Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

9 minutes ago, moos54 said:

And then being totalitarian regimes, when we tell them to stay confined, they listen, while we in democratic countries we think we have all the rights, we see what happens now, we count the dead by thousand when it surely could have been avoidable

Yep must agree with you there many over here especially the younger ones have and still are being very irresponsible and selfish with their attitude and their actions.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Yep must agree with you there many over here especially the younger ones have and still are being very irresponsible and selfish with their attitude and their actions.

Especially that beyond spreading the disease which can endanger the lives of others, in the end they endanger their own lives, because there are some deaths of young people in good health, so zero risk does not exist not

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AntEater said:

Let me start of by saying I'm no Trump fan because I just don't agree with a lot of his policies, BUT I have a lot of respect for how he has handled this situation. If you watch the press briefing and hear it first hand and not from news articles I think you would feel the same way. He has put all of his differences aside and worked hard to solve this problem. Not only that the press briefings do not consist of just Trump speaking, there's a combination of people that make-up the task force, including Dr's, researchers, economists and a whole bunch of different professionals that are working around the clock who answer questions and give updates on what is going on. They really help put a lot of what you see in the media in perspective since there is so much misinformation and fear mongering gong around. So yes I'm very proud and totally believe everything they have been talking about because unlike the crap the media is spewing there stuff comes to fruition. Don't let the media lead you blindly, if you really want to know what's going on in the States listen to the professionals talk first hand, not the ones trying to sell you something. 

I am no Trump fan either but I tend to believe the doctors and professionals that are specialized in this type of field. It's not only Trump but Leaders all over World downplayed this Coronavirus (COVID19) until was too late before they started making decisive actions in the meantime scores of people have lost their lives that really didn't need to.  Had the panic button been pushed sooner things may not have turned out as bad as it has.  Now the World has a catastrophic problem on their hands that hasn't even come close to reaching the tip of the iceberg. 

This is my personal view only of the situation at hand.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

So do you think you're all gonna be back on track by Easter then, according to your President?...🥴

The Economy will be lucky if it's back in operation by Summer.  Easter is just another Trump Pipe Dream.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

I am no Trump fan either but I tend to believe the doctors and professionals that are specialized in this type of field. It's not only Trump but Leaders all over World downplayed this Coronavirus (COVID19) until was too late before they started making decisive actions in the meantime scores of people have lost their lives that really didn't need to.  Had the panic button been pushed sooner things may not have turned out as bad as it has.  Now the World has a catastrophic problem on their hands that hasn't even come close to reaching the tip of the iceberg. 

This is my personal view only of the situation at hand.

It's not just that Trump wasted valuable time after the problem became known. Equally stupid was the decision to eliminate the pandemic reponse team. 

If one also takes into account the inability of the USA to build a Health care system that works for everyone. 

That's how it is with responsible positions. Whoever is at the top must also stand up for his mistakes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AntEater said:

Not true. China knows. They have lifted the lockdown order and things are looking good. As well as South Korea and a lot of data coming out of Europe. At this point we know a lot more than you think. On top of that they're working on getting FDA approval for certain treatments that are showing positive results so we don't only have to wait for a virus if we can find a way to treat those few that are at risk.

Does anyone really believe any information the Chinese Communist Government puts out?  Why did they kick out reporters from The Washington Post, The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal? Also, I've heard reports of satellite photos which show very long lines of people outside Chinese hospitals.

1 hour ago, Alladino said:

It's not just that Trump wasted valuable time after the problem became known. Equally stupid was the decision to eliminate the pandemic reponse team. 

If one also takes into account the inability of the USA to build a Health care system that works for everyone. 

That's how it is with responsible positions. Whoever is at the top must also stand up for his mistakes.

The pandemic response team was never eliminated. That is a complete and total lie. Also, the government run healthcare systems of Italy and Spain are really doing a fabulous job of handling the pandemic aren't they?  If I become infected with the coronavirus  I would much rather be treated In the U.S.than anywhere else in the world.

