Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

2 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

I agree that it is not reached its peak here. 

The Italian outbreak has been traced to a 38-year-old man who sought treatment at a hospital in Codogno, near Milan, on Feb. 18, where he infected dozens of patients and medical staff.

An ongoing worldwide pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), a new infectious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 , was first confirmed to have spread to the United States in January 2020. Cases have been confirmed in all fifty U.S. states, the District of Columbia

the big wave started here in france in the east (and continue) and coming now on the Paris area and the doctors say this is just the beginning of this big wave, the only word i have to say it's stay at home for protect you  and the others

Why does it now make sense for people to individually isolate from each other to protect from becoming infected, but way back in December when the disease was first revealed in China it was considered racist to isolate China from the rest of the world?  Political correctness and being "woke" has helped to spread the coronavirus around the world. 

1 hour ago, Ridgerunner said:

Does anyone really believe any information the Chinese Communist Government puts out?  Why did they kick out reporters from The Washington Post, The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal? Also, I've heard reports of satellite photos which show very long lines of people outside Chinese hospitals.

Not the Chinese government. There are foreign nationals living in China that are reporting on what life is like for them now. Just people who have been doing video diaries and stuff throughout the whole ordeal. Also you can see that business are opening back up. If you compare that to numbers coming out of Europe and South Korea then you should be able to come up with a clearer picture. If China's numbers don't correlate with that of other nations then they're probably lying, if it does, then that's something to think about. 

Edited by AntEater

12 minutes ago, firewall said:

the big wave started here in france in the east (and continue) and coming now on the Paris area and the doctors say this is just the beginning of this big wave, the only word i have to say it's stay at home for protect you  and the others

Unfortunately for many of us, we work in a essential food chain/agriculture business and have no choice but to go to work everyday. We carry letters that allow us to go to and from work. We help feed the world !!! 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

Unfortunately for many of us, we work in a essential food chain/agriculture business and have no choice but to go to work everyday. We carry letters that allow us to go to and from work. We help feed the world !!!

same here, the people working in the essential sectors continue working (food,truckers,medical,energie...)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, firewall said:

34 % of the critical cases here in France have between 40 and 60 yo, two days ago a girl of 16 yo is dead because of the virus...

everyone is in danger

Did the 16 yo have any other medical condition previous to becoming infected with the coronavirus? And of the 40-60 yo who are critical how many of them had previous medical conditions?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ridgerunner said:

Did the 16 yo have any other medical condition previous to becoming infected with the coronavirus? And of the 40-60 yo who are critical how many of them had previous medical conditions?

for this young girl of 16 yo no she did not have other medical condition before, she started coughting during a week and after she started to have a respiratory distress and she died few days later to the hospital,

for the other cases i can't tell, every case is particular

4 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

no she had no health problems
I’m almost certain that this is also the case for those between 40 and 60 years old
Yes this virus primarily kills weak people who have other health problems but it puts people in intensive care while they are in good health
The problem is that if these people were not in respiratory distress, we could surely better treat the elderly suffering from this virus.
The problem is the same for all countries, they plan to save young people at the expense of others because unfortunately you have to know how to make this difficult choice

it is interesting to read what athletes who have had this virus can experience
This virus manages to nail these people with great fatigue and respiratory problems and they are doing quite well because they have a big physical condition
But not everyone does sport and does not have this physical condition, that's why many people find themselves in intensive care so that we can help them breathe better

This is why I do not understand people who cannot stay at home for more than five minutes during this confinement of 4 to 6 weeks, it is irresponsible for others but also for either in the end, because we do not really know what  symptom we could develop if we have this disease, and personally I do not want to know the answer

I'm 74 years old and retired, so not much has changed in my life because of the coronavirus. I already spent almost all of my time at home and only ate at restaurants once or twice a week. I'm just a bit more careful to avoid close contact with people when I go  grocery shopping.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1