Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Please explain to me what I'm allowed to post here.  It appears to me that if it even closely criticizes Trump, then I've made it political......but if I praise him, it will suddenly be ok.  I'm only speaking of Covid-19 and it's implications in EVERY facet.....not just the ones people want to hear.

Anything about Donald Trump goes in the Political Topic.  This is strictly for Coronavirus on the Non-Political end of it.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bluewinner said:

I really wish the scientist who are working on finding its cure get some results soon. 🙏

I don't know about other countries, but in UK, there seems to be several ongoing trials. I don't know the exact details, so I won't make any shit up. but 1 involves a £3000 payment to be shut in a room for 14 days...I think they're given a weak derivative of COVID-19, and are maybe checking clearance levels at 14 days...but that's just a guess...

1 hour ago, nagachilli2 said:

I don't know about other countries, but in UK, there seems to be several ongoing trials. I don't know the exact details, so I won't make any shit up. but 1 involves a £3000 payment to be shut in a room for 14 days...I think they're given a weak derivative of COVID-19, and are maybe checking clearance levels at 14 days...but that's just a guess...

In the US they gave New York city 70,000 doses of a Malaria drug Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine 750,000 doses of the later:

has been used for years and what is call a Z-pack Anti Biotic, together there has been really good results in limited trials, so the President along with his Administration pushed all the red tape aside so this trial could start today in New York City, the worst hit in the US so far. They are getting ready to try it in other areas in the US as well.

As the world's heath experts race to find treatments -- and eventually, a cure -- for the novel coronavirus, two drugs have jumped to the front of the conversation: chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine.

President Donald Trump has called the drugs, which are used to treat malaria and other conditions, game changers, and a rush to procure the pharmaceuticals spurred several US states to take measures to prevent shortages amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
New York moved to begin trials Tuesday, procuring 70,000 doses of hydroxychloroquine and 750,000 doses of chloroquine, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said. In addition Bayer, the drug maker, has donated 3 million doses of Resochin, its brand name for chloroquine, to the federal government.

'It's not going to kill anybody'

The reason Trump lauds the drugs is because they've been shown, in labs, to be effective against severe acute respiratory syndrome coronaviruses -- including the SARS strain that causes Covid-19 -- as well as other coronaviruses, the CDC said.
Hydroxychloroquine is being studied to determine if it can prevent the onset of Covid-19 before or after a patient is infected with the SARS coronavirus strain that causes it, and if it can be used to treat Covid-19 sufferers, the CDC said.
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

In the US they gave New York city 70,000 doses of a Malaria drug Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine 750,000 doses of the later:

has been used for years and what is call a Z-pack Anti Biotic, togher there has been really good results in limit trials, so the President along with his Administration pushed all the red tape aside so this trial could start today in New York City, the worst hit in the US so far. They are getting ready to try it in other areas in the US as well.

As the world's heath experts race to find treatments -- and eventually, a cure -- for the novel coronavirus, two drugs have jumped to the front of the conversation: chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine.

President Donald Trump has called the drugs, which are used to treat malaria and other conditions, game changers, and a rush to procure the pharmaceuticals spurred several US states to take measures to prevent shortages amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
New York moved to begin trials Tuesday, procuring 70,000 doses of hydroxychloroquine and 750,000 doses of chloroquine, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said. In addition Bayer, the drug maker, has donated 3 million doses of Resochin, its brand name for chloroquine, to the federal government.

'It's not going to kill anybody'

The reason Trump lauds the drugs is because they've been shown, in labs, to be effective against severe acute respiratory syndrome coronaviruses -- including the SARS strain that causes Covid-19 -- as well as other coronaviruses, the CDC said.
Hydroxychloroquine is being studied to determine if it can prevent the onset of Covid-19 before or after a patient is infected with the SARS coronavirus strain that causes it, and if it can be used to treat Covid-19 sufferers, the CDC said.

All very best scientist in the world are working on this currently, can you just imagine what they will come up with tomorrow. We are a great people and will not let this silent killer get the best of us.

7 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Anything about Donald Trump goes in the Political Topic.  This is strictly for Coronavirus on the Non-Political end of it.  

Stone, I'm a little confused. Just two hours ago, you said, "Anything
about Donald Trump goes in the Political Topic." Yet, an hour later
there's an article posted with Trump all over it. And, it certainly has
the ring of politics to it, trying to make him look like the good guy
by sweeping aside the red tape so these drugs could be distributed
to NYC, etc.

It kind of seems like what Enigma said earlier, if it says something
derogatory about Trump, it's not allowed in this topic, but if it paints
a halo around his head, it's OK.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

Stone, I'm a little confused. Just two hours ago, you said, "Anything
about Donald Trump goes in the Political Topic." Yet, an hour later
there's an article posted with Trump all over it. And, it certainly has
the ring of politics to it, trying to make him look like the good guy
by sweeping aside the red tape so these drugs could be  distributed
to NYC, etc.

It kind of seems like what Enigma said earlier, if it says something
derogatory about Trump, it's not allowed in this topic, but if it paints
a halo around his head, it's OK.

This Topic should be for the Coronavirus discussion of the non-political end of it. 

If it's anything that Trump says then it should be placed in the Political Topic and not here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

This Topic should be for the Coronavirus discussion of the non-political end of it. 

If it's anything that Trump says then it should be placed in the Political Topic and not here.

i am confused also, i talked more early about Johnson and his decision to finally do a lockdown in the UK for fight this virus, is it authorized to talk about this because for me there is a relation betweeen the politic decision and this virus

this is why the other day i asked for maybe move this thread in the politic section i am lost

there is no doubt about it because the only thing that Enigma alias Cody does is simply to make this subject political to be able to continue to criticize Trump because it is only the only thing that he can do

Of course we are talking about the choices of our policies and the different measures put in place to fight this virus, but we are not taking sides, there's a big difference between what most of the members say here, and what Enigma wants to do

25 minutes ago, firewall said:

i am confused also, i talked more early about Johnson and his decision to finally do a lockdown in the UK for fight this virus, is it authorized to talk about this because for me there is a relation betweeen the politic decision and this virus

this is why the other day i asked for maybe move this thread in the politic section i am lost

It's kind of hard to tell what's what at some point a Politicians name will always arise in the subject regardless so it's going to be hard to separate the two.

2 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

It's kind of hard to tell what's what at some point a Politicians name will always arise in the subject regardless so it's going to be hard to separate the two.

it's complicated, i was thinking the moment this thread was moved in the politic section it was authorized to talk about the politic decision with this virus, everything is connected for me