• Like 1

I just have one question, How is it the Italian, Spanish, German, UK and France, Iran, and even though the lying Chinese and Russian reports, as they haven't changed for over month now. All have Universal healthcare for all.These countries all have the highest actual death per capita. How well is it working for their better than US healthcare systems ?

US 327 million people 1711 deaths 104671 cases, death rate = 1.6%  percent infection .032% infection per captia

EU 513 million people 19375 deaths 213862 cases, death rate = 9.0% percent infection .041% infection per capita.

In terms of landmass, the United States and Europe are similar in size —the United States is 9,833,000 square kilometers while Europe is 10,180,000 square kilometers

I may have missed a few of the countries belonging to EU, but the numbers don't lie, the above statements simply can not be proven numerically, which makes it typical post of opinions that has been educated by the Media, instead of Science and Math.

Just one of my opinions of the many failures of the universal healthcare systems. 

BTW, Alandino what about the EU Rapid Response team and Epidemic Response teams, how well did they do ?

• Like 1

il y a 6 minutes, Thestarider a dit :

Je viens de poser une question, comment est-il l'italien, l'espagnol, l'allemand, du Royaume-Uni et la France, l'Iran, et même si les rapports chinois couchés, comme ils l'ont pas changé depuis le mois fini. Tous ont des soins de santé universel pour les pays all.These ont tous le plus la mort réelle par habitant. Comment est-elle bien travailler pour leur mieux que les systèmes de santé des États-Unis?

327 millions de personnes 1711 décès 104671 cas taux de mortalité = 1,6% pour cent des infections infection 0,032% par captia

UE 513 millions de personnes 19375 décès 213862 cas taux de mortalité = 9,0% pour cent des infections 0,041% d'infection par habitant.

J'ai manqué quelques-uns des pays appartenant à l'UE, mais les chiffres ne mentent pas, les déclarations ci-dessus ne peuvent simplement pas être numériquement prouvé, ce qui en fait après typique d'opinions qui ont été instruits par les médias, au lieu de la science et Math.

Juste un des mes opinions des nombreux échecs des systèmes de santé universels. 

BTW, Alandino quid des équipes d'intervention de l'équipe d'intervention rapide de l'UE et épidémie, comment font-ils?

In France, the decision to order confinement was given when the 100 dead mark was reached.
It is especially in the East of the country that there were the most victims, the contagion moving towards the West.

And so the effects of confinement will be seen in the West of France in 10 days.

In the USA, a great deal of time has been lost due to Trump's indecision.
If you are a Republican, you will not agree with me.

But when you reach the figure of over 10,000 dead, maybe these people will open their eyes to Trump's incapacity

• Like 1

Reuters, one of the non-bias agencies had this to say

WWW.REUTERS.COM

Correction: the headline of this fact-check earlier read "Trump fired pandemic response team in 2018", it has been amended to "Trump fired entire pandemic response team in 2018"

VERDICT

Partly false: The Trump administration disbanded the “pandemic response” team, but some of the team members were reassigned to roles that included pandemic response

This article was produced by the Reuters Fact Check team. Read more about our fact checking work here .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lurtz said:

In France, the decision to order confinement was given when the 100 dead mark was reached.
It is especially in the East of the country that there were the most victims, the contagion moving towards the West.

And so the effects of confinement will be seen in the West of France in 10 days.

But when you reach the figure of over 10,000 dead, maybe these people will open their eyes to Trump's incapacity

Trump was indecisive when he stopped travel from China to the U.S. at the end of January and then when he stopped travel from Europe to the U.S.?

10 minutes ago, Lurtz said:

I am a registered independent. Using your analogy currently one city in the US represents 44% of the overall death rate and one state represents 34% of all infections in the US to date. That same city only represents 2.61% of the population of the US. Once again you must quit believing all the MEDIA BS as it is mostly fictional and their opinions, and not proven scientifically or numerically.

• Like 2