Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

1 minute ago, happyone said:

Reuters, one of the non-bias agencies had this to say

WWW.REUTERS.COM

Correction: the headline of this fact-check earlier read "Trump fired pandemic response team in 2018", it has been amended to "Trump fired entire pandemic response team in 2018"

VERDICT

Partly false: The Trump administration disbanded the “pandemic response” team, but some of the team members were reassigned to roles that included pandemic response

This article was produced by the Reuters Fact Check team. Read more about our fact checking work here .

Read the March17, 2020 article in the "Washington Free Beacon" entitled, "Media, Democrats Ran With False Claim Trump 'Disbanded' Pandemic Office".

1 minute ago, jabbath1987 said:

So this is a Trump vs. the virus topic now or what? We can see how well he did when it is all over. 

No one will have done well period, as we have lost previous life in the world. Fingerprinting never accomplishes anything.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

So this is a Trump vs. the virus topic now or what? We can see how well he did when it is all over. 

When someone makes a statement or posts something that is not entirely true--like Alladino did--since this is a discussion forum---a response is warranted---

and the responses do contain arguments to disagree with the original statement  as it relates to the virus response. 

• Like 1

All this bloody stupid point scoring from you americans is unbelievable.

If you put as much energy into protecting yourselves and isolating etc rather than point scoring you may get somewhere.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Robwin said:

If you put as much energy into protecting yourselves and isolating etc rather than point scoring you may get somewhere.

I am doing both FYI . :biggrin:--so score one more for me 😏

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Robwin said:

They are just facts, no one is scoring any points. Everyone is losing period.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

I just have one question, How is it the Italian, Spanish, German, UK and France, Iran, and even though the lying Chinese and Russian reports, as they haven't changed for over month now. All have Universal healthcare for all.These countries all have the highest actual death per capita. How well is it working for their better than US healthcare systems ?

US 327 million people 1711 deaths 104671 cases, death rate = 1.6%  percent infection .032% infection per captia

EU 513 million people 19375 deaths 213862 cases, death rate = 9.0% percent infection .041% infection per capita.

In terms of landmass, the United States and Europe are similar in size —the United States is 9,833,000 square kilometers while Europe is 10,180,000 square kilometers

I may have missed a few of the countries belonging to EU, but the numbers don't lie, the above statements simply can not be proven numerically, which makes it typical post of opinions that has been educated by the Media, instead of Science and Math.

Just one of my opinions of the many failures of the universal healthcare systems. 

BTW, Alandino what about the EU Rapid Response team and Epidemic Response teams, how well did they do ?

don't forget this is just the beginning of the Epidemic in USA, i think in europe the epidemic  have maybe 2 weeks of ahead on  the USA and the big wave arrive on the USA and will do alot of damage also

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Personally, I think the best way to deal with the virus would be to isolate the high risk group ( age 60+  and chronically ill) in their homes while allowing the rest of the population to resume normal life activities. That way you could protect the most vulnerable from the virus without totally shutting down the economy. It appears many people below the age of sixty who become infected have such mild symptoms that they don't even know they have the disease.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, firewall said:

don't forget this is just the beginning of the Epidemic in USA, i think in europe the epidemic  have maybe 2 weeks of ahead on  the USA and the big wave arrive on the USA and will do alot of damage also

I agree that it is not reached its peak here. 

The Italian outbreak has been traced to a 38-year-old man who sought treatment at a hospital in Codogno, near Milan, on Feb. 18, where he infected dozens of patients and medical staff.

An ongoing worldwide pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), a new infectious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 , was first confirmed to have spread to the United States in January 2020. Cases have been confirmed in all fifty U.S. states, the District of Columbia

How did the coronavirus start?

The outbreak began in Wuhan, China - a city with a population of over 11 million.

The virus is believed to have originated from a "wet market" where animals such as bats, snakes, rabbit and birds are illegally sold.

Humans as well as animals - both living and dead - are put together in close contact in wet markets in often unhygienic conditions.

As the coronavirus is known to be transferred from animals to humans, it is believed market stallholders, who came into contact with animals were the first people infected with the strain.

A 61-year-old frequent shopper at the wet market was the first person to die from the virus.

Shortly after the spread of the disease, officials in China imposed a nationwide ban on the buying and selling of wild animals in markets, restaurants and other retail places.

Although experts are yet to identify the animal source of the virus, bats are widely believed to be the original hosts.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Personally, I think the best way to deal with the virus would be to isolate the high risk group ( age 60+  and chronically ill) in their homes while allowing the rest of the population to resume normal life activities. That way you could protect the most vulnerable from the virus without totally shutting down the economy. It appears many people below the age of sixty who become infected have such mild symptoms that they don't even know they have the disease.  

34 % of the critical cases here in France have between 40 and 60 yo, two days ago a girl of 16 yo is dead because of the virus...

everyone is in danger

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, firewall said:

34 % of the critical cases here in France have between 40 and 60 yo, two days ago a girl of 16 yo is dead because of the virus...

everyone is in danger

Here is the US the infection rate is pretty even in all of age groups above 18 years of age, but the death rate of course is most prevalent in those who are age 60 or older with immune systems that are challenged to defeat the virus.