itsme

Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

13 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

The reason the U.S. has to depend upon other countries for medical supplies is because the four presidents previous to President Trump sold out America and sent all our manufacturing and our high paying middle class jobs overseas. That's why the non-politician Donald Trump was elected president. American workers were fed up with politicians who no longer worked for the American people. It was Trump who promised to bring those jobs back to America. That's what he meant by "Make America Great Again".

I am not a fan of politics for my part, at least you have the nerve to say that the problem comes from all political sides, whether Republican or Democrat
In France, we also have the same problem, for too long, successive governments have done everything to reduce the costs in our health service, we are suddenly paying the bill now when we could have been as efficient as germany
Those who are in place now are not perfect but they are not the only ones responsible for what happens
On the other hand, even if it is complicated to manage a country like the United States, I think that Trump made a mistake of strategy and which is exploding in his face now

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

What was Trump's mistake in strategy?

Western Europe has been in confinement with limited displacement for more than three weeks, and we can clearly see the ravages that this virus can do despite this, the concern is that Trump did not take the decisions soon enough and he still doesn't take them, preferring to leave the responsibility to the governors

England also made the same mistake of not applying the measures at the same time as the other countries

I really think that this pandemic could have made fewer victims if the measures had been applied earlier, the problem was to save the economy, now the problem is human and also economic

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

Wrong...it was to end the war sooner...up to a year sooner.  The japanese were not going to surrender.

My response was moved to the US political discussion

And now we return to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus discussion 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, moos54 said:

I really think that this pandemic could have made fewer victims if the measures had been applied earlier, the problem was to save the economy, now the problem is human and also economic

x311,357

2 hours ago, moos54 said:

Wouldn't have happened at all if it wasn't for the fucking chinese cock up.

Thats assuming it was a cock up??????