Mayer, professor emeritus at the University of Washington’s department of epidemiology, said it was “entirely conceivable” there were cases as early as mid-November.  We know that there are reports of early suppression of reports of cases, and the ‘whistleblowers’ dealt with rather severely. It’s widely accepted, including by the head of China’s Center for Disease Control and Prevention that the virus originated in Hubei

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

BULLSHIT jabbath !!!!!!!!

What about Giuseppe Conti and Sergio Mattarella ? What about Pedro Sanchez ? What about Emanuel Macron and Edouard Phillipe ?

What about Angela Merkle ? What about Boris Johnson ? there are many to blame other than the US for everything including our President.

Lets run the numbers shall we ?

United Kingdom, Spain, France, Italy, and Germany total population 320 million  total # of cases 134,505 and deaths 8297

Unites States of America                                              total population 327 million  total # of cases   34,071 and deaths   431

You want to place blame then you must place it where it belongs on  Communist China and how it suppressed the facts for too long, and ensuring that the virus would spread all over the world. One must never forget their goal of world dominance by 2030,

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

They also built two hospitals in less than two weeks. 

Yeah so they say but I would tell you that is a physical impossibility. I wouldn't believe anything that comes out of China apart from the fact that they have stuffed the whole world. They may have erected some temporary type structure and stuffed some beds in them but 2 hospitals in 2 weeks, no way. Being an ex structural engineer they would need at least that time to construct and pour the foundations and to let it cure off.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jabbath1987 said:

Holy cow. Nearly 15000 more cases on one day in the USA...

I agree our numbers are increasing rapidly, but as of a few minutes ago,
our new cases for today are 9,339. Where did you see nearly 15,000?

image.thumb.png.22a7b3b0cf746406e10e2165704a510e.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

Yes, sadly a vaccine's probably a year away...

But guys, we're all in this together and it's not a competition as to who has the least deaths or the best containment plan in place. Each country is trying to handle a scary surreal situation best they can.
Plus there are many factors why, for instance, A has had more deaths than B...

1 think that puzzles me a little though...We're told that it will possibly be months before we turn this thing around here in the UK...How come China appears to have done it in double quick time...:dodgy:

Hi Naga, why should we believe any numbers that come from China? They've lied about this from day one, and I'm quite sure they continue to lie now. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

I agree our numbers are increasing rapidly, but as of a few minutes ago,
our new cases for today are 9,339. Where did you see nearly 15,000?

image.thumb.png.22a7b3b0cf746406e10e2165704a510e.png

worldometers have done an error few hours ago, the number of new cases was around +15000 but few minutes later  they corrected this number to around +8000 new cases this is why

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

Hi Naga, why should we believe any numbers that come from China? They've lied about this from day one, and I'm quite sure they continue to lie now. 

When this is all over or under control mark my words China are gonna get such a backlash from the rest of the world they won't know what's bloody hit em.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Yeah so they say but I would tell you that is a physical impossibility. I wouldn't believe anything that comes out of China apart from the fact that they have stuffed the whole world. They may have erected some temporary type structure and stuffed some beds in them but 2 hospitals in 2 weeks, no way. Being an ex structural engineer they would need at least that time to construct and pour the foundations and to let it cure off.

I believe you, however, I saw a time-lapse video of one of them being
constructed and it didn't look temporary, at all. It was a multi-story
building (I don't know how many, but at least five), made of concrete,
rebar, girders, etc.

1 hour ago, letsdothis said:

I believe you, however, I saw a time-lapse video of one of them being
constructed and it didn't look temporary, at all. It was a multi-story
building (I don't know how many, but at least five), made of concrete,
rebar, girders, etc.

Just saw one of these videos (2 story's) and yes it does seem to look impressive but reading another report it said that nearly one week after the first hospital was so called finished only 90 patients were there out of a possible 1600 and were reporting no spare beds?

Also they reported that 1000's of doctors would be working there, now how do they magically recruit 1000's of new doctors in just weeks.

All this time lapse photography had to be filmed by someone but not from outside Chine you can bet so how can it reasonably be validated.

No sorry the whole feasibility of this doesn't sit right with my technical/practical brain lol.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Robwin said:

When this is all over or under control mark my words China are gonna get such a backlash from the rest of the world they won't know what's bloody hit em.

No doubt there will be a backlash against China but it certainly can't be in the form of an import's embargo as most of the world including the USA  have pinned their own colours to that particular mast a while ago.

Eg:Disney World

• Like 1