Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

However, some medical professionals indicate that this virus may also be seasonal like the flu.  But of course we need a vaccine to prevent it from occurring again. and a treatment to alleviate the virus when it does happen-which

everyone is trying different treatment methods to come up with a solution

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Robwin said:

No but to be fair i think he said 3 weeks lol.

But seriously i know they all want to help bolster public confidence but no one knows or has got a bloody clue experts included.

Until a vaccine is available it's all in the lap of the gods.

Not true. China knows. They have lifted the lockdown order and things are looking good. As well as South Korea and a lot of data coming out of Europe. At this point we know a lot more than you think. On top of that they're working on getting FDA approval for certain treatments that are showing positive results so we don't only have to wait for a virus if we can find a way to treat those few that are at risk.

Just now, AntEater said:

Not true. China knows. They have lifted the lockdown order and things are looking good. As well as South Korea and a lot of data coming out of Europe. At this point we know a lot more than you think.

If you believe that you'll believe anything sorry. Yes they may have lifted the lockdown and whats happening now? its started rising again out there. Slowly at first like in the beginning but it will only gather momentum again no doubt.

7 minutes ago, Robwin said:

If you believe that you'll believe anything sorry. Yes they may have lifted the lockdown and whats happening now? its started rising again out there. Slowly at first like in the beginning but it will only gather momentum again no doubt.

It started rising before they lifted the lockdown so ask yourself why they would do that if there were still rising cases? Whether you believe them or not a lot of the new cases are from people bringing the virus in from outside China. They disclosed this to the WHO as a warning to other nations to be vigilant with screening of outsiders when they too have managed to turn the tide. 

Also if you cross check with data coming out of South Korea and Germany you will see some correlations unless you believe they are all liars.

Edited by AntEater

9 minutes ago, AntEater said:

Not true. China knows. They have lifted the lockdown order and things are looking good. As well as South Korea and a lot of data coming out of Europe. At this point we know a lot more than you think.

I especially think that the United States and Europe did not expect to be hit as hard by this virus, they underestimated this one by thinking that it would not do too much damage, a little like the SRAS of 2002 where was the most affected Asian countries but the rest of the world was fairly quiet
So no country was really ready to receive it and each country had to make emergency decisions, I have the impression that only Germany has taken this virus seriously
we will have to hold lessons so that it can never happen again

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, moos54 said:

I especially think that the United States and Europe did not expect to be hit as hard by this virus, they underestimated this one by thinking that it would not do too much damage, a little like the SRAS of 2002 where was the most affected Asian countries but the rest of the world was fairly quiet
So no country was really ready to receive it and each country had to make emergency decisions, I have the impression that only Germany has taken this virus seriously

Don't forget South Korea.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, moos54 said:

And yet Germany have now reached over 50,000 and rising, All of europe has been hit very hard and ours are starting to go through the bloody roof now.

5 minutes ago, AntEater said:

Don't forget South Korea.

South Korea or even Russia are countries very close to China and it is normal that they were more foresighted
They must have memories of 2002, so they are much better prepared than the rest of us.

And then being totalitarian regimes, when we tell them to stay confined, they listen, while we in democratic countries we think we have all the rights, we see what happens now, we count the dead by thousand when it surely could have been avoidable

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Robwin said:

And yet Germany have now reached over 50,000 and rising, All of europe has been hit very hard and ours are starting to go through the bloody roof now.

yes they have a high contaminated population but they don't have a lot of deaths in comparison
Simply because they have tested a large part of the population and they have confined the patients quickly before the disease reaches the weakest

• Like 2