Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

3 minutes ago, AntEater said:

Just like the president said, we're both no experts so him nor I can say yes or no, BUT we can have hope to aim for that and have that be our goal, is that so bad? Ultimately though, just like Trump said, it will be up to what advice the professionals recommend. I can't complain about that.

He's being rather optimistic, in my eyes...So he shouldn't fill the US public with optimism...especially when it's starting to hit you guys hard now..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nagachilli2 said:

He's being rather optimistic, in my eyes...So he shouldn't fill the US public with optimism...especially when it's starting to hit you guys hard now..

Remember it only appears like it's hitting us hard now because we're testing more. This is why I like watching the press briefings because they have a specific data expert that explains the data you see in the media thoroughly. My favorite thing she explained was that a lot of the data and and graphs you see are based on what would happen if nothing was done at all but they don't tell you that in the papers.

As for the optimism I don't mind it. I'm ready to go back to work (I've had it and recovered to the best of my knowledge) and I'm sure there's a lot more like me who can go back into the public and be of no harm to others or themselves. While also making sure at-risk-groups are protected. Personally I can't see how that would be possible, but I trust that the smart people with all the facts that are working very hard on this will figure something out.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AntEater said:

Let me start of by saying I'm not Trump fan because I just don't agree on a lot of his policies, BUT I have a lot of respect for how he has handled this situation. If you watch the press briefing and hear it first hand and not from news articles I think you would feel the same way. He has put all of his differences aside and worked hard to solve this problem. Not only that the press briefings do not consist of just Trump speaking, there's a combination of people that make-up the task force, including Dr's, researchers, economists and a whole bunch of different professionals that are working around the clock who answer questions and give updates on what is going on. They really help put a lot of what you see in the media in perspective since there is so much misinformation and fear mongering gong around. So yes I'm very proud and totally believe everything they have been talking about because unlike the crap the media is spewing there stuff comes to fruition. Don't let the media lead you blindly, if you really want to know what's going on in the States listen to the professionals talk first hand, not the ones trying to sell you something. 

You need to understand that some people hate Trump and will never give him credit for doing anything positive. Those people probably think it was a bad idea to ban travel from China and Europe just because Trump is the one who made the decision.:sad:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nagachilli2 said:

Why not??  It is a hell of a lot better than hearing doom and gloom all day from the news media--at least he gives us a glimmer of hope for the near future. 

He said he would hope that we could get back to normal by Easter--he did not say we really would--

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, happyone said:

Why not??  It is a hell of a lot better than hearing doom and gloom all day from the news media--at least he gives us a glimmer of hope for the near future. 

He said he would hope that we could get back to normal by Easter--he did not say we really would--

We can all hope but unfortunately no one in all honesty can say when it will end as no one knows as it is all guesswork. But i think one thing for sure is that it won;t be over in a few weeks. They all say when we hit the peak but what the hell is the peak. They can all produce these fancy spreadsheets and graphs but like all computer generated stuff if you put rubbish in you get rubbish out. I can see it lasting until the end of the year at least. Ok the figures may drop but then once they start letting people re engage with society whats to say it won't start rising again as there will always be someone who still has it who can then spread it again. It will only end when they have all found a vaccine which will immune everybody to the disease.

6 minutes ago, Robwin said:

We can all hope but unfortunately no one in all honesty can say when it will end as no one knows as it is all guesswork. But i think one thing for sure is that it won;t be over in a few weeks. They all say when we hit the peak but what the hell is the peak. They can all produce these fancy spreadsheets and graphs but like all computer generated stuff if you put rubbish in you get rubbish out. I can see it lasting until the end of the year at least. Ok the figures may drop but then once they start letting people re engage with society whats to say it won't start rising again as there will always be someone who still has it who can then spread it again. It will only end when they have all found a vaccine which will immune everybody to the disease.

One thing we do know---that it will not be over in 2 weeks now that Boris is sick 😏

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, happyone said:

One thing we do know---that it will not be over in 2 weeks now that Boris is sick 😏

No but to be fair i think he said 3 weeks lol.

But seriously i know they all want to help bolster public confidence but no one knows or has got a bloody clue experts included.

Until a vaccine is available it's all in the lap of the gods.